APL 2012 Challenge

^^^i was rushing my daughter out of the car too! lol i might be putting my hair up soon though, it just got caught on my sweater!

Ok I have a few pics...I love the way the roller set came out... My iPhone is taking blurry pics though I will get my cam in a few... But here is one till then. I will not comb out curls till morning.

Attachments

• image-2651598232.jpg
    image-2651598232.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 49
mami2010 said:
Ok I have a few pics...I love the way the roller set came out... My iPhone is taking blurry pics though I will get my cam in a few... But here is one till then. I will not comb out curls till morning.

Not blurry at all! Pretty! I think it may be blurry because you have the camera flipped so you can view what you're taking. Take the pic the regular way mami2010

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I'll be in the middle of packing and moving to Puerto Rico for our next length check so I don't think I'll be able to do it then :cry2:

I'm so proud of all you ladies for makings such great progress and it's only April!! Good job! :grouphug:

With the subject fast approaching, does anyone plan on tweaking their reggies any? More cowashing? Stretching your relaxers longer? Less heat?

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

NikkiQ
That is a great question ... I am going to continue to co-wash at least two to three times per week (something I just started in April) to see how my scalp likes it long-term. I will wear my metallic cap about three or four times per week, during my workout so I can steam my hair. I have not used heat since mid-March and I don't foresee having to use it anytime soon. I will keep wigging it up ongoing and I will make sure to oil my scalp/hair with the Love Potion #9 at least three times per week-I really like that stuff! Finally, I need to get better with removing the shed hairs from my hair at least once a week, one twist at a time so I don't have hell to pay on my wash day.

I think I may get my hair braided (with added hair) for a month at least. I just hate the idea of not being able to see my hair for so long but maybe thats a good thing. The day before I have them done should I dc with moisture or protein? And should I use any products in my hair prior to braiding?
lamaria211 what type of braids will you be putting in? :rocker:

Thanks all for your kind words. It took me over 2 months to read all of the posts. Yes, I read every single one. It was worth it! I love the camaraderie in this thread.

@livinthevida my DS told me I'll be APL when my hair reaches the 5 so that's why I said 2.5" Or maybe I should have said 2.5 lines instead. I don't know if the lines are an inch apart while wearing the shirt because I didn't measure them. Regardless, I think I'll place a band/belt underneath my armpits the next time I take a length shot to give a better idea of where APL is. I too am confident I'll reach APL by the end of this year. But, the true biggest challenge for me will be to stick with what works. I tend to sabotage my gains when I get bored with a routine.
So true @GoodNewsHairJunkie! After starting a real HHJ this January 2012 I finally know what works with my hair and scalp. It may sound a little boring to use only 1 daily product in my hair -Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) - but I'm sticking to what works :yep:

I think the only major changes I may do are how I dry and set my hair??? I am still thinking about getting a hair dryer to sit under this way I can workout in the morning, shower, set my hair, dry, and head out the door! :lol:

checking in.
Today was wash day, did an ACV rinse to clarify (i dont use shampoo)
did aphogee 2 min keratin, and am now DCing with Giovanna smooth as silk deeper moisture.
its so tempting not to pull my hair down to see if its grown an inch overnight :D lol
this is why i'll be putting my hair under wigs for the summer.
HHJ ladies!

Two things I notice about Youtube videos...

Why tell us to stay tuned?
You don't have commercials.

Why say this is my hair?
We know.

Checking in-

Fell off with my vitamins for 2 days but I'm back on it today. I measured my hair length from my crown area last night before my over night DC and I'm at 12in! :-) I'm probably going to straighten my hair tonight or tomorrow since I have a performance on Thursday and I ddnt straighten for all of April (which is very good for me since it's usually 1-2 times a month) I may post pics if there's anything worth showing lol. Finals have been killing me but I think it's actually benefiting my hair since I'm too busy to mess with it. I hope u all have a great week.

NaturalfienD said:
NikkiQ
That is a great question ... I am going to continue to co-wash at least two to three times per week (something I just started in April) to see how my scalp likes it long-term. I will wear my metallic cap about three or four times per week, during my workout so I can steam my hair. I have not used heat since mid-March and I don't foresee having to use it anytime soon. I will keep wigging it up ongoing and I will make sure to oil my scalp/hair with the Love Potion #9 at least three times per week-I really like that stuff! Finally, I need to get better with removing the shed hairs from my hair at least once a week, one twist at a time so I don't have hell to pay on my wash day.

I think I am going to do more protein treatment, my hair breaks too easily . I always do moisture treatment, I think my hair has too much moisture.

@jprayze you have great results in the new MN Challenge Thread! How long do you plan on using MN? will you continue to use throughout your entire healthy hair journey (HHJ) or just until you reach your hair length goal?

livinthevida Good Question! I just started on a whim like what do I have to lose? My ultimate hair length goal is WL so until I get there, I think I'll continue to use it...:yep:

Two things I notice about Youtube videos...

Why tell us to stay tuned?
You don't have commercials.

Why say this is my hair?
We know.

diadall
i wanna know where does all of their shedded hairs go? i mean they will be 30 weeks post relaxer, haven't combed.detangle their hair in a month, but will only have 5 shedded hairs in the comb!! i'm not buying it! :lol:

and they never have problems detangling, but will have a video months later, talking about a setback and how they had to do a major trim...

well it was fun wearing my hair down, but i will be moisturizing and putting my bun back in. i felt cute and girly for a day! but i will do my hair like this again for Friday. this will be my hair styling reggie every 4 days. i need to still be able to have fun with my hair.

@diadall
i wanna know where does all of their shedded hairs go? i mean they will be 30 weeks post relaxer, haven't combed.detangle their hair in a month, but will only have 5 shedded hairs in the comb!! i'm not buying it! :lol:

I always wondered that. I just figured my hair was crazy. I would spend half of the video trying to get the shed hair off my fingers. :nono: No matter how well I detangle, I have shed hair at every stage.

Went on a mission today at Forever21 to find some cute hair candy...and turned up with only 4 headbands. Granted they were only $1,but still. I was ready to go balls to the wall with hair accessories. I'm gonna need scarves and flowers and such living on an island. Gonna be twist out, braid out and wash n go central in that piece :lol:

Gonna take my sew in out in a couple weeks and wear my wig until I go back to the salon. Hopefully I notice some growth during take down.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hubby wants me to relax, hes hates my wigs he said he is not buying me hair no more cause I got my own lol. He is however very excited about me getting it braided:)

^^^^I love that your hubby is tellin you how he feels about your hair. He ain't buyin you no more wigs woman!! :lol:

Back