APL 2012 Challenge

Okay i'm planning on dying my hair with a mix of Medium Intense Red & Dark Intense Red from the ion Color Brilliance line of dyes....Sadly requires Bleach. What do you guys recommend i do Before, During, and How should i maintain my hair after???
ManiiSweetheart are you super sure you want to go for something with bleach????? that just screams no way to me. Then again I have yet to bleach my hair!

What about a temporary color like manic panic colors ladies here have tried? I think the color creams last 4 -6 weeks then wash out

I washed, DC, and put twists in my hair yesterday and took them out this morning. I did it on dripping wet hair with some Oyin Shine and Define and Castor oil and it really was shining and defined lol. I really have hand in hair disease today.

I am jealous of women that can set at night and unravel in the morning. I am lucky if my hair dries in 24 hours. I am still deep conditioning and hope my hair is dry in the next day or so. Le sigh. The life of a low po girl

Okay i'm planning on dying my hair with a mix of Medium Intense Red & Dark Intense Red from the ion Color Brilliance line of dyes....Sadly requires Bleach. What do you guys recommend i do Before, During, and How should i maintain my hair after???

ManiiSweetheart I'm guessing that you're trying to go red. I'm a redhead right now and I didn't bleach my hair. I'm totally afraid of the damage that a double dying process like that would do to my poor hair. I used Silk Elements first to slightly lighten my hair and used Manic Panic in Wildfire a week later. Since it's a stain, it was totally safe on my hair. I loved the color, but like any red dye...it doesn't last. Red is the hardest color to try to maintain with just dye. Any and every thing strips the color. So if you're trying to go red and use bleach, I'd REALLY think it through b/c that is a serious commitment.

did nothing to my hair today, had a 24 hour flu :( so i just kept my hair GHE'd for the day. Tomorrow is my clarify/protein/DC day. I love wash days

Today:
Trader Joe's tea tree tingle with garlic powder 1 hour (amazing shedding reduction)
Shampoo lightly (diluted) trader Joe's nourish spa
Rinse out conditoner tresseme naturals with olive oil and grape seed oil
Deep condition AOHSR and oil blend ( jojoba, grape seed, almond oil, and castor oil) 5 hours
Rinse out conditioner goivonni 50/50
Leave in goivonni direct and darcy's shea butter cream
Castor oil for ends.

Sometimes this is fun, but today I was not in the mood. But I am hoping to make apl by July with full apl by the fall. So back under the wig I go.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120423_224045.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120423_224045.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I still have not washed the conditioner out of my hair :nono: um, I wore so type of french twist thingee to work today. It didn't look great but had to do something. Tonight I spritzed my hair with water and put on some of my castor oil blend. Have a flat twist across the front and one on each side. I can't be bothered. Wearing this to work tomorrow.

I'm going to unofficially join since I lurk this challenge pretty often... I'm still new to this forum so I'm not sure how to upload pics but hopefully I will be APL by July...HHG everyone =)

Actually my current length is in my avi...Apple Users how do yall upload pics cuz it won't let me attach the file and aside from my droid which is super slow the only products we use are apple

I'm not sure. I upload my pics to flickr and then get the code to share from there. I haven't figured out how to attach pics yet.

I just bought 2 bottles of GNC nourish hair vitamins online. I used to take hairfinity which worked well, I just got major breakouts :( so I stopped. I also bought a split ender which I am excited about and the some hair dye. I hope this supplement works as good as hairfinity for me and I will be grazing apl in no time....because my average growth a month is pretty slow.

NikkiQ said:
ManiiSweetheart I'm guessing that you're trying to go red. I'm a redhead right now and I didn't bleach my hair. I'm totally afraid of the damage that a double dying process like that would do to my poor hair. I used Silk Elements first to slightly lighten my hair and used Manic Panic in Wildfire a week later. Since it's a stain, it was totally safe on my hair. I loved the color, but like any red dye...it doesn't last. Red is the hardest color to try to maintain with just dye. Any and every thing strips the color. So if you're trying to go red and use bleach, I'd REALLY think it through b/c that is a serious commitment.

What's the name of the sill elements product that lightens ... I've bleached before but If I could not go through that again that would be great!!! I'll go exchange my bleach TODAY

livinthevida said:
ManiiSweetheart are you super sure you want to go for something with bleach????? that just screams no way to me. Then again I have yet to bleach my hair!

What about a temporary color like manic panic colors ladies here have tried? I think the color creams last 4 -6 weeks then wash out

I've looked at Maniac and it's too red for ROTC .... Sad.

