Anyone up for a "Use up your stash in 2010" challenge?

:clap: :clap: :woot: :woot: BTW you trying it again ChaosButterfly.... :wink2: ......um I am not sure about this one. I suppose if you didn't use your pass one month you should be allowed to use it the next. Also given that you limit yourself to $25 a month then its not too bad if you rollover your pass cos the principle is still there so how about we say that passes can only be rolled over once and then they are lost forever?

Ladies lemme know what you think of this ....?

..I had to ask!! Nothing wrong with asking!! :lachen::lachen:
And I think the rollover once policy is a good idea. :yep:
Thanks! :kiss:

phew !!! Cos that would take forever to get through....

ETA: Btw ladies just a quick question. I have a huge bottle of Mizani Phormula 7 Neutralising and Chelating shampoo (1 litre of which half the bottle is left).

Do you think I could use it up as a "clarifying" shampoo or are they two completely different things ?

I think folks will disagree with me, but IMO, if a shampoo is strong enough to remove calcium deposits in the hair, it will surely be enough to strip off any cones or mineral oil.
I use a chelating shampoo as a clarifier (ORS Creamy Aloe) and it's worked fine for me in that capacity. I say go for it!

But dang girl...why you bought a liter though? :lachen:

.5 as in 1/2

I don't have 5 bottles of anything, Thank God!!

:lachen:I'm sorry to say I do have 5 jars of Cantu leave in and had 7 bottles of different VO5 shampoo. I'm down to 3 VO5 and still have 5 Cantu. I brought the VO5 because of coupon deal and the cantu because someone said they changed the forumula. Well they still selling the same formula in my area so I got punk'd. I do have about 4 bottles of Giovanni direct leave in but it really cheap at TJ Max $4.99 compared to $6-8 I'm not ashame of that buy:grin:

I think folks will disagree with me, but IMO, if a shampoo is strong enough to remove calcium deposits in the hair, it will surely be enough to strip off any cones or mineral oil.
I use a chelating shampoo as a clarifier (ORS Creamy Aloe) and it's worked fine for me in that capacity. I say go for it!

But dang girl...why you bought a liter though? :lachen:

See this is exactly what I was thinking. Also I don't use that many styling products and I try to limit my use of Cones so I am hoping I can just use this as my Clarifier as I quite like this shampoo esp when I infuse it with some Peppermint it has a lovely cool tingly feeling on the scalp :cool3:.

:lachen:I'm sorry to say I do have 5 jars of Cantu leave in and had 7 bottles of different VO5 shampoo. I'm down to 3 VO5 and still have 5 Cantu. I brought the VO5 because of coupon deal and the cantu because someone said they changed the forumula. Well they still selling the same formula in my area so I got punk'd. I do have about 4 bottles of Giovanni direct leave in but it really cheap at TJ Max $4.99 compared to $6-8 I'm not ashame of that buy:grin:

:blush: 5 Jars of Cantu, 7 Bottles of VO5 and 4 Bottles of Giovanni Direct Leave in. :spinning::spinning::spinning:

Btw Ltown I also got punked by the rumours about the CON shampoo however everytime I go to my local BSS there is than damn shampoo sticking its toungue out and staring at me :nono:. Never again will I buy more than 1 of anything, if its gone its gone and I will just have to find something else. :yep:

Anyway in other news..... I have been looking at your list ltown and its the ish.... Do you plan on using all the more organic products such as the Hairveda/ Afroveda etc bc they have a limited life span.

Also are the Giovanni direct leave ins you have still the old formula.....:sekret: would you consider a swap or parting with some.... I was planning to try this stuff and people say the old formula (sans Aloe is good).....

*slips quietly out of post*....

See this is exactly what I was thinking. Also I don't use that many styling products and I try to limit my use of Cones so I am hoping I can just use this as my Clarifier as I quite like this shampoo esp when I infuse it with some Peppermint it has a lovely cool tingly feeling on the scalp :cool3:.

:blush: 5 Jars of Cantu, 7 Bottles of VO5 and 4 Bottles of Giovanni Direct Leave in. :spinning::spinning::spinning:

Btw Ltown I also got punked by the rumours about the CON shampoo however everytime I go to my local BSS there is than damn shampoo sticking its toungue out and staring at me :nono:. Never again will I buy more than 1 of anything, if its gone its gone and I will just have to find something else. :yep:

Anyway in other news..... I have been looking at your list ltown and its the ish.... Do you plan on using all the more organic products such as the Hairveda/ Afroveda etc bc they have a limited life span.

Also are the Giovanni direct leave ins you have still the old formula.....:sekret: would you consider a swap or parting with some.... I was planning to try this stuff and people say the old formula (sans Aloe is good).....

*slips quietly out of post*....

