APL 2012 Challenge

I guess I can call em out around the next check in date. And if they don't respond, I'm taking em off the list. I already took someone off today. She posts in the BSL challenge and was amongst the first to sign up for this one and yet...nothing. She doesn't even have us listed in her list of challenges she's participating in. Okay boo boo. You're deleted :lol:

And your trying to make it seem like I'm the bodyguard around here :look:

I think you should call them out before the next check in date so we can see some more beautiful heads. And if they forgot, it gives them 2 months to get their act together.

I have been neglecting to update. I promise I'll do better from now on.

Current Status: Shorter than my starting point... Its hard to tell because I stopped rollersetting & started air drying. Last night I parted my hair into 4 sections and cut off all the see-through/ scraggly ends. I noticed that after a wash, the ends dried really fast and were so dry and bushy but the rest of the length was still wet. I just cut it all off. Surprisingly it came out relatively even although the left side is slightly thinner/ more damaged than the right side. I think its because I always part my hair to the right so the left side is always exposed to the elements and the right side is protected from all the hair on the left.

Current Game Plan:
-Wash 1x per week
-DC with every wash
-aphogee 2min w/ every wash
-Moisturize & Seal w/ hairveda whipped ends creme & vatika frosting 2x per day
-use HE LTR & keracare essential oils to M&S on days I don't need much moisturizing
-put my hair in a bun everyday & using a head band - silk or metal or plastic w/ no teeth. no cotton/ cloth ones
-Bee mine serum on scalp every other night

I am 6 weeks into my stretch. Ideally I'd love to relax the Second week in september to make it to 6 months. But idk if I'll last that long.

Goals
-thicker ends - by dusting regularly & babying my ends
-moisturized hair 24/7 - by M&S every night
-take vitamins 2x a day (biotin, hair/skin/ nails & fish oil)
-tie my hair up every night

Hey ladies, I just did a fresh wash and oh man, I think I used too much ACV this time. My hair is never left with a smell LOL I might need to re-rinse but I'm almost fully air-dried :(

Is there any ladies that are doing a reconstructor weekly? I mean 5-10 reconstructor treatment w/o heat and then rinsing? I feel like my hair is crying for a little more Protein.

Last edited:
Okay ladies, I have been actively perusing this thread several times a day. I have not been contributing much because (wait for it) I don't know how to upload pictures. :perplexed I have some before pictures that I can use to compare my then-now progress. Don't put me on blast. Just privately pm me to walk me thru getting the pictures from camera to here. :grin:

faithVA NikkiQ

Ladies I finally have my new Android phone with the LHCF app! As a long time fan of bberry I am still holding out yet until then the Android it is! :yep:

P.S. It's college graduation time for my younger cousin! I will try to chime in these next few days or very likely Sunday evening!

Sigh I missed the last check-in but my progress is not that impressive anyways .
NikkiQ and faithva definitely put me on the tag list for the next checkup I'm horrible about checking in.

Currently my hair is in small cornrows and I'm wigging it,I spritz 2x daily with shea moisture hair milk.

Okay ladies, I have been actively perusing this thread several times a day. I have not been contributing much because (wait for it) I don't know how to upload pictures. :perplexed I have some before pictures that I can use to compare my then-now progress. Don't put me on blast. Just privately pm me to walk me thru getting the pictures from camera to here. :grin:

@faithVA @NikkiQ

JazzyOleBabe, did you get the help you needed?

JazzyOleBabe said:

faithVA NikkiQ

JazzyOleBabe I posted instructions a few pages back on how to attach images :yep: not sure the exact page yet you can search this thread using keyword "windows 7" that should be a pretty unique search string to help find the instructions :yep:

I used Curlformers this past weekend and they are a hit! They straightened my hair better than a regular roller-set does. My only issue was the ends were a little bushy. The hair was perfect for bunning though. I'm definitely putting them into the hair styling rotation.

Thank you ladies.

@ livinthevida: I have found the instructions that you posted. I will try them this weekend because I know I will need to block off a large amount time to concentrate to do this.

faithVA and NikkiQ thanks so much for responding. Hope to show something soon.

*yawn* here still at work....hour 14 of 24 :perplexed: I forgot to dab coconut oil on my hair this am, and now it's feeling a little dry. Esp with all this A/C. So I will try to do it before I crash in my bed tomorrow at home.

I think my hair at the front is growing way faster than the back or rather I am retaining better. I can stretch it down to my bottom lip now. The back feels no diff. :ohwell:

I won't be updating this week as I will be busy being super girlfriend, but don't kick me out! My hair and I will be back next week and I plan on doing a mini LC as I will be two months from my goal.

Experience some breakage over the last 3 days. Half a dozen strands here, three or four there... realized I need a protein fix!

Did a quick WGO/EVOO pre-poo yesterday am. Washed with M&T Poo. Couldn't find my Aphogee 2-Step so I mixed the 2 Minute Keratin with an egg white, wrapped my hair in film and left for 30 minutes.

Rinsed the protein then mixed a conditioner of WGO, M&T Condish, Avocado/Coconut/EVOO Oil, wrapped in film for three hours. Moisturized with Cantu Shea Butter Moisturiser and left to airdry.

Bedtime I mixed Cantu Shea Leave-in Conditioner with Jojoba oil. Sealed with Coconut Oil and Shea Butter. Wrapped my ends in film, covered with a satin scarf.

I lost no hair during the washing process, which is great. Had a few more broken ones during the M&S, but only a couple.

I only did a similar protein treatment three weeks ago and had ZERO broken broken hairs between then and now... it might be that my hair gets on well with protein so I might do an egg treatment every two weeks to keep the breakage at bay.

JazzyOleBabe said:

faithVA NikkiQ

Can y'all "not so privately" walk her through it just in case some others (me) can benefit? Please and thanks.

bajandoc86 said:
*yawn* here still at work....hour 14 of 24 :perplexed: I forgot to dab coconut oil on my hair this am, and now it's feeling a little dry. Esp with all this A/C. So I will try to do it before I crash in my bed tomorrow at home.

I think my hair at the front is growing way faster than the back or rather I am retaining better. I can stretch it down to my bottom lip now. The back feels no diff. :ohwell:

You on 24 hr duty?

Angela4769 said:
Can y'all "not so privately" walk her through it just in case some others (me) can benefit? Please and thanks.

Still getting use to this Android app Angela4769 :lol: cant figure out searching!

I posted a quick how to earlier here's a message to JazzyOleBabe on how to find instructions in our thread:

livinthevida said:
JazzyOleBabe I posted instructions a few pages back on how to attach images :yep: not sure the exact page yet you can search this thread using keyword "windows 7" that should be a pretty unique search string to help find the instructions :yep:

I need to wash my hair but i need it to look nice and fresh for Saturday for work. I really wish i would have stuck to my schedule. Still experiencing shedding where i can just pull lightly on my hair and hair comes out. I will do a tea rinse too. Still haven't done that yet. I need some ors mayo for a protein treatment.

Wow!!! Look at all these people coming out the woodworks :lachen:

We want pictures ladies that claim they may be APL *looks at Esi* If you're in braids, take a pic of that NG! We just wanna see hair :lick:

I told the bestie that I need her to help me with my length check. I just wanted the back flat ironed but she's DYING to do it all.

That just shows how many folks are lurkers! :lol:
NikkiQ
Just let her do the back unless you wanna wear it straight. This weather is crazy and humid right now everywhere!
i would love for someone to shampoo my hair for me. I forgot mother's day is this weekend.

Back