APL 2012 Challenge

Kinda quiet today :look:

yes it is! i was feeling all cute yesterday and now i am walking around lookin like Madea, trying to clean up and stuff before the rugrats get home. i didn't moisturize this morning, just used a small amount of Mizani H2o night time treatment on my ends. i will moisturize tonight though.

So im def gonna get my braids done friday (of course ill post pics) so thurs im gonna do a HOT for 30min using my HC then wash with SM coconut hibiscus poo, aphogee 2min for about 5-10 mins rinse add Giovanni SAS 45min with HC then plait and let dry overnight. The morning of I plan to use Keracare blowdrying lotion to BD the wait for my braider

hay all, Im finally seeing some progress, I've controlled my breakage considerably and started taking country life maxihair and using hair trigger.

Im excited again about the possibility of APL this year :grin:

SimJam said:
hay all, Im finally seeing some progress, I've controlled my breakage considerably and started taking country life maxihair and using hair trigger.

i also take maxi hair

SimJam what worked in your reggie to help with the breakage? is it the new vitamins?

I'm ashamed to even post in here, i've been so lazyyyyyyyy! I washed on Sunday with no-sulfate shampoo and i haven't done a thing to my hair since! Terrible i know, i should be beaten. But its still in plaits, i keep saying i'm going to DC, baggy, moisturize, something, but all i feel like doing is sleeping. I'll get around to it eventually, i have to cause these plaits need to come down now.

Khaiya said:
I'm ashamed to even post in here, i've been so lazyyyyyyyy! I washed on Sunday with no-sulfate shampoo and i haven't done a thing to my hair since! Terrible i know, i should be beaten. But its still in plaits, i keep saying i'm going to DC, baggy, moisturize, something, but all i feel like doing is sleeping. I'll get around to it eventually, i have to cause these plaits need to come down now.

Yup... Gettin a whoopin! :spank:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Ive added exercise to my reggie I used to hate it only cause im like a 110lbs soaking wet:) but now I want a lil muscle I hope to be nicely toned up by june!

Last edited:
Dcing overnight. I have to figure out how to do a true length check without heat or help. Maybe I need to start doing yoga so I can reach.

My hair is about half an inch away from APL in the front, and about 2 inches away in the back. Such a difference! I started going to the gym again, so maybe that will encourage some faster growth.

I'm in love with my new low maintenance updo habit. Its been over a month and I now feel odd if its not up. Takes me about 5 minutes every morning to pick a hair accessory and style. I can tell that I'm retaining more length this way.

Our car was stolen, will update when I get more details :(

OMG so sorry to hear

@SimJam what worked in your reggie to help with the breakage? is it the new vitamins?

I changed up my products and regimen

1. Started back using terressentials for cleansing every other week (mixed with rhassoul clay)

2. changed twisting product (now use "no hold" products to twist - HV whipped gellee and shea moisture deep treatment mask or curling smoothie)

I was using ecostyler and I think even that was drying out my ends - My problem is very dry and bushy ends that knot up, then i end up popping them off :ohwell:

3. Changed PS styles - more "outs" and puffs. When my hair is in twists for more than a couple days my ends seem to get more tangly (which leads to breakage) so i only keep loose twists in for one or two days then wear a twistout / puffs for the rest of the week.

4. Mist ends with aloe vera juice every night, then re moisturize with Leave in - helps to keep the bushy ends in check

5. Make sure to sleep with my bonnet on

This is what I get after not detangling for 3 months:( give it to me straight girls how bad is it? It looks pretty bad to me "crying"

ForumRunner_20120503_144730.jpg

ForumRunner_20120503_144834.jpg

lamaria211 said:
This is what I get after not detangling for 3 months:( give it to me straight girls how bad is it? It looks pretty bad to me "crying"

That's good for 3 months . :yep:

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I don't think that is bad. Before using garlic I used to get that much shedding weekly in addition to tangles. You're doing great.

lamaria211 said:
I get called the.b word all day by my coworkers especially after they find out I have 3 kids!

:yep: :lol:

Someone came to my house and said may I speak to your mother? :look: I said I'm the home owner and a mother, wife, she said I'm sooo sorry! You look 12!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Back