Anyone up for a "Use up your stash in 2010" challenge?

Update:
Used up the following: Regis designline olive oil masque 01/24/10; Mastercuts vitamin_c c-pak treatment 01/24/10; Graham Webb halo high gloss rinse 01/24/10
another update:
Mastercuts vitamin_c co 01/25/10

Last edited:
THANK YOU Esq.2B!

i never thought about those uses! with the decision to stop using sls shampoo, i've got loads of the stuff....now it doesn't have to go to waste!

Thanks!

p.s. any ladies with ideas about the leftover hairspray? i know that one is tough....a friend of mine told me i could set my hair with it, but i think it might be to drying on my hair as a setting lotion....has anyone tried this?

I use hairspray to get certain stains out of carpet and fabrics.

Last edited:
I have a question due to a recent epiphany. I really want to purchase a hair steamer for several reasons:

1. I believe it would help alleviate the dryness I've been experiencing from the John Frieda rinses.
2. My DC process would improve.
3. The overall condition of my hair would improve.
4. I would be able to tell which products work well for me and which do not.
5. It would help with the use of all the products I possess - the corny ones would be given a boost by the steam.

So, my question is: would buying a steamer be considered a disqualifying purchase according to the criterion of this challenge?

I have a question due to a recent epiphany. I really want to purchase a hair steamer for several reasons:

1. I believe it would help alleviate the dryness I've been experiencing from the John Frieda rinses.
2. My DC process would improve.
3. The overall condition of my hair would improve.
4. I would be able to tell which products work well for me and which do not.
5. It would help with the use of all the products I possess - the corny ones would be given a boost by the steam.

So, my question is: would buying a steamer be considered a disqualifying purchase according to the criterion of this challenge?

No it not a product it's equipment and it investment that will last and give you longterm benefits. IMO

I don't think a steamer would disqualify you..it's an appliance or a tool. The rules said nothing about appliances and tools.
Besides...you can't use up a steamer. I think you should get one!

Also, I'm still confused about mine, so it would be nice to have a fellow newbie to steaming to compare notes with. :yep:

I'm going to try and give some more product away especially the cheapie conditioners, and try to use up conditioner by combining some that are watery with thicker conditioners.

What's the one that they have the knockoff for at Sally's, that you leave in?

Yeah I think Joico make a leave-in too.

Omg, I saw that today too.. it was hard to pass up too (its on my list tho...) ... don't ask why I was in a beauty supply store tho :sekret:

Don't worry! When you fall off the horse you just get back right on ...
if you want too haha :grin:

Pass it up - you don't need it... cmon ladies lets get back on track.....:grin:

Nice haul Esq.2B...That Alagio sounds like good stuff!!! Makes me wanna stop by my Marshalls and Maxx this weekend. --c

There will be not stopping anywhere to line the pockets of TK MAXX or sally's c'mon ladies let focus we can do this....

Checking in:cool2:

I've used up my jojoba oil! Small victory for me! whoo-hoo!

:clap: :yay:

Update:
Used up the following: Regis designline olive oil masque 01/24/10; Mastercuts vitamin_c c-pak treatment 01/24/10; Graham Webb halo high gloss rinse 01/24/10
another update:
Mastercuts vitamin_c co 01/25/10

:clap: :yay:

I use hairspray to get certain stains out of carpet and fabrics.

You can use hairspray for that? :blush:

Steamers are cool :cool2:

No it not a product it's equipment and it investment that will last and give you longterm benefits. IMO

Agree :cool2:

I don't think a steamer would disqualify you..it's an appliance or a tool. The rules said nothing about appliances and tools.

Agree :cool2:

I'm going to try and give some more product away especially the cheapie conditioners, and try to use up conditioner by combining some that are watery with thicker conditioners.

I did this and I think its a good idea. A lot of our stuff has a shelf life and we can't use all of it in time so if you know you will never use bc you don't like it, just give it away :yep:

Okay so basically I bought 3 bottles of Alagio Silk Obsessions Silk Leave-in Detangler, 1 bottle of Alterna Life Restore conditioner, 1 7oz bottle of Colortek Color Refresher Hair Repair conditioner, 1 bottle of Multiplicity Reflect Shine conditioner, and 1 professional sized bottle of Nexxus Emergencee. :look:

WHY???????????????? C'mon girl ???????????

Anyways so tell us about the new stuff? Do you like it? That is some haul I tell you. Were you possessed or something?

