Anyone up for a "Use up your stash in 2010" challenge?

It's snowing here so I've done alot of using products and will try IDareToHair technique using up the stash. I mixed up a DC of AOWC, AM with honeyquat for my steamer, empty the bottles into one jar which will allow me two more DC this weeks.

That's actually not a bad idea........... ummmm...... :thought:

So... I'm just curious ladies... What did you buy with your month pass this month? and are you happy with it?

I wasted mine on something I didn't even need or like:violin: total impulse buy..
IC Fantasia Heat protectant serum... I like Chi Silk infusion better
Not happy with that purchase

I havent bought anything and I wanna keep it like that for the rest of this challenge. Heck I am having a hard enought time using the products I got now, so I dont need anymore.

I am going to try to up my DCs to 2x/wk and see if I can get some of this stuff out the way. Or either I will go back up to my DC and cowash 1x/wk each. Mmmm I think I will go with the last one.

I haven't used any free passes. I am acting as if there aren't any so that I don't "justify" an unnecessary purchases. If something breaks or gets spilled, I will activate my TJTDB button. :grin:

For the month of January, my product usage includes three bottles of supplements (amino acids, iron, hydrolyzed collagen), a 2 oz jar of sulfur cream and a 8 oz bottle of scalp cleansing rinse. The product usage is a surprise, considering I did the whole pretreat, cleansing and DCing just about every other day.

However, I think I'm on target to use a lot more stash in February. I reorganized yesterday and I found that I have several 1/4 filled bottles of product that I can introduce to my regi over the next few weeks. My plan is to finish up the open containers, but also use products within the same line. I've got a few shampoo/condish, condish/leave-in pairs that will work with my no-cone Veda-inspired regi.

Since I rejoined LHCF last October and started my personal Veda challenge in November, I've noticed less breakage. However, super LHCF-style growth still seems to be elusive. I'll wait until the the end of March to do an evaluation.

I need to add a few samples that I purchased b4 the challenge and forgot when I took pics. I didn't purchase any products in January but I did get a new Denman with my $5 Sally's coupon. I also bought a hairagmi. its a slap bracelet for ur hair.

I'm thinkin about keepin my hair stretched for a while cuz I've had way too many single strand knots. I don't want a setback. my hair is almost at the top of my bra stretched (< 1/4"). So I'm not sure how much product will get used up in february.

Yeah I think Joico make a leave-in too.

WHY???????????????? C'mon girl ???????????

Anyways so tell us about the new stuff? Do you like it? That is some haul I tell you. Were you possessed or something?

LMBO!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think I waaaas possessed!!! :perplexed

I was out of town on a business trip and I saw the Alagio stuff at Big Lots. It was sooo cheap and it looked soooo good. I just had to have it. :drunk:

The other stuff was really cheap too. Like $2-$5 in Marshalls (or was it TJ Maxx?). I "needed" the Nexxus Emergencee to do my monthly treatment (eventhough I still had another application left from my last bottle). :nono:

Idk what got into me. :lachen:

Plus I purchased a liter bottle of TIGI Dumb Blonde Reconstructor this weekend at Marshalls. It was a good deal. You know I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

I am not officially in this challenge but I wanted to share that if you deep condition on dry hair, you tend to use more conditioner which will help you go through your products faster. That is what i have been doing and it has helped me decrease my conditioners stash a lot :grin:.

Maybe I'll do this w/ my Alterna Hemp Hydrate because I don't think I like it anymore. There's a lot of slip when it's wet but it doesn't leave my hair moist as long as some other products. Or maybe it's because I don't have a fresh relaxer. Either way, I'm gonna try this. Hopefully it works because I have about 8 bottles of this stuff to use up. :drunk:

Nice haul Esq.2B...That Alagio sounds like good stuff!!! Makes me wanna stop by my Marshalls and Maxx this weekend. --c

Thaanks :grin:

The Alagio is in Big Lots though, not TJXX/Marshalls. You know, just in case you needed to know. :sekret:

Maybe I'll do this w/ my Alterna Hemp Hydrate because I don't think I like it anymore. There's a lot of slip when it's wet but it doesn't leave my hair moist as long as some other products. Or maybe it's because I don't have a fresh relaxer. Either way, I'm gonna try this. Hopefully it works because I have about 8 bottles of this stuff to use up. :drunk:
8 bottles, you should sell some!

I'm starting to feel my PJism spilling over into other stuff.
When I was just indulging it, it confined itself to hair products, but it's starting to creep into nail stuff, which I never really cared about until recently.
I need to just freeze my Visa card in a block of ice and leave it at that. :nono:

LMBO!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think I waaaas possessed!!! :perplexed

I was out of town on a business trip and I saw the Alagio stuff at Big Lots. It was sooo cheap and it looked soooo good. I just had to have it. :drunk:

The other stuff was really cheap too. Like $2-$5 in Marshalls (or was it TJ Maxx?). I "needed" the Nexxus Emergencee to do my monthly treatment (eventhough I still had another application left from my last bottle). :nono:

Idk what got into me. :lachen:

Plus I purchased a liter bottle of TIGI Dumb Blonde Reconstructor this weekend at Marshalls. It was a good deal. You know I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Ladies I think an intervention is needed here. Repeat after me ;

My name is Esq.2B and I am a PJ. I have attempted to be clean not for......

