APL 2012 Challenge

Looks like your are only about an inch away. Looks good :yep:

thanks lady! i just need to work on my ends and keeping my new growth from drying out. it is really messed up that i had to cut that much hair, but it feels better. i really need to hide my scissors. i was starting to get carried away! :lol:

Hi Ladies! Even though I work in IT I just can't seem to figure out how to use the "Multiquote" button :lol: can someone pleeeeze give me a simple how to?

I like posting single replies yet sometimes when I haven't checked in within a few days there's so much to catch up on! :yep: Thank Youuuuuuuu!

livinthevida
I gain a few pounds back yesturday I went off at the resturant :ohwell: :look: Time jump back on the wagon and get to the gym. what's Callanetics?
sajjy Callenetics are exercise movements a lot like Yoga and Ballet imagine stretching your arms above your head or reaching to your feet. When doing Callanetics there are longer repetitions for shorter periods of time for each exercise. You really feel the muscle group your working on 'get that burn'! I personally breathe better, sleep better, and have a whole lot more energy thanks to Callenetics :yep:

I tried Elliptical and Cross-Training (rowing, spinning classes) at my local gym yet I was always exhausted getting started and even when I got off the machine! Didn't make sense for me to keep paying a membership and travel to the gym for exhaustion when I could be exhausted at home :lol:

I've had my sew in for almost a month now. I do have some new growth that I noticed underneath awhile ago. The last time I posted pics I was close to apl. I hope to be there when I take my hair down. I'm getting a hooded dryer before I wash my hair again and I'm waiting for my hair length check shirt to come in the mail. I have been apl many times before but the longest my hair has been is bsl.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
@LoveArianna have you found a hooded drier that works well? any recommendations by chance? :drunk:

I roller set every evening and having let my hair air-dry since January 2012. Sometimes I do leave my foam rollers in overnite thanks to a satin pillowcase. All easy to do and easy to sleep in but I wonder if I could speed up my drying time with a hooded drier? I haven't used a blow dryer or flat iron for years now so a drier just might work if I use it on a low cool setting!

My hubby and I had a fantastic time at date night last night. We went to hopping blues club with the blues atmosphere you see on t.v.:lol:, it was awesome. Here my hair style last night
IMG_0610-th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok, this is the best i could do right now
IMG-20120420-00180.jpg

thinking of taking them down tho, no matter how loose i try to do cornrows/flat twists they always give me a tender head, dunno why i bother.
Khaiya have you tried taking down your hair under running water when in the bathe or shower?

When I started to transition between December 2011 to January 2012 from leave-in conditioners, hair gels, hair spray, shampoos, and so much more! my scalp was sore right behind my ears on both sides. I thought I'd have soreness at the top of my head where it was thinning yet no way. It was right behind my ears. When I started to transition I rinsed my hair using warm water and could feel my hair become softer. I noticed real hair growth and finally started a hair regimen.

Today I only do cool rinses weekdays and a warm rinse after deep conditioning on Sundays :)

i had to restock my EVCO since i started eating it as well;) any one use coconut butter? i almost bought it instead but i thought it may have bits in it and then i couldnt use it in my hair

i had to restock my EVCO since i started eating it as well;) any one use coconut butter? i almost bought it instead but i thought it may have bits in it and then i couldnt use it in my hair
lamaria211 never used Coconut Butter but it sounds so yummy!

I do use Organic Coconut Oil (OCO) for my hair it says it can be used for cooking too but I've yet to try!

So cute sajjy! Will you be wearing it again?

livinthevida Thanx!
Yep, I'm wearing it now :look: I did a twist outon the install so I'll update todays photos soon. I haven't even made the u-part wigs for the other two textures I bought the looser kinky curly and the light relax perm from onyc. I feel like a kid with new toys :grin: These wigs will keep me out of my head every day and protect my length... so it doesn't hurt that i like the hair cuz it'll keep me focused:yep:

I guess I am right at APL considering I did a horrible job flat ironing yesterday. I can not seem to get my 20 weeks of ng straight. Probably need to up the heat but nah just left it springy close to the scalp. I finally am experiencing shrinkage!! Am I really transitioning? That's the million dollar question lol. Stay tuned...

