APL 2012 Challenge

esi.adokowa said:
Obviously I'll still be here for a while longer. I'm going to put in some extension braids tonight.
Maybe when I take those down, I'll claim apl :grin:

I can't wait to see what your hair looks like then!

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I tried but the dryer always wakes her up =\... And my hubby likes to spend time with us so nights a no go...she has a pack n play but she's so mobile and independent that she hasn't really used it since she was like 7 months...she was running at 9 mo so um no lol, she doesn't like to be confined to small spaces...this is really a sun up to sun down process that I'm over already

Eta I started around 12:30 this afternoon and it's 7 and in just sitting under the dryer =\

Sounds like u need to ask hubby to give you a few hours one day out of the week. Thats a fair compromise, since you are making an effort to look nice and u are saving money.

Eek! I think I'm just about there.
What do you ladies think?

esiadokowa Congrats!

Sitting here with my argan oil hot oil treatment on my hair and watching crochet braid tutorials. Couldn't find the type of braids I wanted yesterday :ohwell: so I'm going to experiment with straight crochet braids. Still deciding on the type of braid pattern I like best.

Hey ladies, I found an easy way to bun. No more ponytail holders for me. I just twist my hair around as though I am doing a bantu-knot and then I use a bobby pin to hold it down. It works so well and now I don't experience the breakage like I use to when taking the ponytail holder down. Yay :banana:

sounds good to me. I've been trying to find a better way to bun that would alleviate breakage.

Epic fail! My attempt at crochet braids with kanekalon hair was a disaster! The hair was far too silky and just slipped out ugh! Oh well I decided to give Naptural85's twistout technique a go and if it works I'll just do that but lesson learned. I'm stocking up on hair when I'm stateside this summer. The crappiest part is how much I've had to manipulate my hair...oh well I don't think I did any damage.

I must be going through a growth spurt because last week I thought I had half an inch left, but last night I could do the pull test on damp hair and it was at APL. :grin: I think it's probably due to increased exercise because I started back at a gym last week.

I think I've decided I will only call myself APL when I'm there with straightened hair. I want it to really look APL, and it doesn't do that when just pulled to the length. Once I get there I'll probably stay in the thread for the rest of the year and trim to even up the natural layering I have going on. Next year my focus will be BSL and MBL, I guess. :yep:

Last edited:
Omg ladies...how do you manage to get through your Reggie and get through your day???
I decided to try a hot oil treatment today which really isn't the problem... I am a sahm to a 17 month old, it's always a struggle to get through my Reggie and keep up with her...how do you ladies that have kids, go to work and/or school find time to dedicate 1-3 hours for hair care...I can't seem to make it work... I just did a hot oil treatment for 2hours when I only meant to do it for 20 mins... It always ends up like this to

I am a SAHM as well and I do everything while those kids are napping. So right now im Dc'ing, my 1 yr old is napping and my 4 yr old is watching Yo Gabba Gabba. I can do a lot when the 4 yr old is awake. The baby, not so much.

NikkiQ said:
I went ahead and updated the list with our latest APL graduate.

Congrats again to esi.adokowa :woot:

NikkiQ I am not on the list :(

How am I going to ever graduate if I am not registered. Poor me. I promise to take my exams and be a good student and everything. :(

TracieBLovely said:
I am a SAHM as well and I do everything while those kids are napping. So right now im Dc'ing, my 1 yr old is napping and my 4 yr old is watching Yo Gabba Gabba. I can do a lot when the 4 yr old is awake. The baby, not so much.

SAHM here as well! Thank goodness for nap time, its the only time I have to myself. Baby boy is taking his noon nap right now and I'm DCing, doing laundry, cleaning house & posting on LHCF while he's snoozing Lol! My more complicated hair tasks have to be done at night when there's no chance of him waking up. Of course that means less sleep for me but at least I look good :look:

You guys are lucky my 3yr old does not take naps hes up from 8am to 8pm tearing down the house:)
But I Finally made it to Ulta yaaay, I didnt go as crazy as I thought I would I guess I kept thimking about the 70+ unopened bottles I had at home:) my hubby was more excited than me he kept saying ooh baby I know you want this and I know you want that one (so cute) but anyway.i walked out with
Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
Macadamia Natural oil hair Mask
Organix Coconut Nourishing Treatment
& Suave Almond+Sheabutter conditioner

esi.adokowa :band2: :yahoo: :woot: We have another graduate woot woot.

That is the way I want to make APL, just hair hanging to APL. It will be interesting to find out how long my pull test is at that point. Very nice hair!

Im DCing now with MC, trying to use some of my old stuff up so I can open some new stuff. I cant have more than 4 or 5 products (conditioners) open at once:nono:

You guys are lucky my 3yr old does not take naps hes up from 8am to 8pm tearing down the house:)
But I Finally made it to Ulta yaaay, I didnt go as crazy as I thought I would I guess I kept thimking about the 70+ unopened bottles I had at home:) my hubby was more excited than me he kept saying ooh baby I know you want this and I know you want that one (so cute) but anyway.i walked out with
Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
Macadamia Natural oil hair Mask
Organix Coconut Nourishing Treatment
& Suave Almond+Sheabutter conditioner

What was hubs going crazy over? Maybe he wants to try it out himself lol

I'm stressing about wash day this week. I normally wash and DC Saturday morning, airdry most of the day, then twist, braid, whatever before I go to bed. But I have to be cute by 2:00 tomorrow, and that is right in the middle of my air dry. Any suggestions?

Angela4769, maybe you can wash and DC overnight tonight and style when you wake up tomorrow if you plan to use heat. Otherwise, wash, DC and then air dry tomorrow.

Hi y'all, I've missed a lot not being in this thread. Pull test, busy ladies and graduates...oh my! Just checking in:)

1 eoct,final exam type test + 1 AP us history test = STRESS!! which equals random pimples all over my body :( ... but got to get out of school early today and hung out with my boo :D now i'm home....thinking about a Co-wash with Aussie moist for the length of my hair and Mane-n-tail for my roots. then.... DC of Olive oil, random conditioners and honey under a heated cap for.... 2 hours. Rinse ...and probably going to do 6 bantu knots. ..JUST got the hang of those.... 3 weeks ago.

PLUS i was doing a quick length check I am shooting for an early graduation of June/July :grin:

Last edited:
Back