APL 2012 Challenge

Thanks ladies! I'll probably wear it like this again tomorrow so I'll be sure to take a better picture to share. The family seemed to really like it too.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Gonna wash my twists tonight. Hoping it wont take too long to dry, don't wanna be going to sleep late.

NikkiQ said:
Not the best pic, but this was my style today. Inspired by a look Pook did a little while ago.

So pretty! That colour really suits you.

Ugh I think I've had another set back. Took my sew-in out and there was soooo much shed hair/breakage. I stretched my hair in the back on both sides and it's a lil shorter than the last check in which means some of my hair broke off. I think I'm gone leave the sew-ins and braids alone for awhile. I never had a problem with them before when I was relaxed but I guess until I learn how to take better care of my natural hair with them I need to hold off on them. I'm soo discouraged right now. I did a protein condition with ORS Replenshing Pak to help strenghten my hair back up some. Now I need to figure out a regimen to get it back healthy and recover from this. ::cry4::

Ugh I think I've had another set back. Took my sew-in out and there was soooo much shed hair/breakage. I stretched my hair in the back on both sides and it's a lil shorter than the last check in which means some of my hair broke off. I think I'm gone leave the sew-ins and braids alone for awhile. I never had a problem with them before when I was relaxed but I guess until I learn how to take better care of my natural hair with them I need to hold off on them. I'm soo discouraged right now. I did a protein condition with ORS Replenshing Pak to help strenghten my hair back up some. Now I need to figure out a regimen to get it back healthy and recover from this. ::cry4::

Sorry to hear about your setback :bighug:It'll get better soon.

My hair today. I spritzed my hair with water and then put some grapeseed oil in. then my banana clip.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1307979496.jpg
    image-1307979496.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 32
Picked up a jar of ORS Hair Mayo from WalGreen's today. I'm hoping a good protein treatment is the resolution to my breakage and ssk.

I did a light protein mask mixed with an egg white last week Sunday, then for the next 4-5 days I've been using C.O.N. Argan Oil Leave-in Con (the one that you shake before using) mixed with Amla Oil on my ends - the breakage I had last week is now a distant memory... I picked this up off the HL Challenge board.

^^That's right lamaria211! Stay positive. You'll be there soon. You look pretty darn close from that picture.

SN: I'm in a funk. I think I need to wash my hair. I have SO much on my mind. Feels like the world is on my shoulders. I hate this.

No one ever responds or acknowledges anything I post in this challenge. I'm feeling a bit invisible. I don't even know why I bother to continually comment. In fact, remove me from this challenge if I was added. I'll find another challenge somewhere else.

Last edited:
Lol girl you are kicks. Are you sure you don't want to blow it out ever??

NikkiQ~ I was extra in that post, wasn't I? :grin: But girl, I am too serious about the blow out. My ends just felt weird to me- I was expecting to have supple hair/ends because I have been PSing so long and keeping my hair moisturized. When I was going through my hair, I had some breakage and stuff ... looked on the bathroom walls and saw pieces of my hair stuck from my blow drying it. It's all good though ... maybe I will consider blowing it out sometime later this year, like NYE ... :drunk:

how did you blow dry? i also have 4b fine hair. uh so easy to break! when i blow dry use tension method. right after doing each section i add some s curl lite gel. then twists that section and tuck it or clip it. when everything is done stay with your twists (6 big ones or 8 was enough)for like an hour. my hair was soft and moosturized all day. try it out you never know it might work for you.

coolsista-paris ~ I use the tension method as well, I learned the hard way that the comb attachments are just murder to my hair. I have never tried your approach though, I usually apply a heat protecting product to my hair (damp), do the tension method in sections (medium heat), and then pick/shape my hair when it is all done. Does the scurl gel make your hair revert a little? I am wondering if the moisture in the product would make my hair shrink. Nonetheless, it is definitely worth a try ... maybe I can give it a whirl during our very last reveal. Yeah Buddy :yep:

TracieBLovely said:
No one ever responds or acknowledges anything I post in this challenge. I'm feeling a bit invisible. I don't even know why I bother to continually comment. In fact, remove me from this challenge if I was added. I'll find another challenge somewhere else.

I don't think anyone meant to slight you intentionally! Give us another chance? I feel like this is one of the most inclusive, active, and friendly challenges on LHCF.

But, part of being so active means that there are a lot of comments being posted every day. It can be hard to keep up!

TracieBLovely said:

Whoa. I've never even seen you post. But I don't check in as often as them other girls. TracieBLovely don't leave!!

esi.adokowa said:
But, part of being so active means that there are a lot of comments being posted every day. It can be hard to keep up!

I think this is what it is.

TracieBLovely ~ I am sorry that you are not feeling acknowledged- I will speak for myself that you're not being ignored intentionally. To be honest, I don't recall seeing your name show up often in this thread. I read all of the posts in here but I only have dialogue with few- not because the other posts/people are not important but because I do not have anything specific to comment on in relation to their post. If you are looking for more interaction, what I began doing is posing questions, asking for advice, etc. If your primary comments are what you have done or will do to your hair-that is presented in a very brief fashion then it might be difficult to get a conversation rolling with others. I am hopeful that you decide to stay involved in this thread and that you are able to build conversations from your posts but if you feel that your needs are not being met, then I am hopeful that you find the interactive thread that will suit your needs. I wish you the very best either way!! <3 :yep:

SN: I'm in a funk. I think I need to wash my hair. I have SO much on my mind. Feels like the world is on my shoulders. I hate this.

NikkiQ ~ I am sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed sweets!! I bet it has everything to do with this pending move, living in a different part of the world, etc. I am sending you peace and positive energy girlfriend- P.R. ain't got nothing on you boo. <3

NikkiQ ~ I am sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed sweets!! I bet it has everything to do with this pending move, living in a different part of the world, etc. I am sending you peace and positive energy girlfriend- P.R. ain't got nothing on you boo. <3

I think that's a bit much considering that I've thanked every post you've put in here. But if that's what you want...I'm not one to stop you.

TracieBLovely, girl I know how you feel. I used to feel that way. People would just look over my post. That's why I create my own challenges so people have to talk to me. (I am being serious).

But sorry you are feeling slighted. I had every intention of getting back to your post, but Monday's can be rough and still trying to my head on straight.

Maybe you are just having a bad Monday as well? If so, please hang around. Just think, lots of folk know you now :yep:

Back