Me to the bold. I don't like Hairveda and the only thing I like from Afroveda is the oils. I don't have lot of it, I brought the sample kit so there small jars/bottles. I have not used the sample custard jars but I'll swap or give it to you. So far I don't think the custards are for me, I tried miss jessie di nothing for but than again I'm was not fully natural so it maybe the relax ends. I'll be fully natural this weekend cutting the 2" in the front I've been holding on. I don't know what new's in giovanni but it's probably older since I've been getting it from TJ max, love it. Do you need some? I'm at work so I'll hit you back later(sneaking):grin:

Me to the bold. I don't like Hairveda and the only thing I like from Afroveda is the oils. I don't have lot of it, I brought the sample kit so there small jars/bottles. I have not used the sample custard jars but I'll swap or give it to you. So far I don't think the custards are for me, I tried miss jessie di nothing for but than again I'm was not fully natural so it maybe the relax ends. I'll be fully natural this weekend cutting the 2" in the front I've been holding on. I don't know what new's in giovanni but it's probably older since I've been getting it from TJ max, love it. Do you need some? I'm at work so I'll hit you back later(sneaking):grin:

Thanks ltown would be great to talk about the Giovanni later :yep: :sekret:

Updated my list...have finished the Joico K-Pak reconstructor. I really like this, and would consider having this as my staple reconstructor between the hard protein treatments :yep:

Mimi22 is a wicked woman...I really wanna try the White Camellia Conditioner... :lick: (blows hard into a plastic bag!!!)

Updated my list...have finished the Joico K-Pak reconstructor. I really like this, and would consider having this as my staple reconstructor between the hard protein treatments :yep:

Mimi22 is a wicked woman...I really wanna try the White Camellia Conditioner... :lick: (blows hard into a plastic bag!!!)
Is this a leave in?

I cant believe i missed this:sad: I guess im going to join the next session!

I need to get rid of my stuff so i can start stocking up on staples, i know that sounds bad:lachen: But i have finally found the right products for my hair so now i NEED to get rid of the bad/old stuff!

^^ You can unofficially join.. we like the company

I used up my Hair one tea tree...

If anyone is looking to buy this in the future...
If you wondering if it cleans, yes it does.. just like shampoo
The only thing I don't like about it.. is that it takes to long to foam. You have to follow the directions, which require you to pump 30-40 times, then work into a foam consistently.... this may take awhile........ With roommates :perplexed and my own patients I can't spend that long in the shower washing hair. Other wise it was a pretty good product :yep:

Giovanni Green tea trea is almost like the same thing, however it lather faster and smells way better. Oh and it also has no cones. It doesn't "condition", but that what i got all these conditioners for :grin:

UpDaTe: I'm basically stagnant. I haven't bought anything but I'm not using up anything either. I'll probably co wash my weave and try to use up the rest of this tub of Lustersilk. I've had it since 2007. :ohwell:

Last edited:
I cant believe i missed this:sad: I guess im going to join the next session!

I need to get rid of my stuff so i can start stocking up on staples, i know that sounds bad:lachen: But i have finally found the right products for my hair so now i NEED to get rid of the bad/old stuff!

No worries PearlyCurly I will add you to the list. Please fill in the required info (see the first page) . We could do with the extra support around these parts.

I already failed this challenge. :lachen:

This is the thing though...

See what had happened was :look: LMAO

what did you buy......:rolleyes:............. we promise we won't be upset ..... :)spank: :evillaugh:)

UpDaTe: I'm basically stagnant. I haven't bought anything but I'm not using up anything either. I'll probably co wash my weave and try to use up the rest of this tub of Lustersilk. I've had it since 2007. :ohwell:

Loulou you are not stagnant - just in progress.....:cool2: BTW is that Lustrasilk safe to use...... I say that because I already had a mishap with some spoiled product and it took a few weeks for my weave to recover....

Minor updates: and I keep finding thing.

Conditioners
Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor (mild protein
Jason Natural Biotin Conditioner
Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild protein)
Neutragena Triple Moisture Mask
Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate protein
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (protein
Giovanni smooth as silk
Elasta DRP
Giovanni Reconstructor
Biosilk smoothing
Aphogee reconstructor
Aphogee 2 min
Sunsilk hyrda
Mill Creek biotin
Healthy sexy hair
aussie conditioner
Aussie 3min
Yes to carrot mask
Yes to carrot conditioner
Herbal essense long
Hair one

Leave ins
Giovanni Direct leave in
Cantu shea leave in (5 left)
Infusion (gone)

healthy Sexy (gone
Neutrgena leave in
Rusk calm

Shampoo
VO 5 strawsberry and cream
VO 5 tea therapy

VO 5 clarify
VO 5 Herbal escape
Nature Made
Healthy sexy hair Pumpkin

Ayurveda
Amla
Hibiscus
Brahmi
Fenugreek
Maka
Shikaki

Moisturizer Oil
Afroveda Skikaki elixir
Afroveda Hibiscus
Afroveda Sunsilk
Afroved Priti
Vatika oil
Hairveda vatika
carrot creme
Cantu strenthening
Hawaiian silky 14-1
Elasta Recovery

Custard
Afroveda totally twisted
Afroveda Curly custard
Cocolatte mask
Qhemet burdock root
Qhemet Amla heavy
Mizani H2O

Gel
Fantancia IC serum
Fantancia IC gel
Twist and lock

enhancer:
wheat protein
silk protein

Last edited:
I already failed this challenge. :lachen:

This is the thing though...

