APL 2012 Challenge

livinthevida shortdub78 Thank you, girls! :grin:

diadall How you gon' consider relaxing when all your hair needs is some good lovin'-- I mean, deep conditioner? :lol: An easy way for me to dc is overnight. Then, when you take your shower in the morning, just rinse it on out. :yep:

pookaloo83 said:
Had celies in for 3 days. Been wearing a beanie for 3 days skrait!

Super cute style on you Pook! I wish I could rock beanies to work. I would wear one every day :lol:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

-PYT I almost always have my hair in celie braids. Sometimes I do twists. Yesterday, I decided to be fancy and try my hand at flat twists and it was a mess. :lol:

I try to leave it alone, so I only manipulate it on wash day and that's when I moisturize and braid it up. Since I can't moisturize properly in braids, I baggy every night to keep the moisture up. :)

I got my vitamins in the mail! I got The GNC ultra nourish-hair ones....They are big though :ohwell:. My plan is to take one at night and one pill in the morning (with my vitamin D3).

i can't wait for my hair to finish drying, so i can flat iron. i am so excited about that! :lol: i haven't worn my hair styled in awhile. i hope it turns out cute. if not, i will be in my little funky bun.

I got my Hairlista progress shirt and Caribbean Hair Grow vitamins! :yay: For my painful joints, I recently started MSM and a vitamin called JarroSil, which boosts the effects of MSM. It doesn't hurt that JarroSil claims to also grow hair and nails. :grin:

As ya'll can see, my hair is right at 5, when I hit 7, I'll be full APL. I'll be updating with a second picture after this first bottle of Caribben Hair Grow is gone. Hopefully I'll be at 6. #wishfulthinking :drunk:

402344459.jpg

You hair has really grown and fast too. Way to Go!

Shampoo'ed with biolage delicate care. Now I'm sitting under dryer with beigen bluest black rinse on my head. I will be doing a moisturizing dc after I rinse out the dye.

I think I may get my hair braided (with added hair) for a month at least. I just hate the idea of not being able to see my hair for so long but maybe thats a good thing. The day before I have them done should I dc with moisture or protein? And should I use any products in my hair prior to braiding?

I think I may get my hair braided (with added hair) for a month at least. I just hate the idea of not being able to see my hair for so long but maybe thats a good thing. The day before I have them done should I dc with moisture or protein? And should I use any products in my hair prior to braiding?

I would do an Aphogee 2min followed by a moisturizing DC. If you plan on keeping your hair/braids moisturized then a good balance would be a medium/mild protein treatment.

@livinthevida great growth, your hair is so thick, it totally all grew back in 90 days!
@sajjy love the hairstyles, and your cat is so cute
@Trixie58 Girl, your ends look thick right now, Beautiful APL! Congratulations! :dance7::Copy of 2cool: :happydance:

THANK YOU I definitely appreciate the encouragement. I have my Mom measure my progress to APL, and she's been saying "3 inches left" for 6 months haha. A least someone sees my progress, it keeps me going! I was telling faithVA I thought my hair was growing inward! You guys are amazing.

Prolly dusting this wkd just to keep it healthy, will keep you all posted.

great hair day today! my curls came out so soft and it looks like i have some hair! :lol: made me put on some makeup! :lol: i flat ironed my roots a little bit too.

Yay, for wash day! :meme:

I'm going to have to find a good hair style that exposes my scalp because all these hair on head keeps in the heat and I know this summer is going to be burning! Maybe get some plaits, something easy to care while swimming on a daily basis.

Well I rinsed out the dye then dc. Now sitting under dryer with rollers on my head... I hope it comes out cute... I used small green and blue rollers so I can get some tight curls. I will post pics later of the results, but I have a few pics of the roller set. All these small rollers nay take all day to dry.

Attachments

• image-2732658295.jpg
    image-2732658295.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image-1889792381.jpg
    image-1889792381.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image-2228585016.jpg
    image-2228585016.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 14

Welcome @GoodNewsHairJunkie! looking at the first picture are you 1 inch or 2 inches from APL? I think you are pretty close and will make APL this year!

@GoodNewsHairJunkie
Welcome! your reggie is on point! lol

Thanks all for your kind words. It took me over 2 months to read all of the posts. Yes, I read every single one. It was worth it! I love the camaraderie in this thread.

livinthevida my DS told me I'll be APL when my hair reaches the 5 so that's why I said 2.5" Or maybe I should have said 2.5 lines instead. I don't know if the lines are an inch apart while wearing the shirt because I didn't measure them. Regardless, I think I'll place a band/belt underneath my armpits the next time I take a length shot to give a better idea of where APL is. I too am confident I'll reach APL by the end of this year. But, the true biggest challenge for me will be to stick with what works. I tend to sabotage my gains when I get bored with a routine.

Well I rinsed out the dye then dc. Now sitting under dryer with rollers on my head... I hope it comes out cute... I used small green and blue rollers so I can get some tight curls. I will post pics later of the results, but I have a few pics of the roller set. All these small rollers nay take all day to dry.

mami2010 I hope your hair comes out the way you expect it too. :yep:

Another beanie today! It's been raining here and every time it does I wear my beanie. Can't deal with my hair shrinking. Its been day 4.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

@GoodNewsHairJunkie
thank you! it started to rain, so i hurried back home! :lol: i didn't have no scarf or nothing! Lawd, i just got my hair done! Ain't nobody got time for that! :lol:

shortdub78 :blush: so sorry, been there too many times to count. I hope you were able to save it. My timing has been so "great" I started to think my hair had special rain making powers. The only way to activate it most awesome powerness was to flat iron it. :lol:

Back