Pass it up - you don't need it... cmon ladies lets get back on track.....:grin:

I was buying more applicator bottles (for my Chi silk infusion because I can never get just a dime size every time i try to get some product out I get more like a quarter size :perplexed) and new JBCO that i used up :grin:

Nothing new, I'm proud! And the store is WELL stocked... everything from Moroccan oil products to Salon products to Dominican hair products

I was buying more applicator bottles (for my Chi silk infusion because I can never get just a dime size every time i try to get some product out I get more like a quarter size :perplexed) and new JBCO that i used up :grin:

Nothing new, I'm proud! And the store is WELL stocked... everything from Moroccan oil products to Salon products to Dominican hair products

Congrats on successfully defeating the demons! :grin:

But about the store...is it in the Bronx?!
What store is that? I'm not gonna buy anything, I'm just curious. :look:

stellagirl76 Yep, hairspray. I was able to remove black ink from my beige carpet using hairspray. Amazing, isn't it? :yep:

ltown Calling it an investment makes me feel less of a shopaholic. Thanks for the advice!

chaosbutterfly I've been taking "steamer notes" for the last two days. I'm still confused about the distilled water vs tap water thing. I will definitely need someone to compare notes with.

Nothing much to report on the "Use the Stash" front other than some uses here and there. I am waiting until I've gone through 3+ products before I do another update. I'm about to use some more products tonight since I am taking the plunge to straighten my hair (if you hear a thud, that's just me throwing the Maxiglide across the room :grin:).

Its in Mount Vernon in Westchester Forth ave, like half a mile from the end of the Bronx. Its the store with the purple banner thing, same side as Golden Krust. I love that store it even had the new silicon max with the pearl protien in it! I think they own another store on the block so sometimes its good to ask for something if you don't see it there.. they will send someone.

I WISH there was a really nice BSS in The Bronx.. if you know let me know .. not that I need to be knowing

Last edited:
stellagirl76 Yep, hairspray. I was able to remove black ink from my beige carpet using hairspray. Amazing, isn't it? :yep:

ltown Calling it an investment makes me feel less of a shopaholic. Thanks for the advice!

chaosbutterfly I've been taking "steamer notes" for the last two days. I'm still confused about the distilled water vs tap water thing. I will definitely need someone to compare notes with.

Nothing much to report on the "Use the Stash" front other than some uses here and there. I am waiting until I've gone through 3+ products before I do another update. I'm about to use some more products tonight since I am taking the plunge to straighten my hair (if you hear a thud, that's just me throwing the Maxiglide across the room :grin:).

Pjaye, you are welcome. I have a steamer and used both although I never had any problems with tap water I think it more of a natural healthy choice not to use mineral water. Some may have had their steamer clogged up. A gallon will last you a while depending on how much you steam. I don't fill it up and only steam for 30 min. I can't even sit that long under anything dryer or steamer.

I am not officially in this challenge but I wanted to share that if you deep condition on dry hair, you tend to use more conditioner which will help you go through your products faster. That is what i have been doing and it has helped me decrease my conditioners stash a lot :grin:.

I am in, too many products to list. I will try my hardest not to purchase more than 5 products during 2010, which means I only have 4 left and one of those has to be the miracle leave in products. sigh meaning I have 3 products left for the duration of the year.

I cowashed last night and used up 1/3 of a bottle of VO5.

I have some pretty new ponytail holders to my goal is to cowash at least 3 days a week to use up more conditioner. I should be able to go through at least a bottle a week if not more.

I gave some of my shampoo bars to anothe LHCF member for her to sample.

Yeah right !!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm serious! :look: Kind of.

Its in Mount Vernon in Westchester Forth ave, like half a mile from the end of the Bronx. Its the store with the purple banner thing, same side as Golden Krust. I love that store it even had the new silicon max with the pearl protien in it! I think they own another store on the block so sometimes its good to ask for something if you don't see it there.. they will send someone.

I WISH there was a really nice BSS in The Bronx.. if you know let me know .. not that I need to be knowing

Lol, I googled it and I couldn't find it...I'll look some more when I come back from work. Do you know the name of the store?
And that's what I'm going to be doing this spring break...trying to locate a good, well-stocked, BSS in the Bronx. I know there has to be at least one; it just doesn't make sense going to Brooklyn/Manhattan for some conditioner. :nono:
I love hair product, but not that much.

ok, i'm co-washing to try to use up these loads of conditioner....and doing so twice a week for as long as my schedule permits...!

