APL 2012 Challenge

just ordered a bunch of shampoo bars from both bobeam and chagrin valley. ive never used shampoo bars before, but i finally broke down and decided to get some.

Lol...I totally just realize I posted this in the wrong thread. I meant to post in the april 2012 what did you buy...guess it was the apl and april thing. No biggie. : P

I've had my sew in for almost a month now. I do have some new growth that I noticed underneath awhile ago. The last time I posted pics I was close to apl. I hope to be there when I take my hair down. I'm getting a hooded dryer before I wash my hair again and I'm waiting for my hair length check shirt to come in the mail. I have been apl many times before but the longest my hair has been is bsl.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
well i better make it to APL by June or i am cutting somebody or something! i might take it out on this ugly Big Baby lookin doll my daughter has. don't mind me ya'll!

i went to Wally World today and got some of this Creme of Nature Argan Oil leave-in. i didn't read it until i got home, but it has a lot of protein in it. every damn body on YT talkin about how soft and shiny their hair is. we will see.... oh and i got some Suave Almond and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner. my relaxed hair buddy suggested i try it.

i don't know how i wanna style my hair this weekend. i might air dry and flat iron or roller set.

I haven't been able to give any updates because I'm busy finishing school. So I started the curly girl method on Sunday and I'm in love!!!! my hair has never been this soft. My new staple products are suave naturals tropical coconut condish, Jason's fragrance free condish, Kinky Curly Knot Today, and Krystal ecostyler gel. I only use my fingers to detangle in the shower. I've been hurting everybody's ears for the week talking about the CG method lol.
I will take pics when I wash my hair today :grin:
This is the bun I am wearing today. I was being lazy.

100_3773.jpg

100_3781.jpg

well i better make it to APL by June or i am cutting somebody or something! i might take it out on this ugly Big Baby lookin doll my daughter has. don't mind me ya'll!

i went to Wally World today and got some of this Creme of Nature Argan Oil leave-in. i didn't read it until i got home, but it has a lot of protein in it. every damn body on YT talkin about how soft and shiny their hair is. we will see.... oh and i got some Suave Almond and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner. my relaxed hair buddy suggested i try it.

i don't know how i wanna style my hair this weekend. i might air dry and flat iron or roller set.

I just bought the shampoo 2 weeks ago and i love it. :yep: (albeit I'm still a newbie & I haven't tried very many mousturizing poos) but it is the best so far that Ive tried, especially for the price.

SO EXCITED!!!! My hair has arrived I've sealed the wefts and I'm sewing the hair on to my u-part wig as we speak!!!!! My husband and I are going on a date tonight, and I can't wait to show this hair off! Here's the packaging
IMG_0595-th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0599-th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0601-th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0602-th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0604-th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks ladies! It took me nearly 4 years of changes, but I finally made my first hair length goal :D hopefully the next goals won't take as long!

faithVA said:
MyAngelEyez~C~U, sorry it took 4 years but thanks for sharing that. I needed that encouragement. I think it may take me that long as well.

faithVA, stay focused on your goal. I spent a little over a year of that time still relaxed and battling breakage. Best thing I did for my hair was to stop relaxing it. Now I grow hair and keep it :-) I will be 2 years natural this June, and I know I will be well past BSL by June, 2013!

You will make APL this year! And BSL will come, and so on!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:
Ok, this is the best i could do right now
IMG-20120420-00180.jpg

IMG-20120420-00181.jpg

thinking of taking them down tho, no matter how loose i try to do cornrows/flat twists they always give me a tender head, dunno why i bother.

lamaria211 said:
every time i pull to check my progress which is pobably to often i seem to ne in the same place, past sl but not yet apl. :sad: it feels like everybody is making more progress than me been lurking n to many wl and tbl challenges

A watched put never boils lady. You may just surprise yourself on the next length check.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

KaramelKutie803 said:
Congrats!! What was your regi like if you don't mind me asking? I

Pretty simple. I'm mostly Curly Girl product-wise, no sulphates/silicones/mineral oil/petroleum in my products. I cowash 2-4 times a week wi Tresemme Naturals Restorative Moisture conditioner mainly, with hemp seed oil or olive oil added to it. On days I don't co wash, I spray my hair with a water mix( aloe Vera juice, veggie glycerin, and water). I mostly do was n goes. Ecostyler blue is my gel of choice for those, and Eco pink for puffs and other styles. I make hair butter whips to use in my wash n goes, usually over the gel. I only comb my hair when I wash and condition, which I do once every 1-2 weeks. I only comb to detangle, under running water, with conditioner. I don't brush my hair, I use my hands and fingers to comb and smooth my hair. I like the simplicity of my current reggie, saves me money and is easy to keep up with. I try to trim when I straighten, which I am trying only to do every 3-6 months. My last flat iron was the end of February (my avatar) and I am trying not to straighten again until my birthday in October :-)

MyAngelEyez~C~U said:
Pretty simple. I'm mostly Curly Girl product-wise, no sulphates/silicones/mineral oil/petroleum in my products. I cowash 2-4 times a week wi Tresemme Naturals Restorative Moisture conditioner mainly, with hemp seed oil or olive oil added to it. On days I don't co wash, I spray my hair with a water mix( aloe Vera juice, veggie glycerin, and water). I mostly do was n goes. Ecostyler blue is my gel of choice for those, and Eco pink for puffs and other styles. I make hair butter whips to use in my wash n goes, usually over the gel. I only comb my hair when I wash and condition, which I do once every 1-2 weeks. I only comb to detangle, under running water, with conditioner. I don't brush my hair, I use my hands and fingers to comb and smooth my hair. I like the simplicity of my current reggie, saves me money and is easy to keep up with. I try to trim when I straighten, which I am trying only to do every 3-6 months. My last flat iron was the end of February (my avatar) and I am trying not to straighten again until my birthday in October :-)

Thanks for posting. I may try that water mix of yours, sounds good.

Then that's why my hair felt so hard and stiff....I bought the shampoo, conditioner, and leave in and tried it Wednesday. I hated how my hair felt after using this. Friday I had I had to do a deep moisturizing treatment. Not as stiff, but its still not has soft as it was before I used Creme of Nature Argan.

^^^well that's no bueno!

Today is the big day ladies. My bestie is getting married and I'm like stupid excited right now. I put a clear rinse on my hair last night, detangled and twisted my hair into 6 sections to stretch it out a bit. I have to go meet up with her to finish the last minute decorations (since I made most of them myself and still currently have them :giggle:) so I'm gonna go put my hair in a nice tight bun/puff/pony and tie it down for those uber smooth edges. Hope that works. I have every kind of gel you can think of so it better work :lachen:

Last edited:
NikiQ hope today is a beautiful day! i love how i make a bride feel after i've done her makeup! i feel like i helped someone turn into a beautiful princess. i say princess, because it seems more girly to me, soft, and pretty. queen seems so strong, regal, etc... nothing wrong with it, but i like princess better. randomness..:lol:

mami2010
i used just the leave-in yesterday and i liked the way my hair felt. i was too scared to try the conditioning treatment. i would just use the shampoo and leave-in if i were you.

Loving
well i cut off a lot so here is where my hair is at now. i didn't flat iron the back so good. i got lazy, since my ankle started hurting.
picture.php

compared to March
picture.php

Last edited:
Back