APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

Re: APL 2014 Challenge

I suck at challenges but I'm in. Seriously this time. I promise!!

-Natural 4a/4b
-CBL
-Hairfinity/MSM/Vitamin C
-Exercise at least 4 days/week
-Healthy Vegetable and Fruit based diet.
-Twists/Twist Outs (waiting for longer length for Bantu Knots)
-As I Am Coconut Cowash
-Spray bottle with water and Aloe Vera juice mixed
-Shea Moisture Curl Style Milk/ Loreal Ever Curl Conditioner
-JBCO/Sesame Seed Oil for sealing

Time for pics!!

View attachment 229711
Top Left: PURPLE HAIR November 2012 11 months ago
Bottom Left: TWA April 2013 6 months ago Right: My puff today!!

So I got some pretty good growth in 6 months! I cut my hair and I'm doing better with it this time and learning what works for it. Consistency is key for me! I might straighten my hair for my birthday in December. I'll post the pic if I do!

PinkyPromise Your hair is so pretty. How did you get the style in your siggy?

So I'm going to start adding my hair skin and nails vitamins and 1 other supplement to my fruit/veggie smoothie in the morning. But I'm not sure what to get.

I cannot take a proper pic of my hair to save my life. I see all these incredible pics of hair at these good angles and then I try and....FAIL! I need to practice. Besides that, the picture always looks way different than my hair does in person. *sigh*

I think I'm going to join this thread I'm about 1 - 2 from apl at the very back. Hopefully I can get to full apl all over by Jan.

Hi - i can't remember if I joined this challenge or not but I am interested in joining until I am full APL. Certain parts of my hair are already there.

C'mon and join, Tatilove! You can do it. :) If you haven't been taking care of your hair, let this challenge be your motivation.

I'm not full SL either; I'm NL/SL in the nape. All you need is a nice tight regimen, and some motivation (aka this thread) and you're good!

I hope that you join us!

Come on in here Tatilove. You can do like some of the rest of us and join SL 2014 and APL 2014 at the same time. I'm not SL yet either and won't be by the end of the year.

Just join us and have some fun. :yep:

Awwww you guys are so encouraging. I was going to wait until I hit full SL to join, but I think I'll just join. Hopefully this challenge will keep me on track.

Anyone doing the 1 week a month inversion challenge?

I'm going to texlax in December & hope that my 1 wk a month inversions in October, November and December yield at least 2 inches of legit growth.

5 minutes is my daily max

Anyone doing the 1 week a month inversion challenge? I'm going to texlax in December & hope that my 1 wk a month inversions in October, November and December yield at least 2 inches of legit growth. 5 minutes is my daily max

I'm doing it and I'm hoping for 2 inches as well.

This will be my first hair challenge EVER! I'm super excited :grin:

[*]Current hair length: Grazing SL

[*]Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Relaxed

[*]Goal Month: December 2014

[*]Current Reggie and styling choices: Shampoo every other week, co wash 1-2x a week, DC 2x a week, clarify and protein once a month as needed. Moisturize & seal daily. Buns and flat twists!

[*]What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? : Keep up with my moisturizing & sealing daily (LOC Method) and leaving my hair alone!

I'm doing it and I'm hoping for 2 inches as well.

I'm doing it and I hope to gain 2 inches as well. I plan on stretching for 6 months too! I want my first relaxer to be my birthday. So I will be Bunning and not wearing my hair down at all. I may get some crochet braids.

I'm in.

Current Hair Length: SL
Relaxed
Goal Month: Hopefully by Feb 2014
Current Reggie: shampoo and deep condition 1x week; co wash 1x week; moisturize and bun
What do i plan on changing? Stop playing with my new growth and breaking it off. Keep my hands out of my head. I twist my hair to fall asleep and i must stop.