I'm serious! :look: Kind of.

Lol, I googled it and I couldn't find it...I'll look some more when I come back from work. Do you know the name of the store?
And that's what I'm going to be doing this spring break...trying to locate a good, well-stocked, BSS in the Bronx. I know there has to be at least one; it just doesn't make sense going to Brooklyn/Manhattan for some conditioner. :nono:
I love hair product, but not that much.

OMG I Know its like everything good for hair is in brooklyn/Manhattan. I'm to lazy for trains, I'd probably fall asleep while trying to get to BK and wake up back at the Bronx. If you find one let me know ......

I forgot the name of the place :wallbash:, but it has like a purple banner. I don't know if you ever been to 4th ave in mount veron, NY but they have tons of BSS so.. If one stores doesn't have something the other might. Bed Bath and beyond in Mount Veron is also well stocked on hair products... they also have a TJ Maxx in same center.. Ok maybe i should stop.. sound like im telling you were to score crack.

bronx has tons of bss well stocked---

4th ave in mt vernon---has just about everything HAIRCARE you can think of for hair--i mean everything
whiteplains road off 233rd street as well

if you really want the good stuff as in all products and everything--go to Harmons its in Westchester off quaker ridge road...

Um I mess up and brought some products:nono:, wait before I get in trouble:look:. I brought some detangler to send to my sister and it was 2/$10 at Sally so of course I'll keep one for myself. I just completed my transition to natural last week and it hard, hard trying to figure out the right products:rolleyes:

Loulou you are not stagnant - just in progress.....:cool2: BTW is that Lustrasilk safe to use...... I say that because I already had a mishap with some spoiled product and it took a few weeks for my weave to recover....

Well I used it up before I saw this post. :lachen: Thanks for the heads up though. My weave wasn't affect by it, thank goodness. I have some other products from 2008 but they're in the fridge. I'll use them up next.

:grin: Thanks soo much

So... I'm just curious ladies... What did you buy with your month pass this month? and are you happy with it?

I wasted mine on something I didn't even need or like:violin: total impulse buy..
IC Fantasia Heat protectant serum... I like Chi Silk infusion better
Not happy with that purchase

I brought some detangler to send to my sister and it was 2/$10 at Sally so of course I'll keep one for myself. I just completed my transition to natural last week and it hard, hard trying to figure out the right products:rolleyes:

348t4jo.jpg.gif

OMG I Know its like everything good for hair is in brooklyn/Manhattan. I'm to lazy for trains, I'd probably fall asleep while trying to get to BK and wake up back at the Bronx. If you find one let me know ......

I forgot the name of the place :wallbash:, but it has like a purple banner. I don't know if you ever been to 4th ave in mount veron, NY but they have tons of BSS so.. If one stores doesn't have something the other might. Bed Bath and beyond in Mount Veron is also well stocked on hair products... they also have a TJ Maxx in same center.. Ok maybe i should stop.. sound like im telling you were to score crack.

LOL. Thanks! I'll ask my mom...she's always at Mount Vernon buying something. She'll probably know exactly which shop you're talking about, especially if the awning is bright.

And yeah...it does. But it's good to know where the crack is being sold. That way I can avoid such evil places. :look:

4th ave in mt vernon---has just about everything HAIRCARE you can think of for hair--i mean everything

if you really want the good stuff as in all products and everything--go to Harmons its in Westchester off quaker ridge road...

Muahaha, thanks! :evilbanana:

You know I was just kidding...I won't be buying anything until we're allowed. Forreal. :grin: Ahaha, I made you look.

:grin: Thanks soo much

So... I'm just curious ladies... What did you buy with your month pass this month? and are you happy with it?

I wasted mine on something I didn't even need or like:violin: total impulse buy..
IC Fantasia Heat protectant serum... I like Chi Silk infusion better
Not happy with that purchase

How come you don't like the IC Fantasia?

And I'm saving up my January pass to use next month. I'm going to buy Joico Clinicure shampoo with it, to save my bald head. :rofl:
I still don't know what I'm going to use my February pass on though. Maybe some Nexxus Keraphix. I'm a sucker for a good reconstructor; my hair loves protein.

Now that the Lustersilk is done I can start on my liter-sized Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. :evilbanana:

It's snowing here so I've done alot of using products and will try IDareToHair technique using up the stash. I mixed up a DC of AOWC, AM with honeyquat for my steamer, empty the bottles into one jar which will allow me two more DC this weeks.

Back