APL 2012 Challenge

I was taking down my twists and off course I had to do a quick length check. Tell me why I pulled my hair to within an inch of APL in the front. I was like :shocked:! I am lucky if I maintain a quarter inch in a month. This month I got at least a half inch! <--- This is exciting for a slow grower.

This month I have been eating better, exercising, and taking my one-a-day vitamins. My hair has been in braids and twists pinned in a bun.

Today I realized that I am going to make it to APL this year. It's one thing to set a goal, but it's another to look at your hair and know that you are going to reach it. HHG ladies.

It's one thing to set a goal, but it's another to look at your hair and know that you are going to reach it. HHG ladies.
amen to that
today i shampooed with my castille soap/oil mix then rinsed with acv. did aphogee keratin 2 min, and am now dc'ing with SIlk elements mega moisture cond, ors replenshing pac, and avocado oil. (tryng to use up products)

I need to make it a point to stop length checking my hair every. single. day. it makes me get discouraged and seem like its not growing. you know what they say, a watched pot never boils

Wonder if my hair is growing or if my arm is just getting more flexible....guess i'll find out in a few days when i do a length check for the BSL challenge.

Khaiya said:
Wonder if my hair is growing or if my arm is just getting more flexible....guess i'll find out in a few days when i do a length check for the BSL challenge.

Hahaha I was starting to think the same exact thing.. But it has to be growth right? ...I'll find out right along with u in that bsl update lol

So I finally got my hair straightened and trimmed. I'm probably not APL by LHCF standards but my bottom layer is touching so I'm going to go ahead and celebrate:lol::drunk: I wasn't really feeling my hair, it was really straight and felt kinda weighed down, probably the conditioner that was used was too heavy (I have fine strands).

I retained just under 6 inches in the back b/t the first two pics. And this past year, just under 4. I was still transitioning in the first pic, my back layers were natural but still relaxer left in the top. Im natural in all the other pics

more pics in second post

1st three pics- April 2010, April 2011, April 2012
Last two pics-April 2012-Curls leaving the salon and side pic

Attachments

• apr2010.jpg
    apr2010.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Apr2011.jpg
    Apr2011.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 69
  • apr2012.jpg
    apr2012.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 86
  • curls.jpg
    curls.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 75
  • side 1.jpg
    side 1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
1st two pics Sept 2010 Ponytail vs. April 2012 Ponytail

2nd two pics Natural texture (damp fro) and max shrinkage (just the back shrinks that tight)--I wanted to show my natural texture bc people always see my hair straightened and think I'm either relaxed or have a looser texture. I am 4b.

Last pic-stretched in twists before going to the salon

Attachments

• sept2010pony.jpg
    sept2010pony.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 52
  • pony4-2012.jpg
    pony4-2012.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 63
  • dampfro.jpg
    dampfro.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 58
  • shrinkage.jpg
    shrinkage.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 57
  • stretchedpony.jpg
    stretchedpony.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
@NaturalfienD what is the metallic conditioning cap?

Girlfriend, lemme tell you .... I was in the BSS and looking for a regular shower cap when I saw a silver one and a gold one. The material was heavier than a regular shower cap and I saw that the benefit was keeping natural body heat present for added moisture to hair. I purchased it for about $2.00 but the picture that I have included is more expensive. :perplexed View attachment 146797 <~ I hope it posts. (Random: I would have gotten the gold one but it was a little more ... I am beginning to realize how cheap I really am.)

I really like the product and I truly notice more moisture on my hair/scalp compared to a regular shower cap. And with adding exercise to the mix while wearing it, I believe that I can really reap the benefits of GHing my hair. HTH and let me know if you happen to try it out yourself. :yep:

NaturalfienD I am going to give it a try this weekend! :drunk: I found this similar looking cap on Sally Beauty online its about the same price at $2.39 and my local Sally's said they have it in stock. I already use the Evolve Headband when wrapping and that was a good deal too! I think I might pick up at least 3 as I workout daily I am going to need to alternate between these caps :yep:

And there's nothing better than money spent on a deal that actually works! I count my dollars too when buying beauty supplies that's why I have so few :lol: I want to make sure I give it a chance to work before upgrading to something else!

my hair today
IMG_0615.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
So pretty in the sunshine sajjy! :yep: Are these 2 stand twists?

