APL 2012 Challenge

coolsista-paris said:
ok after this ill stop posting lol :

PLEASE HELP ITCHY SCALP .this is crazy. its been itching 2-3days. i.shampood 6days ago...i just co washed today and the itching came back.

+ need to stop.breakage .

this hair is annoying.me.

I had this problem last week. I went to the store and bought some T-gel neutrogena shampoo medicated for itches and stuff and my scalp felt so much better. I think I may have a buildup problem even though I apply nothing to my scalp except my edges sometimes.

Checking in-decided to go ahead and straighten my hair when I realized I've not trimmed in over 4months! To my surprise my ends were in pretty good shape and only needed a Split-Ender dusting. Still hopeful that I'll see APL by my birthday.

When is your birthday? Your ends looks great! :lick:

Good morning ladies im getting ready to blowdry and get my hair in some braids for as long as I cam stand:)

I know I don't even have to say anything about posting pics...

so I'm just gonna ask what kind of braids are you getting? Micros? Medium sized individual? Some Poetic Justice down to your booty braids? lol

For most of my teen and adult life i've been between 92-95lbs:sekret: Boy did i hate it!! When i started working out last November, i put on some weight so i'm now a flat 100, i want so badly to be 125 but boy it looks so far away! Neway i'm hoping i get some baby weight.:rolleyes:

:grouphug::grouphug:Thank you ladies NikkiQ, lamaria211, Seamonster,SimJam, & livinthevida so much for you concern, really it means a lot to me. We found the car it was stolen by a teenage and the front is pretty mashed up but we're happy to have it back. It was truly a blessing because our insurance had not been paid for the last 3 weeks. We find out which teenage stolen car because the school had cameras (my husband works for CPS) and we are going to press charges and the teen will be charge as an adult. We came to this decision because the boy stole a teachers 600 dollar Iphone from her classroom the prior week, so we think he needs an intervention.The good news from all of this is that our insurance charge us for april when we just recently paid (after the fact) for coverage in May so we maybe covered for the accident...IDK? I'll you abreast with the details as they come. Thanx again for your support guys:bighug:

Last edited:
sajjy said:
:grouphug::grouphug:Thank you ladies NikkiQ, lamaria211, Seamonster,SimJam, & livinthevida so much for you concern, really it means a lot to me. We found the car it was stolen by a teenage and the front is pretty mashed up but we're happy to have it back. It was truly a blessing because our insurance had not been paid for the last 3 weeks. We find out which teenage stolen car because the school had cameras (my husband works for CPS) and we are going to press charges and the teen will be charge as an adult. We came to this decision because the boy stole a teachers 600 dollar Iphone from her classroom the prior week, so we think he needs an intervention.The good news from all of this is that our insurance charge us for april when we just recently paid (after the fact) for coverage in May so we maybe covered for the accident...IDK? I'll you abreast with the details as they come. Thanx again for your support guys:bighug:

wow. that teenage needs à lesson indeed . Im happy you got your car back.

my uncle parked his car ad usual getting home from work. but the next day =no car. up to know he never found it. that was over 6 months ago. he has young children and ended up buying another car. people are crazy.

any way read your ccontract very Well. maybe insurance will pay for the car repair .cross fingers .

gforceroy said:
I had this problem last week. I went to the store and bought some T-gel neutrogena shampoo medicated for itches and stuff and my scalp felt so much better. I think I may have a buildup problem even though I apply nothing to my scalp except my edges sometimes.

Im also starting to think maybe it is build up. but could that happen when i just washed?? i shampoo 1 à month and co wash between. should i clarify ( i dont know What clarifying is exactly nor with What and how to do it. though i wanna try )

OK, I'm new to this whole forum thing, so if this ends up in the wrong place, forgive me.

I'm also at the beginning of my HHJ. I just started maybe a month ago. I'm happy and excited to be among so many people who are excited about healthy hair.

~Current hair length--SL
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd -Relaxed
~APL goal month December
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Daily - moisturizing with S Curl moisturizer/seal with coconut oil
Weekly - wash with Trader Joe's Tingle Tea Tree Shampoo, DC (still looking for the right DCs to use...have tried Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol)
...haven't used any heat, plan on air-drying and braid outs, twist outs, bantu knot outs...not too comfortable with bunning yet, but look forward to it when I can make it cute

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? learn how to incorporate protein into my regimen, use more protective styling
~Post a beginning pictureI will post a beginning pic as soon as I figure out how to

Ladies I'm here to say you can do it! :strong:

Getting fit and staying fit are easy to do once you make it part of your lifestyle. WALK! JOG! KEEP YOUR BODY MOVING EVERYDAY!

Before you know it 1 week will past then 30 Days and you are quickly well on your way. This experience comes from someone like me who was 286lbs in October 2010 (my highest weight ever!). When my Sissy passed away that Summer I woke up real fast. I am now 62 lbs down and on my way to lose another 30 by July this will bring me finally under 200lbs which I have not been since Junior year of Undergrad :spinning: I think once I reach under 200 I will finally be brave enough to post pictures!