8 bottles, you should sell some!

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Who has 8 bottles of what and why???

When I was just indulging it, it confined itself to hair products, but it's starting to creep into nail stuff, which I never really cared about until recently.
I need to just freeze my Visa card in a block of ice and leave it at that. :nono:

I know how you feel I have recently started buying more make up and nail polishes, although not nearly as much as hair prods.

I am really liking this challenge, I feel like I found some of my staples (the Joico products). You were right about the K-PAK Chaos. My hair tells me I need to get back on it after about every 5 - 6 days towards wash day so it is kinda slapping me in the face by the weekends !!! :lachen:

I think when I have worked through more stuff I am going to try some of the AO products and the Giovanni products. i-Herb is doing good prices on these prods at the moment. :yep:

I know how you feel I have recently started buying more make up and nail polishes, although not nearly as much as hair prods.

I am really liking this challenge, I feel like I found some of my staples (the Joico products). You were right about the K-PAK Chaos. My hair tells me I need to get back on it after about every 5 - 6 days towards wash day so it is kinda slapping me in the face by the weekends !!! :lachen:

I think when I have worked through more stuff I am going to try some of the AO products and the Giovanni products. i-Herb is doing good prices on these prods at the moment. :yep:

Me too, maybe it just that we found our staple or product we like for our hair and now we can focus on beauty product needs. I'm back on the nail polish kick and changing colors every weeks is neat.

Success Story:

I cowashed every other day for the past week and used up 1 full bottle of VO5 conditioner and finished off 3 other partial bottles.

At this rate I can use up all my stuff in about 4-6 weeks :)

I bought some travel sized bottles and I am bottling up smaller bottles of my Dr.Bronner's liquid soap to give away.

I feel so much better!!

Last edited:
Wait, what did yall say about Joico K-pak? :look: I've been wanting to try it (assuming you guys are talking about the reconstructor), but I'm going to wait until I use up at least 2 bottles of reconstructor. (((sigh)))

Don't feel bad; I am the same way.

I go through 3 pj phases: hair, makeup, and nails. I'm out of my make-up pj phase (for now). I'm slowly creeping back into the nails phase. I'm trying to stay out of the hair phase.

Sometimes, I think I should just give up on trying to stop being a pj. Being a pj with beauty products just comes natural to me.

Me too, maybe it just that we found our staple or product we like for our hair and now we can focus on beauty product needs. I'm back on the nail polish kick and changing colors every weeks is neat.

ITA... but isn't that a nice thing that we can now do other beauty stuff with the money we are saving. I also feel like I leave my hair alone a lot more now and just do what needs to be done as opposed to obsessing about what to buy or try next. :yep:

Success Story:

I cowashed every other day for the past week and used up 1 full bottle of VO5 conditioner and finished off 3 other partial bottles.

I bought some travel sized bottles and I am bottling up smaller bottles of my Dr.Bronner's liquid soap to give away.

I feel so much better!!

:yay: Looking good :cool2:

Wait, what did yall say about Joico K-pak? I've been wanting to try it (assuming you guys are talking about the reconstructor), but I'm going to wait until I use up at least 2 bottles of reconstructor. (((sigh)))

Esq.2B shame on you for even considering that K-PAK after your recent shenanigans :naughty:

Don't feel bad; I am the same way.

I go through 3 pj phases: hair, makeup, and nails. I'm out of my make-up pj phase (for now). I'm slowly creeping back into the nails phase. I'm trying to stay out of the hair phase.

Sometimes, I think I should just give up on trying to stop being a pj. Being a pj with beauty products just comes natural to me.

Hey Priss Pott so nice to have you stop by :wave:

Btw you look so pretty in your siggie pic :kiss:

Last edited:
Success Story:

I feel so much better!!

I think I'm about to start co-washing every other day too, especially since I work out. Some products I don't want to use up right away though; I actually want them to last me, like my TIGI Moisture Maniac.

I may start off with these excess conditioners that I have, like DevaCare One Conditioner and then move onto Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose.

Ahahaha! I told you about that K-Pak. Smh, slandering its good name.
I'm really glad that you actually do like it though. :yep:

Wait, what did yall say about Joico K-pak? :look: I've been wanting to try it (assuming you guys are talking about the reconstructor), but I'm going to wait until I use up at least 2 bottles of reconstructor. (((sigh)))

LOL. I hope you really stay away from it though! You may need more than an intervention; I think you need an exorcism!! :rofl:

That makes sense. :yep:
And about the color changing, yeahh!! I've been lurking in the Nail Fanatic thread, and I love how often everyone changes up their colors. I see you in there too.