ManiiSweetheart said:
What's the name of the sill elements product that lightens ... I've bleached before but If I could not go through that again that would be great!!! I'll go exchange my bleach TODAY

I used Jazzy Red actually and it faded to a light caramel color. There are some light brown colors as well that if you used it on your hair this week and hit it hard with moisture afterwards,it would lighten your hair without damage and just stain it with the Manic Panic later. Not all the MPs are super bright. I like bold hair so I went with one of their brightest reds. You can probably do Vampire red. This is how mine came out after the 2nd jar of Wildfire

View attachment 2012-04-15 19.50.13.jpg

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Beautiful color! Ur hair will thank you for the break from blow out heat and tension. I did the same when I was going to the dominican salon I rotated between roller set only and full blowouts.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you so much livinthevida! cherrynicole That's what I'm going to start doing from now on! I ended up flat ironing it very lightly when I went home and pin curling and it looked good. Thanks...my color is a product of Sun-In. http://www.amazon.com/Sun-In-Spray-In-Hair-Lightener-Original/dp/B00008PC1O

I'm one yr post bc. Its been an easy journey for me so far. My hair has been growing and retaining very well. I am 10 inches all around. So my hair has grown 5 inches this yr. I think I should be apl by our june update.

Congratulations on Nappiversaries ladies, I have put in my twists much smaller than normal so that I can wear them for the month of May as well, redoing a couple when needed. I will probably twist it up the whole summer, and September is my goal month, so we shall see! HHG!

I am jealous of women that can set at night and unravel in the morning. I am lucky if my hair dries in 24 hours. I am still deep conditioning and hope my hair is dry in the next day or so. Le sigh. The life of a low po girl

@Blairx0 how about drying your hair in sections by blotting gently with a small towel? or using a blow dryer on cool setting to speed up drying?

I roller set every evening yet have been looking into hooded driers and blow dryers to dry my hair a bit quickly with little to no heat as it takes 2-3 hours for my hair to air dry. Someday soon I'd like to be able to set, dry, wrap and go to bed or set, dry, and out the door! :yep:

:pulpdance:I am so happy with my hair today, just finished editing my haircut video and my hair has gotten so much thicker. I was shocked.

Fun video Seamonster! I just took a few minutes to watch it on YouTube! Ladies here is the link!

I need to be able to trim my hair by pulling it back into one ponytail. I still divide my hair into two parts then do a two strand twist on each and snip the ends!

I'm not sure. I upload my pics to flickr and then get the code to share from there. I haven't figured out how to attach pics yet.

skraprchik here's a few instructions I posted yesterday:

Welcome @Mjon912!

I have Windows 7 at home yet I believe the steps should be the same in any Web Browser (I use Firefox 11 and Internet Explorer 9). Here are a few instructions:

1. Click New Reply (see bottom right of page)
  2. Scroll down a little further (see Additional Options)
  3. Select Manage Attachments (under Attach Files)
  4. Select Browse to upload pictures from your Computer
  5. Browse your computer for picture(s) to post
  6. Select Open after selecting picture(s)
  7. Select Upload (picture now appears under Current Attachments)
  8. You can remove the picture by selecting Remove or keep the picture by closing the window (Select Close this window or press the red x)
  9. Enter comments and select Submit Reply
I hope this helps :)

Been goin hard on my reggie lately :yep:. Sulfur treatments 3 times a week, moisturize n seal 2x daily, did my hard protein treatment for the month, have been in a bun everyday, and have not missed a vitamin in a couple weeks :drunk: also made the bf take a pic yesterday after my shower, idc what no1 says we both agree I'm grazing:grin: .. hope everyone else is having an awesome week.

I'm just passed halfway thorugh my stretch... WOO! 8 eweks to go... I've pretty much been ghosting in this forum not much to add.

@NaturalfienD what is the metallic conditioning cap?

Girlfriend, lemme tell you .... I was in the BSS and looking for a regular shower cap when I saw a silver one and a gold one. The material was heavier than a regular shower cap and I saw that the benefit was keeping natural body heat present for added moisture to hair. I purchased it for about $2.00 but the picture that I have included is more expensive. :perplexed metallic.jpg <~ I hope it posts. (Random: I would have gotten the gold one but it was a little more ... I am beginning to realize how cheap I really am.)

I really like the product and I truly notice more moisture on my hair/scalp compared to a regular shower cap. And with adding exercise to the mix while wearing it, I believe that I can really reap the benefits of GHing my hair. HTH and let me know if you happen to try it out yourself. :yep:

@ManiiSweetheart are you super sure you want to go for something with bleach????? that just screams no way to me. Then again I have yet to bleach my hair!

I cosign with livinthevida ... I used Dark and Lovely (great product) because I wanted auburn hair; I am a 1B naturally. I was aware that the ingredients would lift my natural color via bleaching it but I had no idea how jacked up my hair would be in the aftermath. Now, it is important to note that I was hard core on my hair- doing weekly d/cs with heat, moisturizing my hair, the whole bit. My hair was incessantly dry looking and it was just ... wack. I remember watching someone on youtube saying to never bleach your hair and I thought to myself that she didn't know what she was talking about. But I found out (the hard way) that the bleaching thing did not work for me. Now, some people I know of get it professionally done and continue to do so ... maybe that's the difference?? :ohwell:

Ladies, if I am way off base please check me boo. I am just speaking from my experience though ... :look:

i am going to do a hot oil treatment and then shampoo. i am going back to shampooing first, then dc. so that means getting in the shower twice, but i can't afford to flip my hair over and i need my hair to as moisturized as possible. i don't wanna dry my hair out washing out the conditioner. i might do that later since i will be roller setting my hair.

my hair today
IMG_0615.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back