See what had happened was :look: LMAO

LOL, whenever a story/excuse starts like that, you know it's going to be good. :lachen:

Anyway, don't feel too bad...if you only bought one thing, than you can just chalk it up to your monthly pass. :yep:
If you bought more than one...well...addiction is a disease. :look:

What you bought though? :sekret:

Its a hard challenge

Well what happened maybe we can learn from your mistake take

what you buy :rofl:

Okay so basically I bought 3 bottles of Alagio Silk Obsessions Silk Leave-in Detangler, 1 bottle of Alterna Life Restore conditioner, 1 7oz bottle of Colortek Color Refresher Hair Repair conditioner, 1 bottle of Multiplicity Reflect Shine conditioner, and 1 professional sized bottle of Nexxus Emergencee. :look:

LOL, whenever a story/excuse starts like that, you know it's going to be good. :lachen:

Anyway, don't feel too bad...if you only bought one thing, than you can just chalk it up to your monthly pass. :yep:
If you bought more than one...well...addiction is a disease. :look:

What you bought though? :sekret:

What if I bought 7 things. :perplexed :lachen:

I posted my purchases in my above response. I needed the Emergencee though. And the other items were $2 and $3 at Big Lots and Marshalls. I couldn't pass them up! :lol: The Alterna was $5 but that was an excellent price too. You know I just couldn't leave it on the shelf. :rolleyes:

Esq, don't feel bad we PJ can't help it. That why I only sign up for one session I would never last long. I love trying out products! That why I'm also in the PJ support group.

i'm just logging on now and 24 pages is a bit too much to read all of at this particular moment (on my way out the door).....

any ideas on how to use up the stash so as not to waste?

i don't use mineral oil products or petrolatum stuff any more, BUT i was thinking about relaxer time.....THEN i can use those things to coat my previously relaxed hair to stop overflow, right?
(since they are soooo good at blocking stuff from entering your hairshaft anyway, right)

waht about leftover hairspray....?
must have about 7 bottles of that.....what a pj....

thanks for the advice ladies!

i'm just logging on now and 24 pages is a bit too much to read all of at this particular moment (on my way out the door).....

i don't use mineral oil products or petrolatum stuff any more, BUT i was thinking about relaxer time.....THEN i can use those things to coat my previously relaxed hair to stop overflow, right?
(since they are soooo good at blocking stuff from entering your hairshaft anyway, right)

Shampoo can be used as bubble bath, shower gel, toilet bowl/bathtub cleanser etc.

Conditioner can be use as shaving cream.

Other members will probably have some more good suggestions.

Shampoo can be used as bubble bath, shower gel, toilet bowl/bathtub cleanser etc.

Conditioner can be use as shaving cream.

Other members will probably have some more good suggestions.

THANK YOU Esq.2B!

i never thought about those uses! with the decision to stop using sls shampoo, i've got loads of the stuff....now it doesn't have to go to waste!

Thanks!

p.s. any ladies with ideas about the leftover hairspray? i know that one is tough....a friend of mine told me i could set my hair with it, but i think it might be to drying on my hair as a setting lotion....has anyone tried this?

Okay so basically I bought 3 bottles of Alagio Silk Obsessions Silk Leave-in Detangler, 1 bottle of Alterna Life Restore conditioner, 1 7oz bottle of Colortek Color Refresher Hair Repair conditioner, 1 bottle of Multiplicity Reflect Shine conditioner, and 1 professional sized bottle of Nexxus Emergencee. :look:

Omg, I saw that today too.. it was hard to pass up too (its on my list tho...) ... don't ask why I was in a beauty supply store tho :sekret:

Don't worry! When you fall off the horse you just get back right on ...
if you want too haha :grin:

Last edited:

Um Leave in I try to mix in with my lotions....
Conditioner I use to shave, one time I put Vo5 on the bottle of the bottle of my foot.. lol it made it smooth ... and not cracking from winter dryness :lachen:
Shampoos... body wash or cleaning surface like the sink leave it with a cool scent.. for like 6 hrs....

Hairspray, it depend but sometimes if it smells good i use it as air freshener ... if I don't like it

other wise I'd give it away, or trash it

Nice haul Esq.2B...That Alagio sounds like good stuff!!! Makes me wanna stop by my Marshalls and Maxx this weekend. --c

Back