With my demanding work schedule I am out by 7:00 a.m. most days and home by 6:00 p.m. so keeping with a consistent schedule works really well for me :yep:
I weigh 228 pounds and every day I say that I'm going to start doing something about it. In my mind, I am slim and sexy, but when I pick those jeans up, reality sets in. Thank you for motivating me. I'm really going to start....tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to try couch to 5K. Even though I'm big and disgusted with my size, I am going to post pics because I want yall to be proud of me and my progress in December. I'll be slim and APL...what!!

Angela4769 said:
I weigh 228 pounds and every day I say that I'm going to start doing something about it. In my mind, I am slim and sexy, but when I pick those jeans up, reality sets in. Thank you for motivating me. I'm really going to start....tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to try couch to 5K. Even though I'm big and disgusted with my size, I am going to post pics because I want yall to be proud of me and my progress in December. I'll be slim and APL...what!!

I think everyone should be in love with themselves. I applaud you for taking the steps to make that happen, and vow to encourage you as often as possible.

ok after this ill stop posting lol :

PLEASE HELP ITCHY SCALP .this is crazy. its been itching 2-3days. i.shampood 6days ago...i just co washed today and the itching came back.

+ need to stop.breakage .

this hair is annoying.me.
coolsista-paris what's causing the itching to appear? is your shampoo new? have you tried anything else new in the past few days? do you think your scalp might be dry?

Let's see if we can figure out what happened to help stop the itching :yep:

I've been MIA and am just checking back in. I didn't stick to my plan :nono:

But thank you very much for being excited about it! :yup:

Ive been sick (:whyme:) and busy and needed a break from it all for a minute.
I did another set of similar twist recently and am confident that I can manage to get 2-3 day hair from this style, so I'm excited.

Bought a few deep conditioners today with plans to flat iron my hair tomorrow! Very excited about that!

Off to read the updates...
:hiya2: @blcbuty@! Thanks for checking in! I hope you feel better soon :)

OK, I'm new to this whole forum thing, so if this ends up in the wrong place, forgive me.

I'm also at the beginning of my HHJ. I just started maybe a month ago. I'm happy and excited to be among so many people who are excited about healthy hair.

~Current hair length--SL
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd -Relaxed
~APL goal month December
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Daily - moisturizing with S Curl moisturizer/seal with coconut oil
Weekly - wash with Trader Joe's Tingle Tea Tree Shampoo, DC (still looking for the right DCs to use...have tried Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol)
...haven't used any heat, plan on air-drying and braid outs, twist outs, bantu knot outs...not too comfortable with bunning yet, but look forward to it when I can make it cute

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? learn how to incorporate protein into my regimen, use more protective styling
~Post a beginning pictureI will post a beginning pic as soon as I figure out how to
Welcome @Angela4769! The ladies here are AWEEEEESOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEE!

I started my HHJ this January 2012 and have kept with one product - Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) - and so far so good! I am sure the ladies are getting near tired of hearing me talk aaaaaaaaallll the time about OCO by now :lol: yet you will find we all have a great sense of humor and are very supportive of eachother!

Angela4769 Congratulations on your new HHJ and setting a new goal to be a healthier weight this year of 2012! YOU GO GURL :grin: that's the spirit! We would be proud of you either way!

If you or any of the ladies here need support in your HHJ or weight loss journey consider me all in :yep: I am happy to help offer ideas, support, and TONS OF MOTIVATION to keep our bodies moving and hair growing!

Welcome @Mjon912!

I have Windows 7 at home yet I believe the steps should be the same in any Web Browser (I use Firefox 11 and Internet Explorer 9). Here are a few instructions:

1. Click New Reply (see bottom right of page)
  2. Scroll down a little further (see Additional Options)
  3. Select Manage Attachments (under Attach Files)
  4. Select Browse to upload pictures from your Computer
  5. Browse your computer for picture(s) to post
  6. Select Open after selecting picture(s)
  7. Select Upload (picture now appears under Current Attachments)
  8. You can remove the picture by selecting Remove or keep the picture by closing the window (Select Close this window or press the red x)
  9. Enter comments and select Submit Reply
I hope this helps :)

imag1307-jpg.html

imag1307-jpg.html
[/url]
It didn't work :wallbash: I quit...but I trimmed my ends last night

Last edited:
imag1307-jpg.html

imag1307-jpg.html
[/url]
It didn't work :wallbash: I quit...but I trimmed my ends last night
No worries Mjon912 we should be able to figure this out :yep: I'd like to help if I can!

What operating system is installed on your computer? (Mac, Windows, Ubuntu) plus what browser do you use? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)

If you want to bypass your computer you can upload to LHCF right from your phone :yep: There's an LHCF for apple phones here and an LHCF app for android phones in the Android Market or here too!

shortdub78 said:
i felt like Rapunzel a few days ago and since looking at Yt videos i feel like i got a bald fade! :lol:

Youtube always makes me feel like crap:( so I go to the sl challenge for a quick pickmeup!

Back