APL 2012 Challenge

Ladies I finally figured out how to use the "Multiquote" button! Thanks to a LHCF thread here. These are my modified instructions after seeing StrawberryQueen's post in the thread:

1. Select the Multiquote button for each post you would like to add to your comment. We can select up to 4 posts only when using the Multiquote button
2. Select the Quote button (right next to the Multiquote button) and you will now have 5 posts to respond to. This is 4 using the Multiquote button and the last 1 using the Quote button = a total of 5 posts to Reply to
3. Type your comments and post to LHCF!

livinthevida said:
I like how you can see 2 shades between the top half and bottom! @pookaloo83 what colors did you use on your hair? How did you get the color across the bottom half to look even all the way around? :)

Thank you! Soft sheen Carson honey blonde. It made it a brown though and that's the color i was going for anyway. I put my hair in 4 ponytails. 2 in the front and 2 in the back. Then I pulled the rubber band down and colored just the hair under the rubberband.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I don't usually have a tender head, just cornrows always seem to be too tight in some spots, if i do twists or buns i have no issue. Then if i do the cornrows too loose they fuzz up easily and don't look as neat. Guess cornrows are just not my thing.

Ok, i don't remember who it was, but one of you lovely ladies posted a vid with a lady making a bun with 4 twists, i decided to try it and i looooooved it! It is now my new favorite style, and it looks good enough for formal events i think! So here are a few pics for you all.

DSC04569.jpg

DSC04565.jpg

And a bigger one in case you can't see the details
DSC04567.jpg

I gotta say, i LOVE it!!

P.S. DH brought me some shea butter and my hair is in love! so soft and moisturized! My relaxed hair despised it but it will definitely be a regular part of my natural regimen.

WOW your hair is amazing.

Well I finish doing my hair. WOW my hair is so moisturize now. I pre condition with Nexxus Humctress on dry hair, and sat under a dryer for 20 minutes. Washed w/Keracare Hydrating Shampoo, then DC with Its a 10 Moisture Mask. Used Its a 10 Kertain Leave in Conditioner. My hair was very managable and super soft. I really like the Its a 10 brand.

I have no clue what I'm doing with my hair right now. I mudwashed yesterday, applied AO White Camellia and put in 3 flat twists and walked out the door. I was supposed to rinse when I got home but I was tired. So I misted it with water and put it into flat twist, to rinse this morning.

This morning I put on my beanie and walked out the door. A few minutes ago, I took down each flat twist misted with water, sealed with sunflower oil and twisted it back up.

I have class tomorrow and won't get home until 10 pm. So am I ever going to rinse the conditioner out of my hair? :perplexed: Guess I will see how my hair acts in the morning.

Well it's been a few weeks since I last posted sorry ladies. I just been busy with moving and everything. So this is what I have been up to...still washing once weekly as well as dcing and biweekly protein treatments. Being that I'm lazy I wear my wigs almost always. I have slacked with moisturizing and sealing everyday but I will pick back up again.

im not sure if im in this challenge or not (i dont think so)
but i should be, seeing that im grazing APL!
can i squeeze my way in here? starting pics in siggy

I got my friend to do box braids and she surprised me with a much needed mini chop!!! :spinning: I was scared and nervous but like I said it was needed and it actually wasn't that much hair. She's going to do the rest when I take them out in June. Then I'll be fully naturally :yep: I'm excited about that, because my hair has been growing steadily and w/o the relaxed ends I'm looking forward to it growing faster ;)

Hey ladies, I think I've discovered my new routine till I get back to the states this summer. I've kept my hair in cornrows basically for almost 6weeks now(with 2 takedowns) and the progress is great. To combat the heat I'm wetting my hair every morning in the shower and moisturizing with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment mask and oiling my scalp with Gro Aut oil but the key I've discovered is covering my hair. I'm going back to my days of wearing a scarf everyday for the next 2.5months 'cause this desert sun is no joke! Just slathered on some Argan oil, put on a conditioning cap and a bandana to give my moisture levels a boost.

The clear rinse I used totally muted my color again. I'm over trying to save the color now that I'm planning on getting braids soon. So I'm gonna just cowash and shampoo using any kind of products now. Not gonna sweat it anymore. Once I hit APL, I'll just dye it again.

I busted my finger nails (like totally lost the whole nails) yesterday playing football :(... hurts like crazy... and I don t even feel like putting any kind of thing in my hair... Will stick to the spray for a while...
Happy monday to all

I'm totally bored right now. I may roam to my favorite BSS and look at braid hair to get an idea of what I want...even though I'm not getting them done for a while.

