APL 2012 Challenge

i'm dc'ing my hair right now. i'm sitting under the dryer too. i haven't done that in awhile. but i hope it will help. before i dc'ed, i did a light protein treatment, mixed with a moisturizing conditioner. i am going to rinse and cowash afterwards. really trying to work on moisturizing my hair and preventing breakage.(i have been getting short tiny pieces when i run my fingers through my hair.

i wanted to stretch my touchup to 12 weeks. but i think will go for 9 weeks, so i need to change my appt.

i wonder if the trim hurt my chances of making it to APL by next month. oh well, it was needed. i hate that my touchups aren't around our hair updates.

Lol, i didn't post cause it was nothing special. I've been staying with my parents this week while DH is away so i'm really limited when it comes to products. I washed with my Dove Moisturizing Shampoo twice and then conditioned with Pantene Always Smooth, i only kept it on while i showered and then washed it out so i had real low expectations. Guess i'm gonna have to buy some more of it cuz i love what it did!

@NikkiQ, have u thought about mixing your color with henna to get it to last longer? I dunno if that would work, just a thought i had.

P.S. now i remember the awesome post i was gonna make last night!:grin: I stretched my hair out after taking my twists down last night and i got some growth! I'm happy to report i can pull my hair in the back by myself now without tearing my arm off. Yay! Hoping i'm APL but that seems like a stretch, we'll see when DH gets home.

No I've never tried that before. Has anyone done that or known someone that has done that before??

^I have a friend that said she was going to mix hers with kool aid to get it more red :rolleyes: I didn't know it but she said here (Jamaica) there are people that use kool aid for coloring their hair.

Congratulations sajjy! I myself have lost 32 lbs since November 2011 and feel GREAT. My personal goal is to lose another 30 by end of July so far I am right on target. My cousin swears by Bikram Yoga yet when I barely lasted the first 20 minutes of a full hour and a half she recommended I try Callanetics instead. I love Callanetics as it is all your own body movement, no gym to travel to, no fees! Simply set aside time to strengthen all of your muscle groups at your own pace LOVE IT! :yep:

Ladies this stuff is old school but it works! Here is the website too:
http://www.callanetics.com/method.php

livinthevida
I gain a few pounds back yesturday I went off at the resturant :ohwell: :look: Time jump back on the wagon and get to the gym. what's Callanetics?

::Checking In::

I am wearing my hair in a bun with the Marley Braiding hair as an updo. I will take pix and post them in here sometime over the weekend. It is kinda cool to do different styles with the hair and I like that I don't have to fuss with my hair too much. I must co-wash tonight to get back to my 3-4x/week promise I made to myself. Although the style is cute, this is an in between style for me. I am tempted to do yarn twists and I am tempted to make another wig. The only thing holding me back from doing another wig is the price of hair these days. I have difficulty with the concept of $50-$60 coming out the pocket for the weave hair, especially because I could just pay $5 and get enough yarn for my entire head. Then I ask myself ... do you really want to spend an entire freaking weekend doing your hair ... :nono:

The jury is out on this one. :yawn:

Made my goal of three days in a protective style! It was really difficult for a daily washer to do. All I used was a milkmaid braid. Going to see if I can keep this week's protective style for 5 days. Going to put in some cornrows or flat twist. Have to pick my style while I condition. Got a big week end, so I want to look afro-centric

i just trimmed off an inch a few minutes ago. i decided i am going to touch up my roots this weekend. my new growth is tangling up and i am noticing some breakage at the crown.

I tried a flat twist updo style today, i like it ok but the hair in the front is annoying me, i hate having hair in my face. Can't wait until it grows past my chin. (Yes, i'll take pics and post for you guys later altho its really not that special but just cause we love pics :))

Okay so I found some Marley hair very close to the shade of my hair so now I can add the option of a faux textured bun for the wedding. Off to YT world I go!

ETA: I'm totally diggin this style!!! What do you ladies think??

http://youtu.be/sDU8sBKlDog

Last edited:
this is really a challenge! why is it just so dang difficult to get to this length? i had no trouble before. all of this doing it on my own is for the birds! don't mind me ya'll, i'm just venting...

^^^Vent on! I'm textin my old stylist now to see if she'll do my braids now that she had her baby girl. I'm tired of worrying about my hair. I need a break.

Easier said than done. I've been applying for federal jobs and almost all of them have turned me down due to me not being bilingual. Plus lots of them require Masters...and I sure don't have one :nono:

Nikki, I can tell you about those federal jobs and their "requirements", my ENTIRE family is employed by the feds (including myself) and have been the past 20 or so years and NONE of us has a Masters (as of this moment, 3 will graduate soon), most of the time there is a clause in the job announcement where experience can substitute for education. Also, search by GS level and you can always directly contact the hiring offices down there, just like any other HR department. Good luck.

My hair is so mad at me...I have been wearing it in this tangled puff for the past 8 days, and last night I got into some "coloring" (:look:) and left the puff out and this morning when I woke up?!?!?!?! The back of my hair was matted. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson, and I took off of work and school today to give my hair (and the rest of me) some TLC. My hair is so mad at me, I had to detangle in teeny tiny sections as I twisted and go with a very heavy moisturizer.

I also found my first split end (I mean, I know I have more, but this is the first one I could see) and SSKs out the @$$...but they don't bother me so much, should they?

^^I've already given up, but thanks for the advice itsjusthair88. After being told from 5 different agencies/departments that I'm qualified but not "qualified enough", I don't even care anymore.

So I've decided to do the bun and bangs with the marley hair I found today at my favorite BSS for the wedding. I told my bestie and she likes the idea so I'm gonna roll with it.

just ordered a bunch of shampoo bars from both bobeam and chagrin valley. ive never used shampoo bars before, but i finally broke down and decided to get some.

youwillrise said:
just ordered a bunch of shampoo bars from both bobeam and chagrin valley. ive never used shampoo bars before, but i finally broke down and decided to get some.

Let us know how you like it! I've always wanted to try bars too!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

^ i am so in love with your siggy pic :lachen:

Oh, for any of you ladies who suffer with dandruff, try black soap. My DH had really bad dandruff, so bad that he would wash his hair and brush it and flakes would be coming up like it hadn't been washed at all. I bought him some black soap and now he can go 4 days without flakes! At about day 3 he still has some itching but no flakes so i am a firm believer.

Last edited:
Tried taking pics for u all but my fone is doing a crappy job and i just cant get any good pics, all its highlighting are my pimples:nono: I'll have DH take some for me tomorrow.

Okay, excuse my back fat, but can I call myself APL now? No plans on straightening any time soon, so this as close as I'll be getting to a length check.

Attachments

• image-3508276999.jpg
    image-3508276999.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 86
MyAngelEyez~C~U said:
Okay, excuse my back fat, but can I call myself APL now? No plans on straightening any time soon, so this as close as I'll be getting to a length check.

Yes indeed you're APL woman!!! Looks like you been there for a while now.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Back