I was taking down my twists and off course I had to do a quick length check. Tell me why I pulled my hair to within an inch of APL in the front. I was like :shocked:! I am lucky if I maintain a quarter inch in a month. This month I got at least a half inch! <--- This is exciting for a slow grower.

This month I have been eating better, exercising, and taking my one-a-day vitamins. My hair has been in braids and twists pinned in a bun.

Today I realized that I am going to make it to APL this year. It's one thing to set a goal, but it's another to look at your hair and know that you are going to reach it. HHG ladies.
Congratulations @bludaydreamer! You will make it to APL this year! We ALL will too :)

I am with you on exercising it is the best thing I have EVER done for my body! LOVE IT!

So I finally got my hair straightened and trimmed. I'm probably not APL by LHCF standards but my bottom layer is touching so I'm going to go ahead and celebrate:lol::drunk: I wasn't really feeling my hair, it was really straight and felt kinda weighed down, probably the conditioner that was used was too heavy (I have fine strands).

I retained just under 6 inches in the back b/t the first two pics. And this past year, just under 4. I was still transitioning in the first pic, my back layers were natural but still relaxer left in the top. And natural in the last two pics.

more pics in second post

Congratulations Imani! :grin:

Imani said:

I retained just under 6 inches in the back b/t the first two pics. And this past year, just under 4. I was still transitioning in the first pic, my back layers were natural but still relaxer left in the top. And natural in the last two pics.

more pics in second post

Congrats!!! Beautiful hair btw

:thud: the hair in this joint today, bananas! I have been drooling over imani 's bob forever. Now I am in love with sajjy 's twist

Imani :urock::2cool: Your hair is that lush APL we are all striving for! Bet you make BSL this year.

Imani
very pretty! claim it girl!

need to finish rolling my hair. i got these big rollers in. oh i tried to see if i could handle protein....my hair was like, "no ma'm!" i quickly washed it out! :lol: my hair is fine though and no problems detangling. i really like that Suave Almond and Shea and that CON Argan Oil leave-in so far.

With finals fast approaching I've been sticking to my normal regimen and not doing anything extra, not sure when I'll do my next length check but so far all is well on the hair front-I think I might've even made it back to full APL in the back.

Well ladies I'm heading out of town in the morning for a few days. I'm sure you guys will hold it down in here. Let me know if there any graduates while I'm gone so I can kick em out...umm I mean put their graduation date next to their name on the list. Yeah that's it :look:

TruMe thank you but its not all mine, remember my Onyc purchase well here it is. The hair style will be my protective do for the summer.
livinthevida yep I just double strand twist my hair with my u-part wig
Seamonster thanx!
Imani Congragulations :wow:

Last edited:
by the way some of you spoke about this heat cap .i have the one on the pic i just bought last week. i used to use this years Before and forgot about how i liked it.it takes body heat Well.when Im lazy to sit under the dryer i use this cap and do my housecleaning.
its just like those aluminium covers rescuers put on people after accidents to keep your body warm.

i like the cap.

ForumRunner_20120425_105643.jpg

Imani said:
1st two pics Sept 2010 Ponytail vs. April 2012 Ponytail

2nd two pics Natural texture (damp fro) and max shrinkage (just the back shrinks that tight)--I wanted to show my natural texture bc people always see my hair straightened and think I'm either relaxed or have a looser texture. I am 4b.

Last pic-stretched in twists before going to the salon

Your pictures look great!! I am currently transitioning and only 21 weeks post. Your texture seems to be similar to mine so good to see what can come :-). How often do you get your hair straightened and how are you wearing your hair regularly? TIA

Imani said:

I retained just under 6 inches in the back b/t the first two pics. And this past year, just under 4. I was still transitioning in the first pic, my back layers were natural but still relaxer left in the top. Im natural in all the other pics

more pics in second post

Congrats on making APL! Hair looks lovely!!

roller set came out nice. i used the big rollers and it straightened my hair out, but still left some curl in. doesn't matter since i just pinned it up anyway.

Think i'm gonna try mixing color with henna to get my hair black, see if i can get permanent color that way, need to get me some henna to do it tho.

Back