APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ said:
I think that's a bit much considering that I've thanked every post you've put in here. But if that's what you want...I'm not one to stop you.

Thanking and answering are 2 different things. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Between that post and this man on the phone getting loud with me because I want to know if my mom has health coverage in his area, I am wired and fired up :lachen: That man was so loud, WTH. When the lady transfered me over, he didn't even say hello, he just got loud about something. I was just holding the phone looking at it :lachen: Lawd, he must be having a bad day too. God really has a sense of humor. I should have gone Madea on his ... but Imma need another cup of coffee for all that.

Okay. Well whatever the issue is, if I didn't make it any better then I apologize as the challenge creator. I have a lot on my plate right now and responding to every single comment in here is a bit much for me to do. Especially since when I'm not at my work comp, I have to do everything via phone.

Have a nice day ladies. I'm taking a step back from all this for a while.

NikkiQ don't go :(

You don't have to answer every post but maybe come and say hello once in a while. You and faithVA do such a great job. I always come back to my posts and see both your thanks and it makes me happy. I lurk everywhere else but I most post here.

Here is my default location. Random thoughts, questions and all.

TracieBLovely, like others said, if you post a random thought, you might not get replies to them but it is still fun here. We are all here to encourage each other on our HHJ especially for us ladies in the abyss between full SL and full APL. Come back. No more sulking :P

@NikkiQ don't go :(

You don't have to answer every post but maybe come and say hello once in a while. You and @faithVA do such a great job. I always come back to my posts and see both your thanks and it makes me happy. I lurk everywhere else but I most post here.

Here is my default location. Random thoughts, questions and all.

@TracieBLovely, like others said, if you post a random thought, you might not get replies to them but it is still fun here. We are all here to encourage each other on our HHJ especially for us ladies in the abyss between full SL and full APL. Come back. No more sulking :P

NikkiQ, isn't going anywhere Lurkee. Don't worry. She's just having a crazy Monday herself and needs a breather.

I swear it takes a whole lot not to let the first thought just come rolling out on the page :lol: Whew, I would have been banned looooong ago. Ok, yay, that's a tangent.

NikkiQ, holds it down. But I have to give it to all the ladies that post on the regular. You really make the thread pop and keep it alive. And those that don't post as often, we love y'all too because you add the change and new posts that keep the thread fresh. And sometimes we trade places between posting often and then only once in a while. It takes everyone to make it work. And with the number of pages I would say its working.

Ok, enough cornball soapbox for me.

oooh and sometimes I don't respond because I don't have my glasses on :look: I can see the words but I can't see the pictures sometimes. So lamaria211 and others, I am sure your hair is fabulous, but until I go put my reading glasses on I can't comment on your post :lol:

Between that post and this man on the phone getting loud with me because I want to know if my mom has health coverage in his area, I am wired and fired up :lachen: That man was so loud, WTH. When the lady transfered me over, he didn't even say hello, he just got loud about something. I was just holding the phone looking at it :lachen: Lawd, he must be having a bad day too. God really has a sense of humor. I should have gone Madea on his ... but Imma need another cup of coffee for all that.

bad day it is! i ate two different types of cheesecake and now my tummy is hurting so bad! i hope with all of his dang yellin, you got the info you needed. i need to lay down but my rugrats will be here soon. i wish they would come in and want to take a nap with mommy. i am going to pray about that!

NikkiQ, isn't going anywhere Lurkee. Don't worry. She's just having a crazy Monday herself and needs a breather.

I swear it takes a whole lot not to let the first thought just come rolling out on the page :lol: Whew, I would have been banned looooong ago. Ok, yay, that's a tangent.

NikkiQ, holds it down. But I have to give it to all the ladies that post on the regular. You really make the thread pop and keep it alive. And those that don't post as often, we love y'all too because you add the change and new posts that keep the thread fresh. And sometimes we trade places between posting often and then only once in a while. It takes everyone to make it work. And with the number of pages I would say its working.

i just got a new laptop! my ex hubby bought it for me for mother's day! bless his heart! i have a tablet and i hate posting on that thing. and my old netbook power cord was not staying in properly to charge my battery, so sometimes i would have to hold it in there. but every time she posted, i commented, so i don't feel bad. i am naturally a lurker/thanker.

shortdub78 said:
bad day it is! i ate two different types of cheesecake and now my tummy is hurting so bad! i hope with all of his dang yellin, you got the info you needed. i need to lay down but my rugrats will be here soon. i wish they would come in and want to take a nap with mommy. i am going to pray about that!