Poutchi said:
I busted my finger nails (like totally lost the whole nails) yesterday playing football :(... hurts like crazy... and I don t even feel like putting any kind of thing in my hair... Will stick to the spray for a while...
Happy monday to all

Ouch! I hope it heals soon.

Hello All,

I hope err'body had a great weekend. I really need to get the internet at the house because I miss so much over the weekend and I have six pages of reading to do.. :perplexed Anyhoo, I went ahead and went to my BSS on Friday to get some synthetic hair for another u-part wig. I really like this wig because it is not too silky and it better compliments my natural texture. I am getting the hang of sewing my wigs up and I am really looking forward to the next time I do one. :yep:

I tried the Aphogee protein again but this time with their brand of moisturizing conditioner afterward. The first time I tried it, I did not use the Aphogee conditioner, thinking that any d/c would do but that idea did not work well for me. I have to say that the results I had from the Aphogee 2-step worked very well! I realized that the small bits of my hair breaking off at the ends was not because my hair was lacking moisture but because it was weak and needed more protein. :naughty: I am still trying to perfect the protein/moisture balance when it comes to my hair.

After I rinsed out the Aphogee stuff, I went ahead and did the Deep Moisture Method via Lady P :yep: and used the CON Moisturizing Conditioner. I kinda freaked out because I saw there was some amounts of protein in the product (very low on the ingredients list) but realized that I will be okay and that it doesn't mean I will experience protein overload. So all in all, I suppose I will continue wigging it ladies until I make it to APL. Oh and I found that I can cut this shine down by throwing some baby powder on this mug- it looks much more natural to me. That is why I had to give my Marley updo a break because it was too shiny for my sheeny hair. :look: Next time I rock that style, she will be baby powdered up!!!

Oh and I forgot to mention, my new fetish is the metallic conditioning cap!! I am doing the INSANITY workout as of last week and I throw that cap on during my workout so I can get my GHE on ... it was a random share but you know I tell y'all everything! <3

In an effort to reduce shedding, I mixed garlic powder in trader Joe's tee tree tingle conditioner. I didn't pay attention to the proportions, but I must say just applying it I notice about 75% less shedding. I also take garlic pills,but I needed to see faster results. Thus far I am overwhelming impressed. I will report back once I rinse and deep condition, but this may be a keeper.

I'm going to unofficially join since I lurk this challenge pretty often... I'm still new to this forum so I'm not sure how to upload pics but hopefully I will be APL by July...HHG everyone =)

Actually my current length is in my avi...Apple Users how do yall upload pics cuz it won't let me attach the file and aside from my droid which is super slow the only products we use are apple

Last edited:
^Yeah its been pretty quiet in here today, huh? I dusted my ends today after washing and DCing, love how shiny my hair looks but boy do i hate my ends! I don't know why they just wont act right, i felt like just cutting off 2 inches or so i restrained myself, the most i cut in a few sections was half inch, in most areas it really was about 1/4 inch.

Oh and I forgot to mention, my new fetish is the metallic conditioning cap!! I am doing the INSANITY workout as of last week and I throw that cap on during my workout so I can get my GHE on ... it was a random share but you know I tell y'all everything! <3
NaturalfienD what is the metallic conditioning cap?

I do my Weekly Deep Conditioning on Sundays and use the Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask. I part my hair into 4 sections and slather on. I leave in my hair for 20 minutes and cool rinse!

Okay i'm planning on dying my hair with a mix of Medium Intense Red & Dark Intense Red from the ion Color Brilliance line of dyes....Sadly requires Bleach. What do you guys recommend i do Before, During, and How should i maintain my hair after???

lamaria211 said:
Just moisturized with Africa Royal braid spray. I cant wait til may so I can redo my celies they looking rough

May?? Holy crap! I wish I could leave mine in for that long.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I'm going to unofficially join since I lurk this challenge pretty often... I'm still new to this forum so I'm not sure how to upload pics but hopefully I will be APL by July...HHG everyone =)

Actually my current length is in my avi...Apple Users how do yall upload pics cuz it won't let me attach the file and aside from my droid which is super slow the only products we use are apple

Welcome @Mjon912!

I have Windows 7 at home yet I believe the steps should be the same in any Web Browser (I use Firefox 11 and Internet Explorer 9). Here are a few instructions:

1. Click New Reply (see bottom right of page)
  2. Scroll down a little further (see Additional Options)
  3. Select Manage Attachments (under Attach Files)
  4. Select Browse to upload pictures from your Computer
  5. Browse your computer for picture(s) to post
  6. Select Open after selecting picture(s)
  7. Select Upload (picture now appears under Current Attachments)
  8. You can remove the picture by selecting Remove or keep the picture by closing the window (Select Close this window or press the red x)
  9. Enter comments and select Submit Reply
I hope this helps :)

Back