I'm so excited to be able to do that...like give myself manicures like that. I stopped growing and painting my nails two years ago, so right now, I have no nail polish. I just have one file, some cuticle oil, and a buffer. I have some orders coming in though, so soon I'll have some colors. I've been looking at all the nail blogs making lists of what colors I like. I'm telling you...it's another addiction. I can feel it. ;_;

ETA: Priss Pot, I love your siggy picture. You're so pretty.

Success Story:

I feel so much better!!

Good idea, I'm going to start back co washing more I stop because of the weather and that is the only reason I have a stash of cheapie conditioners. I'm always going to have a stash of the good stuff Stellagirl76:grin:

I think I need this!
I was thinking I won't buy any new products until July.
So far, I need to use up alot of conditioners I have lying about half-full.
I also have a big bottle of Rusk Sensories Smoother leave-in to give away (I'm in the UK, ladies). I used up one of these over the end of last year and I CANNOT go through the other one! :eek2:
I also have to use up my elasta QP mango butter as I am still waiting for my Afroveda Vata collection and hair butters mini collection to arrive. :yep:
Imuat look through my closet for a more thorough assessment of my hair product status.

*off to search*

Hey ladies.. was thinking I need to get ApHogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner because I'm starting to realize that my hair loves protein (don't know why :sad:, every time I go on a moisture only/heavy diet, i always get stretchy hair.. and fast)

Anyone had any good experience with it? or any other suggestions

Hey ladies.. was thinking I need to get ApHogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner because I'm starting to realize that my hair loves protein (don't know why :sad:, every time I go on a moisture only/heavy diet, i always get stretchy hair.. and fast)

Anyone had any good experience with it? or any other suggestions

I have not used it. I like the 2 minute thingy and liked it but as far as the leave in nope sorry. But I am sure some of the ladies here will pipe up !!!

:bump:
:sekret: where is everyone?

One more month for me:grin:

All red is gone

Conditioners
Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor (mild protein
Jason Natural Biotin Conditioner
Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild protein)
Neutragena Triple Moisture Mask
Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate protein
Silicon Mix Conditioner(gone)
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (protein
Giovanni smooth as silk
Elasta DRP
Giovanni Reconstructor
Biosilk smoothing
Aphogee reconstructor
Aphogee 2 min
Sunsilk hyrda
Mill Creek biotin
Healthy sexy hair
aussie conditioner
Aussie 3min
Yes to carrot mask
Yes to carrot conditioner
Herbal essense
Hair one

Leave ins
Giovanni Direct leave in
Cantu shea leave in (5 left)
Infusion (gone)
healthy Sexy (gone
Neutrgena leave in
Rusk calm

Shampoo
VO 5 strawsberry and cream (gone)
VO 5 tea therapy (2 left)
VO 5 clarify
VO 5 Herbal escape
Nature Made
Healthy sexy hair Pumpkin

Ayurveda
Amla
Hibiscus
Brahmi
Fenugreek
Maka
Shikaki(gone)

Moisturizer Oil
Afroveda Skikaki elixir
Afroveda Hibiscus
Afroveda Sunsilk
Afroved Priti
Vatika oil
Hairveda vatika gone
carrot creme
Cantu strenthening
Hawaiian silky 14-1
Elasta Recovery

Custard
Afroveda totally twisted
Afroveda Curly custard
Cocolatte mask
Qhemet burdock root(gone)
Qhemet Amla heavy

Gel
Fantancia IC serum
Fantancia IC gel
Twist and lock

enhancer:
wheat protein
silk protein

Last edited:
Shampoo
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning (Green-2 bottles)
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair
ION Color Defense Shampoo

Conditioner
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment (12/22/09)
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
Organic Root Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
Generic Value Products Conditioning Balm (Matrix Biolage)
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Crème of Nature Nourishing Conditioner (2/5/10)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
ION Reconstructor Treatment
ION Color Defense Intense Moisture Daily Hydrating Conditioner
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle Moisture Treatment (2 bottles)
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner
Suave Humectent

Leave-In/Moisturizer
Generic Value Products The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
ApHogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner
ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
HairVeda Whipped Cream
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream (12/24/09)
Infusium 23 (1/17/10)
ION Color Defense Leave-In Protector
CHI Keratin Mist

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Castro & EVOO Mix (1/1/10)
Safflower Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil
Amla Lite
Vatika Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Shikakai Powder (12/30/09)
Henna (1/1/10)
Brahmi
Indigo

Other
CHI Silk Infusion
CHI 44 Iron Guard
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Oil Sheen
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Ampro Pro Styl Gel

***Used up my CON while DCing***

I have been slacking on my hair b/c of school, I need to find a good routine that works for me.

Last edited:
I am finna start going down the list on these things LOL.....
Organic Root Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner will be nxt since this is the nxt DC on the list.

Back