What kind of cheesecake? I just had strawberry cheesecake Saturday, boy it soothe my soul.

faithVA said:

You summed it up. We all have our high/low optempo when posting and replying back.

i just washed my hair with CON argan oil shampoo. this stuff is amazing! you could detangle your hair afterwards! i am dc'ing now. i am thinking about finding a shampoo and dc for fine hair when my hair fully recovers. the last set i liked was from Nioxin. i am not looking for volume though. i want something that will not allow my strands to mingling. they do that when they are weighed down with product.

No one ever responds or acknowledges anything I post in this challenge. I'm feeling a bit invisible. I don't even know why I bother to continually comment. In fact, remove me from this challenge if I was added. I'll find another challenge somewhere else.

So sorry that you feel that way. I only recently joined, and it's all so overwhelming for me. I will try to make a more conscious effort to acknowledge your posts in the future for whatever it's worth. I am new to the whole HHJ world, so I don't know how much help I can be. Please know that even if not everybody is commenting, you might be an inspiration to others...just as I'm sure that others inspire you...even the ones that you don't make a comment to. Stop tripping...we aren't letting you go anywhere. :naughty: Group hug! :bighug: :peace_sm::luv2:

Okay. Well whatever the issue is, if I didn't make it any better then I apologize as the challenge creator. I have a lot on my plate right now and responding to every single comment in here is a bit much for me to do. Especially since when I'm not at my work comp, I have to do everything via phone.

Have a nice day ladies. I'm taking a step back from all this for a while.

There YOU go. :realitycheck: I was counting on you to stick to your guns. I am sorry that Tracie feels the way she does, but IMO you haven't done anything wrong. You are doing a wonderful job, and even though you don't have an answer for each individual post, I feel well supported. Don't let one person's hurt feelings cause all of us to suffer. Please don't leave us hanging. :nono:

i have to remember that protein is not my friend. my hair feels a little different since i did a protein treatment last week. i am just going to give all of my protein products to my mother.

NaturalfienD said:
NikkiQ~ I was extra in that post, wasn't I? :grin: But girl, I am too serious about the blow out. My ends just felt weird to me- I was expecting to have supple hair/ends because I have been PSing so long and keeping my hair moisturized. When I was going through my hair, I had some breakage and stuff ... looked on the bathroom walls and saw pieces of my hair stuck from my blow drying it. It's all good though ... maybe I will consider blowing it out sometime later this year, like NYE ... :drunk:

coolsista-paris ~ I use the tension method as well, I learned the hard way that the comb attachments are just murder to my hair. I have never tried your approach though, I usually apply a heat protecting product to my hair (damp), do the tension method in sections (medium heat), and then pick/shape my hair when it is all done. Does the scurl gel make your hair revert a little? I am wondering if the moisture in the product would make my hair shrink. Nonetheless, it is definitely worth a try ... maybe I can give it a whirl during our very last reveal. Yeah Buddy :yep:

i forgot to mention that before blow drying i also put heat serum. anyway after s curl it doesnt really revert. it is less straight but actually the same length. i dont want it bone straight anyway.

this is how it turns out :(this is in january or feb.)

ForumRunner_20120514_234349.jpg

you can jump around the place to shake the hair qnd make it bigger if you want.

i forgot to mention that before blow drying i also put heat serum. anyway after s curl it doesnt really revert. it is less straight but actually the same length. i dont want it bone straight anyway.

this is how it turns out :(this is in january or feb.)

View attachment 149735

you can jump around the place to shake the hair qnd make it bigger if you want.

Girl, I am taking that regimen! Your hair was too dope ... okay, maybe I can give the blow out one more try. When it comes out well coolsista-paris, I will definitely let you know. Thank you boonop ;)

NikkiQ ~ girlfriend, take your breather but you best be back in a smoove 24 :look: ... I appreciate the effort that you and faithVA put in to thanking ALL of the posts-regardless if you comment or not. I am participating in two other challenges and no one hits the thanks button in those joints, so if it means anything ... momma's happy. :yep:
YEAH BUDDY!!

Hey boos! Just wanted to stop in & say I MISS YA'LL! I don't think I have even posted in the BSL challenge yet. Lol Feels like I'm cheating &, dare I say it, a tad bald in there. Haha! Okay...I'll mosey on outta here...but it's so great seeing the progress!
Smooches.

