APL 2012 Challenge

Gonna do a twistout for tomorrow. Tired of doing the braidout. Will be twisting till Sunday. Will post my twistout tomorrow. I posted my hair today in the post your hair sticky.

Blairx0 Maybe you could try doing like 20 twists then, and pulling them back in a ponytail to stretch them out some, when i'm too tired or lazy or hurried to thread, that's what i do. It does at least stretch the roots out.

Fyne said:
Lovely thick hair! Are you transitioning?

Checking in; I co-washed with Organix coconut and damp bunned for bed.

Yes I am transitioning...I've been trimming all along so I probably only have an inch or so left but I can't bear to part with those straight ends...smh :(

Like I'm for real thinking about getting braids for the summer while I deal with this move. All my stuff will be packed away and on a boat to Puerto Rico so I won't be able to do much to my hair anyway. Hmm....sounding like a better idea.
NikkiQ what type of braids will you do? and how long will you keep them in? the whole summer?

^^^ *whispers* if you dream it...it will come :giggle:
I use to dream of having JLo (Jennifer Lopez) hair then I heard Janet Jackson's "That's the way Love goes" on the radio and want her hair :yep: remember that video to this song where she has curly locks 6-pack abs random guy holding her on the stairs? :grin: so natural so pretty!

On a totally different note I had a meeting with the parents at my school today(I'm on the admin team) and interestingly enough they were fascinated by my hair lol. First they wanted to know how long it took to braid. Did I braid it or use a machine? Then I learned that several of them assumed I didn't wash my hair. They were amazed to find I do infact wash my hair. Amazing the assumptions people make.
Oh my longhairdreaming when will they learn?!!?? Just swag that hair girl! Swag all the way to the Meeting!

:rocker:

By the way is there such a machine? :spinning: LOL!

^Really? My hair dries pretty well when i thread, granted i usually do it in the evening and then sleep on it slightly damp and by morning it's dry. As for the time, i don't really find that it takes me any longer than doing plaits, i usually do about 20 sections so i guess that helps with the drying too.

Sorry it didn't work for you, maybe smaller sections and some practice? i dunno. I do know that it gives me great results, especially if i do it, take it down, moisturize and thread again, after the second takedown i have blowdryer results. Really should take some pics, if only i wasn't so lazy:nono:

Yes, I want to see the pictures. I am working up to trying threading. Watched all the videos, and am still clueless. I want to use it as a protective hairstyle; really like the vintage African styles.

What type of thread do I use?
Where can I buy the pretty shiny thread I see on African children's hair?
How do I seal the thread when I finish wrapping it around my hair?

Onyc has processed my hair for shipment yayayyyy! :nervous2:So excited, I mighthangout atthe house in the morning so i wont miss the maillady :lol: In other news I lost 4 to 5 pounds! My ultimate goal is to drop another 10 to 15:pray:
Congratulations sajjy! I myself have lost 32 lbs since November 2011 and feel GREAT. My personal goal is to lose another 30 by end of July so far I am right on target. My cousin swears by Bikram Yoga yet when I barely lasted the first 20 minutes of a full hour and a half she recommended I try Callanetics instead. I love Callanetics as it is all your own body movement, no gym to travel to, no fees! Simply set aside time to strengthen all of your muscle groups at your own pace LOVE IT! :yep:

Ladies this stuff is old school but it works! Here is the website too:
http://www.callanetics.com/method.php

jprayze said:

Beautiful color! Ur hair will thank you for the break from blow out heat and tension. I did the same when I was going to the dominican salon I rotated between roller set only and full blowouts.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Has anyone heard of or tried Carribbean Hair Grow Vitamins?

I came across them on Amazon after typing in something like "hair growth vitamins." I've been thinking about trying Viviscal, but that price. :nono: The Carribbean Hair Grow had really good reviews, so I bought two bottles. Hopefully I'll get some good results, the ingredients look really good. :grin:

Yes, I want to see the pictures. I am working up to trying threading. Watched all the videos, and am still clueless. I want to use it as a protective hairstyle; really like the vintage African styles.

What type of thread do I use?
Where can I buy the pretty shiny thread I see on African children's hair?
How do I seal the thread when I finish wrapping it around my hair?

All this talk of exercise reminds me of a site i love, dunno if some of you know it, i'll share it cuz its AWESOME!! 12 minute INTENSE workouts: http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Seamonster, i yeard someone say they use weave thread but i had no idea where to buy that (strange since 9 out of 10 ppl here wear weave or wigs, the thread should be quite easy to find) neway, i use crochet thread or yarn (kinda drying but easier cuz the thread is bigger).

I mostly do threading for stretching purposes but i have worn it out a few times, most ppl just think it's twists.

To seal the thread i just tie it, it usually stays put that way. I wrap all the way down the the bottom of my hair, and then wrap going back up the hair and then just tie it (i hope you get what i'm saying). My DH is away on training for the week so i'm all alone and have nobody to take pics for me, but when he comes back i'll do a pic tutorial for you guys.

GirlsLoveYourCurls on YTube has a super detailed video on it, and shows how well it does at stretching hair; it's what i used to learn how to thread but i'll still post some pics when my DH comes.

The funeral was today? Wow that was fast. I don't even know her and I feel sad. :sad:

I hope her wedding day is absolutely beautiful though.

Craaaaaap!!! I forgot I gotta find some sort of cute hair accessory for the wedding! Aww man. So tomorrow on my lunch break I gotta go browse wigs and hair accessories.Just great.

I must be doing something right, my hair feels AWESOME! It has NEVER felt this soft and moisturized right after washing, usually it takes at least one moisturizing session to get it this way. I'm surprised but very pleased.

I must be doing something right, my hair feels AWESOME! It has NEVER felt this soft and moisturized right after washing, usually it takes at least one moisturizing session to get it this way. I'm surprised but very pleased.

Khaiya Now, you KNOW you wrong for not telling us what products you used! :spank:

:lol:

For real, though... what did you use? :sekret:

Oh my @longhairdreaming when will they learn?!!?? Just swag that hair girl! Swag all the way to the Meeting!

:rocker:

By the way is there such a machine? :spinning: LOL!

@livinthevida I have no clue about such a machine lol but are all kinda fascinated with each other where I work. We westerners are always dying to see what their hair looks like under those shaylas

I'm debating what to do with my hair. I've a party to go to this weekend but I really want to keep my cornrows in till the end of the month. Maybe I'll should just wash and dc then wig it to the party...decisions, decisions :ohwell:

I want to cowash my hair to get my curls back, but don't want my color to bleed. What to do...what to do??

I'm gonna put some twists in today (I PROMISE!!!) and rock em under my wig until Sunday and then wear an out next week. Ready to show off the new color.

@Khaiya Now, you KNOW you wrong for not telling us what products you used! :spank:

:lol:

For real, though... what did you use? :sekret:

Lol, i didn't post cause it was nothing special. I've been staying with my parents this week while DH is away so i'm really limited when it comes to products. I washed with my Dove Moisturizing Shampoo twice and then conditioned with Pantene Always Smooth, i only kept it on while i showered and then washed it out so i had real low expectations. Guess i'm gonna have to buy some more of it cuz i love what it did!

@NikkiQ, have u thought about mixing your color with henna to get it to last longer? I dunno if that would work, just a thought i had.

P.S. now i remember the awesome post i was gonna make last night!:grin: I stretched my hair out after taking my twists down last night and i got some growth! I'm happy to report i can pull my hair in the back by myself now without tearing my arm off. Yay! Hoping i'm APL but that seems like a stretch, we'll see when DH gets home.

Back