APL 2012 Challenge

@Fyne cute bun! I have to start bunning again...

Thanks hun! I'm on a detox/retox with buns; I hardcore bun for a few weeks get bored then look for other styles, but for fear of breakage during the SL/APL hill im in bun/protective style bootcamp. I can play with my hair in the summer :lachen:

i wanna do a roller wrap tomorrow or just air dry and use the curling iron. the only thing with the roller wrap is it is hard combing my hair out after i take the rollers out. not hard like crunchy, but just difficult without causing breakage. so i might just take the easy route.

tiffers said:
Ooooh, this would be good for GHE/baggying! I'm gonna see if there are any on Amazon...

ive never slept with this one.i baggy sleep with the normal transparent ones. but i bet this can.work cause ive already tried the plastic thickness colored shower cap and it made my head sweat. that was hardcore overnight baggying even.this is the one :

ForumRunner_20120427_002328.jpg

girls wasnt i sexy for bed !! lol

Just washed my hair and dc'd with ORS Replenishing pak. My hair is the softest it's ever been. I haven't used it since I was relaxed.

Then I bought this:

l_oreal-eversleek-humidity-defying-leave-in-creme.jpg

I just put it on my hair then put my flexirods in to stretch my hair. The usual.

i am getting annoyed with my hair. it is fine so its so easy too break. Im pissed too cause i dusted today but cut lots of 1 twist.... à BACK ONE ! grrrrr stupid me !

P.S I picked up my steamer yesterday, im in love with the thing! Hair is super duper soft with all this moisture I wonder if I have to up my protein :perplexed

Can you tell me where you purchased your steamer and the type? I'm still researching...

Laawwd ..my hair feels all mushy and gross.... Moisture over load. Does anyone have a quick fix for this... or should i just wait until tomorrow for a full protein treatment?

Laawwd ..my hair feels all mushy and gross.... Moisture over load. Does anyone have a quick fix for this... or should i just wait until tomorrow for a full protein treatment?

ManiiSweetheart
Can you please tell me what you did to get moisture overload? I've heard of it but never experienced it & since my hair is very dry I just wonder if products that lead others to over moisturized hair would lead me to have regular moisturized hair. TIA...

@ManiiSweetheart
Can you please tell me what you did to get moisture overload? I've heard of it but never experienced it & since my hair is very dry I just wonder if products that lead others to over moisturized hair would lead me to have regular moisturized hair. TIA...

Moisture overload for my hair sounds like a complete impossibility :lol:

I could probably soak my hair in avocado for 30 days straight and would still not have a problem.

nakialovesshoes said:
ManiiSweetheart

Well I usually a co wash once or twice a week ...scrubbing my roots with a protein condish and detangling with a moisture one but... I ran out of the protein condish so it's been all moisture for a good 2 or 3 weeks .... My hair loves protein too.

I just use Aussie moist for condish, garnier fructis leavin and seal with an oil
And mane n tail for protein

Gonna wash and DC my twists overnight with ao gpb. I'll let them shrink up and then stretch later this weekend. Been meaning to dust my ends...I'll do it later.

I fell in love today! Lush Cosmetics Caca Noir henna bars are amazing! Left my hair so soft and shiny. I don't know why but it left my scalp feeling so refreshed too.The best part is how easy it was to mix and apply plus NO STAINING.:yay: I put in 6 braids for the next two weeks and plan on repeating the whole process again.

pookaloo83 said:
Just washed my hair and dc'd with ORS Replenishing pak. My hair is the softest it's ever been. I haven't used it since I was relaxed.

Then I bought this:

I just put it on my hair then put my flexirods in to stretch my hair. The usual.

Do you like the leave in cream and how is it? Looks interesting

The Princess said:
Do you like the leave in cream and how is it? Looks interesting

It smells great! So far do good! It's humid this morning and my hair is still defined. And I sat in a steamy bathroom with my patient and it would usually puff up and it didn't. Also my hair is soft.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

-PYT said:
Gonna wash and DC my twists overnight with ao gpb. I'll let them shrink up and then stretch later this weekend. Been meaning to dust my ends...I'll do it later.

Didn't you just get a trim -PYT

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I fell in love today! Lush Cosmetics Caca Noir henna bars are amazing! Left my hair so soft and shiny. I don't know why but it left my scalp feeling so refreshed too.The best part is how easy it was to mix and apply plus NO STAINING.:yay: I put in 6 braids for the next two weeks and plan on repeating the whole process again.
@longhairdreaming what is the Lush Cosmetics Caca Noir henna bar, are these similar to using the henna mixes I see on YouTube? how often will you use these too?

Ladies 1 more day!!! and I post my 90 Day Before and After results of how my thinning hair has improved!!! I am impressed with the 60 Day results posted on March 28 and am sure to be just as happy with 90 Day results!!! :grin:

Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) is AMMMUUUAAAAHZZZIIIIIIINGGG! What has worked best for me is how little I have used since January 2012. I only slather on my deep conditioning on Sundays yet with OCO I apply very little from ear to ends each evening. I will also post a look inside my jar of how much is left. I think there is still half a jar in there!

Ladies in case anyone missed it here is the link where I purchased on Amazon there are HUNDREDS of reviews with high ratings. It works! :yep:

Attachments

• NaturesWayOrganicCoconutOil.jpg
    NaturesWayOrganicCoconutOil.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 14
i'm not doing anything to my hair tonight, staying in. but i will be washing and dc'ing tomorrow. still working on a plan to handle my new growth when it starts to come in. i'm back to taking my vits and drinking plenty of water. i wanna know who uses heat and has no problems. i would just use the flat iron, not the blow dryer. i would like to alternate. use the rollers one wash, second wash, dry under the dryer and use the flat iron.

I have had my cornrows in for a little over a week, and I want to redue them. So much of my hair has come out, I don't think anyone knows I still have cornrows, lol.

I could have sworn I joined this challenge :( I even have it in my siggy LOL well I wanted to share a pic I took today cause I am excited I am close to APL :)

apl.jpg

I need a heck of a moisturizer that leaves hair with full shine and health. I took my braids out at 5 weeks. I have a to do head shots for an organization now that I am the incoming president and I didn't want braids.

Anyway, I wore my hair down yesterday...cotton ball. I rolled it last night and took them out and finger styled. Walked from the garage to the office...cotton ball.

Now I am going to just wear my hair in a bun or something has to give. People are looking at me like I am cray cray with this...cotton ball.

@longhairdreaming what is the Lush Cosmetics Caca Noir henna bar, are these similar to using the henna mixes I see on YouTube? how often will you use these too?

livinthevida It's pre-mixed henna including other ingredients. Here is the information from the Lush site http://www.lushusa.com/Caca-Noir-Mama/00683,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid=henna-hair-dyes I usually use my henna that I have to mix every other week and I'll keep the same schedule with the Lush henna.

Back