Will post pic later

Thanks for the tag. I'm transitioning, so I do not know if my natural hair will make it to APL by Dec2014... my transitioning hair is almost there... but I want to count only the natural part. hmmm Should I join?:ohwell:

Current hair length between shoulder and APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning NAtural, dyed
Goal Month February 2014
Current Reggie and styling choices wash weeklu, deep condition and protein treatment
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? I may only use Aztec clay as my hair and scalp cleanser
Post a beginning picture:

2013-10-18170215-1.jpg

Current hair length Ear Length/Neck length

Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning Natural

Goal Month September 2014 for longest layer

Current Reggie and styling choices Pre-poo with coconut oil before wash. Wash(Shea Moisture Rest Shampoo)/Cowash (As I Am Coconut Cleansing Conditioner) 2x/week.
Alternate between GBP DC and Macadamia Oil Hair Masque DC every other week. Apply hair oil (EVCO & EVOO Mix) every day to seal and apply to wet hair after wash and castor, peppermint essential, olive oil mix on scalp and roots while hair is still wet. Moisturize with African Pride Moisturizing Lotion daily. Twist hair at bedtime and cover with scarf. Wear braid outs/twist outs. Winter regie : twist/braids 24/7, wear hats when out in the cold.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? No more self trims, causes major setbacks. Will be going to salon for trims every 2 to 3 months depending on the severity of breakage.

Post a beginning picture As soon as my hair dries.

Last edited:

Current hair length between shoulder and APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning NAtural, dyed
Goal Month February 2014
Current Reggie and styling choices wash weeklu, deep condition and protein treatment
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? I may only use Aztec clay as my hair and scalp cleanser
Post a beginning picture:

2013-10-18170215-1.jpg

Beautiful tick hair

Anyone doing the 1 week a month inversion challenge?

I'm going to texlax in December & hope that my 1 wk a month inversions in October, November and December yield at least 2 inches of legit growth.

5 minutes is my daily max

I'm interested....I think I'll try it out...

OMG! I really want to join, but I'm not even shoulder length yet. I'm not even sure if I will make shoulder by December. I haven't been taking care of my hair at alll. I lost length and thickness, that's most of my progress since I started the hair journey in June. Work has just been so crazy lately, but I'm ready to get back on the horse. I'm pretty sure with some care and patience I would be able to make APL sometime in 2014. I think...

You can still join...many of us aren't even SL yet lol!

I guess I should join this challenge. I should reach APL by Summer 2014 even with a few trims.

Current hair length - CBL/SL

Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning - Relaxed with a lot of texture but, not really texlaxed.

Goal Month June 2014

Current Reggie and styling choices I'll need to think about my reggie a little more but, I will mostly co-wash and DC at least once a week. As far as styling, I will alternate between twistouts, u-parts wigs, straightening my hair and bunning.

What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Minimize direct heat to once a month and protecting my ends from my clothes. Completely eliminating shampoo.

Post a beginning picture... I'll be back to post a pic.

I pre poo'd with KeraVada coffee oil. Dc'd with shea moisture restorative mask and then cowashed with Wen fig. I may twist my hair up for a twistout.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

How are you guys that are doing inversion actually doing it? handstands, just bending over???

I'm contemplating going back to cowashing daily. I had good retention thanks to cowashing when I was relaxed. I think I'll try it for a week - along with doing the inversion method and see what that gets me. I'll be using Komaza's Moja conditioner.

Hi Ladies!

I'm in the APL 2013 challenge but since I am going to cut my hair in Dec, I am in.

Current hair length: 1.5" from APL
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning:Natural
Goal Month: Full APL by May
Current Reggie and styling choices: KISS; Co wash 2x/wk; shampoo & light protein weekly; deep protein treatment every 8 weeks; DC weekly; PS daily
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Going back to monthly trims next year.

Post a beginning picture: Will post after my cut

Are you guys measuring your hair growth from how it looks in the back or the front? I think for this challenge I'm less concerned with how long it actually is vs how long it looks in profile view. Does that make sense?

Like for me, in profile, past collarbone looks like APL.

Back