*me and u must neva part....*

Hi Ladieeeeeeees! I have returned from a GREAT WEEKEND with family! I need to jump back quite a few pages and catch up with everyone here!!!

To all the Amazing Moms here @ LHCF I hope you all enjoyed a Wonderful Mother's Day! :present:

oh i was suppose to do my coffee rinse. i will rinse my hair tomorrow. i don't feel like rinsing this conditioner out. i take the plastic cap off and finger detangled. now i have my scarf on. i will rinse and roller set tomorrow.

newnyer said:
Hey boos! Just wanted to stop in & say I MISS YA'LL! I don't think I have even posted in the BSL challenge yet. Lol Feels like I'm cheating &, dare I say it, a tad bald in there. Haha! Okay...I'll mosey on outta here...but it's so great seeing the progress!
Smooches.

*me and u must neva part....*

We dont take kindly to your kind round these parts cowboy.

Jk... I hope to be there this summer.

Last edited:
Finally some progress, more so on the left than the right :look:
Nice growth @SimJam! Is that your go to daily style in these pictures? or do you have other hair styles you wear to reach APL?

i've been wearing my hair in twists like these.
i find i'm less active on the boards when i'm in a long-term protective style.
otherwise, the temptation is too great to just take them out haha.

will flatiron tonight! :grin:
WOW! @esi.adokowa! How long did it take you to do this style? Plus what is curled at the end of your hair with the bobby pins?

::Checking In::

I am going to hang out with my home girl tomorrow evening and really considering wearing my hair blown out. :eyebrows2 She thinks that I should rock my u-part wig but I see myself everyday in this joint and I would like to have a different hairstyle since I am going out (the beauty of natural hair ... POW! :woot:) The only thing that has me second guessing myself is the amount of time it takes to blow my hair out (in the tune of 1.5 hours) and the fact that I have somewhere to be early Saturday and I KNOW my hair is going to be hella lopsided, looking something like a hot mess (the beauty of natural hair ... boom! :cry3:) I am hopeful that I am able to pin my hair up into a descent style for Saturday if I decide to blow it out on Friday ... please send me good hair vibes ladies. :love:
NaturalfienD we hope all of these good vibes worked on your hair this weekend :woot:

I just took a quick picture. It is messy but you get the idea.

P1030009.jpg
Very pretty bun Lurkee! This makes me think of banana clipping my hair with this one here from Sally Beauty. I still wear my roller setting out but lately I've been feeling like I need to go back to the 80's and clip all this hair up! :lol:

Eek! I think I'm just about there.
What do you ladies think?
Congratulations esi.adokowa!!!! I really like how your hair is not overly done with a flat iron. You can tell in the picture how your hair falls naturally and still has body at APL!

*insert sad face* I feel so far away!!!! My hair hadn't budged in months :(
View attachment 149445

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom
@NikkiQ and all the ladies no worries we'll reach APL this year! When we do we'll be whipping our hair :rocker: right to BSL!

Took weave down and will be making 3/4 wig next weave week these are final photos and than one from today on a twist out

Photo0113.jpg

Photo0107.jpg
Nice color @lexxi! These all look like your natural hair! How do you wear your hair under the weave?

In twists. I put a banana clip in today. Thinking about staying in twists until July 1st. With 1-2 out days a week. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF
LOL pookaloo83! I was just thinking of putting a banana clip to hold this hair! I like your style :yep:

Current hair length: Layered APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural
APL goal month: August
Current Reggie and styling choices:While out of Protective Style: Wash hair once a week. Pre-poo with oil and twist hair. Wash in twists. DC one week, protein treatment the next. Air dry in braids OR Blow dry with the tension method. Moisturize and seal as needed.

While in Protective Style: Wash once a week. Infusium 23 leave in and African Royale braids spray in the morning, GHE w/ sulfur oil at night. DC every 2 weeks.
Protective style of Choice: Box Braids, Twists w/extensions, Chunky Braids.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?: Consistent vitamins, Drinking more water, sulfur oil & (hopefully) Exercising
Post a beginning picture:
6s3o1h.jpg
23h9m6w.jpg

DanceOnTheSkylines it looks like you are past APL in the first picture! with a longer strand then just about APL with a shorter strand in the second one :spinning: I know how this is as the hair in my front is just past chin length too!

Are you aiming to have all your hair grow even to APL? I AM! :grin:

Back