APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

Re: APL 2014 Challenge

Thanks for the tag Tamrin. I know I'm extremely late, lol.

I think I've passed apl. *Fingers crossed* I'll have my dh take a pic and post later.

Here is my starting length photo. I took it today.
2013-10-24193141_zpse34cd0a2.jpg

It's barely grazing. And from past experience, I stay at arm pit length for a long time. I want to grow it completely through this length and enjoy it.
Thanks for the compliment. Got any hair pics to share :devil:

It's barely grazing. And from past experience, I stay at arm pit length for a long time. I want to grow it completely through this length and enjoy it.
Thanks for the compliment. Got any hair pics to share :devil:

Yeah I hear you. I'm sure you will get there. What do you think you need to do differently to retain past APL? Do you moisture and seal your ends at night. Maybe try tucking them away.

Hmmm about any pics....not really lol unless you want to see my twistout from couple weeks ago and the one stretched today! That's all I got lol.

ForumRunner_20131024_195410.jpg

20131024_115938-1.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Um that's a twist out. It looks like straight up real curls. If I saw you I the street I'd think that's your real texture.

What I will do differently this time around is trim my hair a little bit rather than cut dramatically. I've reached BSL once after cutting in February 2009 to a pixy hair cut and APL now after my last cut in August 2012 when I cut to 2 inches above cbl.

Um that's a twist out. It looks like straight up real curls. If I saw you I the street I'd think that's your real texture.

What I will do differently this time around is trim my hair a little bit rather than cut dramatically. I've reached BSL once after cutting in February 2009 to a pixy hair cut and APL now after my last cut in August 2012 when I cut to 2 inches above cbl.

Lol girl I wish. Nah my hair is this pic below freshly washed and towel dried.

ForumRunner_20131024_205653.jpg

See that's my problem is I don't know how to put the scissors down but I don't do any drastic cutting...okay not much anymore, however I have been sticking to my trim only every 2 month schedule and only trim nothing more.

HPG

prepoo'd this morning with warmed hair trigger to the scalp and kera vada's green tea oil on the hair. cowashed with tresseme naturals aloe vera and avocado condish. Sitting with oscar blandi's marine mud ( my untimate spa product guilty pleasure) as a dc for 20 mins w/ heat. Will wash that out and final rinse w/ my tea brew of nettle, horestail, fenugreek, and rose hips.

Bought some shea moisture products CVS had a bogo free on this brand. I purchased 3 yucca & aloe thickening milks, 3 coconut & hibiscus curl milk, and 2 anti breakage mask.

HPG

Im in...

[*]Current hair length...barely SL

[*]Au Naturale

[*]Goal Month...Dec 2014

[*]Style: 9 times out of 10 cornrowed under a wig

[*]What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Nada

[*]Post a beginning pic...see attached Troll Head pics

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131026_143928.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131026_143928.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 28
  • ForumRunner_20131026_144025.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131026_144025.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

i'll "join" this from the sidelines.

i have made APL before, but i cut my hair super short again...so going back to the journey

dont think i'm going to officially join any more challenges because...well, i can never stick with any of them LOL

i will be keeping up with this post, though...just because i like to see everyone's progress.

Finally finished my twists, it took three weeks because I moved at a snails pace and I actually still have about 8 left in the middle :lachen:

My nails are growing beautifully so my vitamins have started taking hold; I give my hair another 2-3 months to catchup

Attachments

• image-3300551486.jpg
    image-3300551486.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Finally finished my twists, it took three weeks because I moved at a snails pace and I actually still have about 8 left in the middle :lachen:

My nails are growing beautifully so my vitamins have started taking hold; I give my hair another 2-3 months to catchup

They look gr8.

HPG

Dang, how did this thread get so long? :lol:

I hope we all make it to the finish line. I wanna be apl by my birthday so bad it hurts! But that might not be possible? I'm right at SL in the back. So that's 6 months. I would love to gain 4-5 inches in 6 months. But that's what I usually grow with in a year! Lol

Getting my relaxer today so now I can try out three new challenges!!

--inversion method 1x a month
--bunning if my hair is long enough
--biotin 10kmcg daily

I've been wearing this pixie cut wig and I love it so much that I really feel like chopping my hair off. STOP ME!!!!

Maybe I should put my twists back. I need to trim my ends though.

I will start posting more frequently in this thread after my December TU.
I am still in the APL 2013 challenge.

Next years challenges:

-APL 2014
-Vitamin Challenge
-WL 2015 (a girl can wish)
-Inversion

I've been wearing this pixie cut wig and I love it so much that I really feel like chopping my hair off. STOP ME!!!!

Maybe I should put my twists back. I need to trim my ends though.

Or you could just keep wearing the wig...Hello anybody there! You better not cut anything unless you are trimming!!!!!

HPG

I don't have a length check shirt so I will use the towel to measure. You know how when we get out of the shower we wrap the towel around our bodies. Well, when my hair reaches the towel and I have to be careful not to pull my wet hair when I wrap the towel tightly around my body right at my under arms, I will know I made it. Just a couple more inches and I will be there! Getting excited!!!! Hopefully November's inversion will do something magical!!!!

Wow! I'm hoping to make apl by December..was there but had a setback from post partum stuff. We will see what happens...got so much going on that I don't have much time to spend on my hair.

Back