APL 2012 Challenge

LadyRaider said:
Dang... I guess I've gained a 1/4 inch since March?

I won't EVER get to APL! WAAAAAAAAHHH!

Are you sure it's only 1/4 inch?? I want a recount!

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I don't know. I just expect more dramatic results. But I ran out of aphogee 2 minute a while back, so I don't know... maybe I needed protein treatments. But I also heard that natural hair shouldn't really need protein treatments.

LadyRaider said:
I don't know. I just expect more dramatic results. But I ran out of aphogee 2 minute a while back, so I don't know... maybe I needed protein treatments. But I also heard that natural hair shouldn't really need protein treatments.

I'm natural and my hair loves a good protein treatment every few weeks.

I'm stressing about wash day this week. I normally wash and DC Saturday morning, airdry most of the day, then twist, braid, whatever before I go to bed. But I have to be cute by 2:00 tomorrow, and that is right in the middle of my air dry. Any suggestions?

Dont go to bed! :lol: wake up at 5am?

TheNDofUO Not at all!!
Here it is!
tumblr_m3m1exmRAu1qdfbblo2_250.jpg

tumblr_m3m1exmRAu1qdfbblo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3m1exmRAu1qdfbblo3_250.jpg

You look so pretty! You're rocking the head band and heart ring also.

Well, I just finished taking out my braids this week and refreshed my color, did a pre apple vinegar rinse, and an organic orange blossom wash. It's a hand soap but I like the ingredients in it:
water
coconut oil
olive oil
natural vegetable glycerin
aloe leaf extract
vitamin E
and essential oils,

Afterwards, I did and liquid aloe spray on scalp, vitamin E on my ends and coconut concentrate oil with shea butter to seal. Next week i'll be in Senegalese twists. Can't wait.

Attachments

• 005- 6.11.2010.jpg
    005- 6.11.2010.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 35
  • hair closer look 9.23.2010.jpg
    hair closer look 9.23.2010.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1523.jpg
    100_1523.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1580_3.JPG
    100_1580_3.JPG
    491.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Did a light/medium dusting yesterday a.m. following my emergency protein treatment two days ago due to breakage. Finished dusting, did a M&S with my spritz and CON Argan Oil Leave-In. Have been participating in the GHE challenge also, so my hair is really nice and soft, well moisturized. Don't know if the breakage was due to over-baggying or simply lack of moisture but either way I feel good that I addressed it immediately.

So I only made it 8 weeks in these brides...need a touch up but my braider is away so I'm taking them own and getting more after my BDay next month.

Plan is to clarify, protein treatment, followed by a dc/steam with moisturizing con, 2strand twists updo. I'll post length check pics Monday.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies...let's enjoy our day & our kids.

gvin89 said:
So I only made it 8 weeks in these brides...need a touch up but my braider is away so I'm taking them own and getting more after my BDay next month.

Plan is to clarify, protein treatment, followed by a dc/steam with moisturizing con, 2strand twists updo. I'll post length check pics Monday.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies...let's enjoy our day & our kids.

Can't wait to see your pics Monday. Sounds like you got a good plan already laid out for your hair. You gonna be swangin them twists before you pin em up :lol:

Had a lovely hair day. Now its back in a bun. My next wash day is monday or tues. I think i will only use protein as needed.

NikkiQ said:
*insert sad face* I feel so far away!!!! My hair hadn't budged in months :(

I feel the same way. That's why my hair is in twists at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Took weave down and will be making 3/4 wig next weave week these are final photos and than one from today on a twist out .
Photo0117.jpg

Photo0116.jpg

Photo0114.jpg

Photo0113.jpg

Photo0107.jpg

Photo_00035.jpg

I would cheer you ladies up NikkiQ and pookaloo83 and the rest of the "no movement" ladies, but I'm in that same group :sad:

But we are going to make it. We are going to look up one day and wonder Man, when did that happen? :yep:

pookaloo83 said:
I feel the same way. That's why my hair is in twists at the moment.

I saw your twists Pook. I love em. I wish mine looked like that!

checking in. still got my cornrows in, rocking my wig. i got a new gift card for mothers day, im wondering if i should buy a new wig, or some new hair products from oyin, etc. hmmm decisions decisions

lexxi said:
Took weave down and will be making 3/4 wig next weave week these are final photos and than one from today on a twist out .

That looked like your hair!

I am a SAHM as well and I do everything while those kids are napping. So right now im Dc'ing, my 1 yr old is napping and my 4 yr old is watching Yo Gabba Gabba. I can do a lot when the 4 yr old is awake. The baby, not so much.

I wish, you gabby gabba and the fresh beat band keep my mini busy for a ill while but not long, if I'm lucky I can wash and deep condition while she's asleep

shampooed and deep conditioned today, about to air dry my hair in plaits.
i feel yall on this 'no movement' thing.
i'm convinced it's because i've been slacking with my sealing and dusting. :look:

I hate flakey females. My girl has been bugging me for over a month now about having girls night out. I did some fresh Celies so I can rock the natural hair tonight only for get *** to bail on me 2 hours before we're supposed to meet because it's drizzling outside. Ugh!!!

Rant over

Ladies,
Arg! So I went ahead and did a blow-out on my hair last night- I went out with my home girl and I wanted my 'fro to be large & in charge. So girl, the style was cute for the night but the next day, I noticed that my 4B, fine hair was a little pissed because I disturbed the PS groove. The ends were soooo dry and I could tell that the much appreciated moisture my hair once had was zapped to hades by my Gold 'N' Hot blow dryer (I did use a heat protector, one thing that I did right.) Today, I had to baby my ends by misting my hair with water, applying some aloe vera gel, and sealing with oils. I twisted this junk up and now wearing my conditioning cap cause my hair MUST be moisturized ASAP. My hubs calls me foil head (lol!!!) when I wear it but I say stix and stones boo ...
Long and the short of it, I don't think I will blow out my hair EVER (dramatic much? Yes!) ... next time I want big hair, I will do a twist out and fork my hair out from there. Lesson learned, point goes to 'Sheba Baby' with her finicky self ;(

Back