APL 2012 Challenge

I really want to wash and DC my hair tomorrow, but it's Mother's Day and of course I'll be spending it with family. I see Monday as being my hair pampering day. Might stretch my hair out in a few twists and ATTEMPT to put in some mini twists.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

NaturalfienD said:
Ladies,
Arg! So I went ahead and did a blow-out on my hair last night- I went out with my home girl and I wanted my 'fro to be large & in charge. So girl, the style was cute for the night but the next day, I noticed that my 4B, fine hair was a little pissed because I disturbed the PS groove. The ends were soooo dry and I could tell that the much appreciated moisture my hair once had was zapped to hades by my Gold 'N' Hot blow dryer (I did use a heat protector, one thing that I did right.) Today, I had to baby my ends by misting my hair with water, applying some aloe vera gel, and sealing with oils. I twisted this junk up and now wearing my conditioning cap cause my hair MUST be moisturized ASAP. My hubs calls me foil head (lol!!!) when I wear it but I say stix and stones boo ...
Long and the short of it, I don't think I will blow out my hair EVER (dramatic much? Yes!) ... next time I want big hair, I will do a twist out and fork my hair out from there. Lesson learned, point goes to 'Sheba Baby' with her finicky self ;(

Lol girl you are kicks. Are you sure you don't want to blow it out ever??

Checking in. It's been awhile! I've been having some hair drama with a lot of dryness and breakage. I DC'd Tuesday night and put my hair in twists and have been wearing them all week. I'm taking them down tomorrow and will DC again and put another set in Monday. There's been so much going on my hair has taken a real back seat. Time's like these I usually just get a sew-in or put my hair in braids, but I'm not in Atlanta and there aren't many places to get my hair done around here so I'm going to make do with my own skills.

Taking out this sew-in that I've had in since the end of March, beginning of April. Gone do a pre-poo/detangle with some EVOO, EVCO & some Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat conditioner. Also gonna do a deep condition with the ORS Replenishing Pak. Was gone leave my sew-in in but decided to celebrate my Mother's Day au natural since it'll be my first one as a natural. I'll post pics of what my hair looks like after the wash and deep condition.

Picked up a jar of ORS Hair Mayo from WalGreen's today. I'm hoping a good protein treatment is the resolution to my breakage and ssk.

NaturalfienD said:
Ladies,
Arg! So I went ahead and did a blow-out on my hair last night- I went out with my home girl and I wanted my 'fro to be large & in charge. So girl, the style was cute for the night but the next day, I noticed that my 4B, fine hair was a little pissed because I disturbed the PS groove. The ends were soooo dry and I could tell that the much appreciated moisture my hair once had was zapped to hades by my Gold 'N' Hot blow dryer (I did use a heat protector, one thing that I did right.) Today, I had to baby my ends by misting my hair with water, applying some aloe vera gel, and sealing with oils. I twisted this junk up and now wearing my conditioning cap cause my hair MUST be moisturized ASAP. My hubs calls me foil head (lol!!!) when I wear it but I say stix and stones boo ...
Long and the short of it, I don't think I will blow out my hair EVER (dramatic much? Yes!) ... next time I want big hair, I will do a twist out and fork my hair out from there. Lesson learned, point goes to 'Sheba Baby' with her finicky self ;(

NaturalfienD said:
Ladies,

how did you blow dry? i also have 4b fine hair. uh so easy to break! when i blow dry use tension method. right after doing each section i add some s curl lite gel. then twists that section and tuck it or clip it. when everything is done stay with your twists (6 big ones or 8 was enough)for like an hour. my hair was soft and moosturized all day. try it out you never know it might work for you.

faithVA said:
I would cheer you ladies up NikkiQ and pookaloo83 and the rest of the "no movement" ladies, but I'm in that same group :sad:

But we are going to make it. We are going to look up one day and wonder Man, when did that happen? :yep:

faithVA NikkiQ pookaloo83 I am in the no movement group as well. I'm staying strong though. PSing 24/7! YUP.

hi again ladies !!!! its been long (i.had to renew my subscription that was over).

how is everyone doing? im in conrows under braids as.usual. i tried a shampoo this week.it kept my hair soft without me having to pre poo with oil. wow that is great. maybe cause it has no silicons ...no paraben and i didnt find any laureth sulfate whatever its called lol.
my hair was clean and soft. not stripped like others do.
+ it has a function against hard water.

garnier fructis :

View attachment 149541

In twists. I put a banana clip in today. Thinking about staying in twists until July 1st. With 1-2 out days a week. We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2589771553.jpg
    image-2589771553.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 36
pookaloo83 said:
In twists. I put a banana clip in today. Thinking about staying in twists until July 1st. With 1-2 out days a week. We'll see.