Attachments

• image-4262882069.jpg
    image-4262882069.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 35
^^^well that's no bueno!

Today is the big day ladies. My bestie is getting married and I'm like stupid excited right now. I put a clear rinse on my hair last night, detangled and twisted my hair into 6 sections to stretch it out a bit. I have to go meet up with her to finish the last minute decorations (since I made most of them myself and still currently have them :giggle:) so I'm gonna go put my hair in a nice tight bun/puff/pony and tie it down for those uber smooth edges. Hope that works. I have every kind of gel you can think of so it better work :lachen:
NikkiQ I hope you had TONS of fun today!!! at the Wedding!! and rocked that new style! Kudos to you on being such a good bestie to your friend :)

I guess I am right at APL considering I did a horrible job flat ironing yesterday. I can not seem to get my 20 weeks of ng straight. Probably need to up the heat but nah just left it springy close to the scalp. I finally am experiencing shrinkage!! Am I really transitioning? That's the million dollar question lol. Stay tuned...

Shelew
Are you flipping us off *** in the Picture***, JK:lachen:
Awesome growth lady

Congratulations Shelew! It looks like you are grazing APL!

checkin in

Started up again on my sulfur treatments yesterday, hopefully i can stick to it this time around. Oh alsoooo i meant to tell you ladies that my messy bun tendrils got caught in my car door TWICE.:look: :spinning: The 1st time it happened i thought it was just an accident but then it happened again a week later :yep: not excited to have my couple hairs ripped out but i AM excited that my hair is growing.

MyAngelEyez~C~U! Congrats!!!
Shelew Def APL Congrats!! - I felt like that when I got to 20 weeks in my last stretch, but I chickened out LOL. Keep us posted!! :D

shortdub78 Your hair looks in great condition! But I agree put the scissors down girl and it does look like 1inch to go to APL!!! :yep: Have you tried oil rinsing? I swear by it to keep the NG happy.

P.S 7 weeks post today and nothing much to report except I have started to wash/co-wash my hair in sections, DCing with CON argan oil condish right now, NG is well behaved, still low/no heat regimen....I've decided to get a steamer on payday next week (Lord knows where I will put the thing in this 2x4 flat) :drunk:

Fyne
thank you doll! please explain oil rinsing to me. i think i tried it when i was natural, but did it wrong?

shortdub78 Your hair looks in great condition! But I agree put the scissors down girl and it does look like 1inch to go to APL!!! :yep: Have you tried oil rinsing? I swear by it to keep the NG happy.

P.S 7 weeks post today and nothing much to report except I have started to wash/co-wash my hair in sections, DCing with CON argan oil condish right now, NG is well behaved, still low/no heat regimen....I've decided to get a steamer on payday next week (Lord knows where I will put the thing in this 2x4 flat) :drunk:

sajjy said:
Shelew
Are you flipping us off *** in the Picture***, JK:lachen:
Awesome growth lady

LMAO!! No probably flippin that ng off for not laying down. I swear it looks like a TWA from the front!! My DH said you finished?? and asked why I had coils up in there!! I guess I need to go higher than 300 and more than one pass but scared I was gonna burn my head or something!! Next time I think I will try drying in a bun and bypass the flat ironing. I just put it in a bun anyway so not sure why I am doing this half flat ironing each week.

livinthevida said:
Hilarious sajjy! Maybe its Shelew farewell to APL??? :lachen:

Nah not quite farewell. Maybe just the beginning of APL. It don't have the grand APL look I was hoping for! Lol. But I guess my hair is just too thin and needs to be heavier or something!! Hopefully whenever I get to BSL there is more umpth

Back