Pook I need you to give me your tips on getting your twists to hang serious hang time. My hair is a wee bit shorter than yours and once the twists are done...they shrink up like CRAZY!

Happy Mother's Day ladies!! Remember you are truly appreciated :love2:

Lol wow 13?? What all do you have? That's quite a stash

Um lets see I have
Macadamia natural oil nourishing leave in
Giovanni Brazilian Keratin&Argan oil leave in & styling elixir
Silk Elements megasilk leave in creme
Kinky Curly Knot today x2
As I Am leave in conditioner
Curls Curl creme brule
Kerastase Oleo-Relax Slim creme
Nairobi Soft finishing leave in
Salerm 21
Garnier Fructis sleek n shine intensly smooth leave in cream
Aveeno Nourish leave in treatment
Tresemme Split Remedy leave in
Herbal essence long term relationship leave in
Aphogee ProVitamin leave in
Giovanni direct leave in
Aphogee green tea &keratin restructurizer
Crece Pelo Natural Phitoterapeutic leave in
Bioluxe Miracle Leave in Serum
Cream of nature nourishing leave in conditioner
Silicon mix leave in

lamaria211 said:
Um lets see I have
Curls Curl creme brule
Salerm 21
Giovanni direct leave in
Silicon mix leave in

I'll take the Giovanni,KCKT,Garnier, and HE por favor. Gracias! Lol

Current hair length: Layered APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural
APL goal month: August
Current Reggie and styling choices:While out of Protective Style: Wash hair once a week. Pre-poo with oil and twist hair. Wash in twists. DC one week, protein treatment the next. Air dry in braids OR Blow dry with the tension method. Moisturize and seal as needed.

While in Protective Style: Wash once a week. Infusium 23 leave in and African Royale braids spray in the morning, GHE w/ sulfur oil at night. DC every 2 weeks.
Protective style of Choice: Box Braids, Twists w/extensions, Chunky Braids.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?: Consistent vitamins, Drinking more water, sulfur oil & (hopefully) Exercising
Post a beginning picture:
6s3o1h.jpg
23h9m6w.jpg

2nlwcg3.jpg

Had a lazy weekend, no wash day this weekend. I just put flexi rods in my week old straightened hair.

DanceOnTheSkylines said:
Current hair length: Layered APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Natural
APL goal month: August
Current Reggie and styling choices:While out of Protective Style: Wash hair once a week. Pre-poo with oil and twist hair. Wash in twists. DC one week, protein treatment the next. Air dry in braids OR Blow dry with the tension method. Moisturize and seal as needed.

While in Protective Style: Wash once a week. Infusium 23 leave in and African Royale braids spray in the morning, GHE w/ sulfur oil at night. DC every 2 weeks.
Protective style of Choice: Box Braids, Twists w/extensions, Chunky Braids.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?: Consistent vitamins, Drinking more water, sulfur oil & (hopefully) Exercising
Post a beginning picture:

Soooo....exactly why do you want to join the APL challenge when you're already there? Want to grow out your layers?

NikkiQ said:
Pook I need you to give me your tips on getting your twists to hang serious hang time. My hair is a wee bit shorter than yours and once the twists are done...they shrink up like CRAZY!

Happy Mother's Day ladies!! Remember you are truly appreciated :love2:

I do them on dry stretched out hair. Too much shrinkage when it's done wet. When I develop shrinkage like from humidity, I hold the twists taut then run a warm blow dryer up and down the twists. But I usually dont have to do that unless I washed in them.

Um lets see I have
Curls Curl creme brule
Salerm 21
Giovanni direct leave in
Silicon mix leave in

I need to come raid your stash lol.

pookaloo83 said:
I do them on dry stretched out hair. Too much shrinkage when it's done wet. When I develop shrinkage like from humidity, I hold the twists taut then run a warm blow dryer up and down the twists. But I usually dont have to do that unless I washed in them.

What products do you use to do them?

NikkiQ said:
What products do you use to do them?

I used qhemets burdock root cream this time. Other times it's their twist butter.

Back