Anyone up for a "Use up your stash in 2010" challenge?

Oh Lawd there is another product rave and I am trying so hard to resist...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=10088096#post10088096

:lachen:Oh no
Is it the Wen or the LTR?
If you watch the Wen instructional DVD on youtube you'll find it takes quiet a bit of time to wash the hair verse traditional shampoo, because you have to wait until it starts to foaming

Look at the instructional video.. Starts at 3 mins, look like a lot of manipulation, esp the raking and pulling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv-HfMT9Hao&feature=related

^^^ We're here.

I think the PJ's have spilled their PJism elsewhere into makeup and nails.... :lol:

:nono::nono:
We need some professional help...why we always gotta buy stuff?! :lachen:

Oh Lawd there is another product rave and I am trying so hard to resist...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=10088096#post10088096

I got my LTR, and Wen has never interested me. So :hand:, rave reviews. :cool:

Also, wow congrats ltown and ms. B!!
You guys are really getting through stuff! I guess because you all are co-washers?

You guys are really getting through stuff! I guess because you all are co-washers?

Hold the congrats Chaosbutterfly, I just ordered some products. I sitting here in this snow storm board looking at all the sales on juicy:lick: natural products.

I'm not going to make it to next month:nono:

^^^ We're here.

I think the PJ's have spilled their PJism elsewhere into makeup and nails.... :lol:

The last time I was in Target I had to walk past the hair aisles. It was so hard to just walk past so I ended up going down the aisle plus the aisles before and after. I ended up getting lip gloss (like I need another) and bath products. I am supposed to be on a personal challenge to narrow down my bath and face products and get staples but my skin is so dry with this winter air so I needed different products. No more hair or bath products until I finish what I have (unless there's an emergency :rolleyes:)

Wow Stella!!! I'm really impressed with all the stuff you have sold? Have you made enough money to purchase your steamer?

^^^ We're here.

:look: Umm... yeah. :sekret: I'm into having really pretty feet at the moment. But at least nail polish and spa tools are on the cheaper end. I can even use the oils that were originally intended for my hair on my nails and toes. :grin:

:look: Umm... yeah. :sekret: I'm into having really pretty feet at the moment. But at least nail polish and spa tools are on the cheaper end. I can even use the oils that were originally intended for my hair on my nails and toes. :grin:

Me too...I've been using a castor oil/sulfur mix that I made for my hair to soften my feet and heels. It's a keeper. :yep:

Me too...I've been using a castor oil/sulfur mix that I made for my hair to soften my feet and heels. It's a keeper. :yep:

Me three! I use sweet almond oil to soak my cuticles and nails. And I use my shea butter blend on my hands and feet.

I used a pass yesterday but brought more than one. But I used up three product today, mixing ayurveda powders with conditioners. I'm remove things from the list looks better:grin:

Conditioners
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango
Jason Natural Biotin Conditioner
Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild protein)
Neutragena Triple Moisture Mask
Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate protein
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (protein
Elasta DRP
Giovanni Reconstructor
Biosilk smoothing
Aphogee reconstructor
Aphogee 2 min
Mill Creek biotin
Yes to carrot conditioner
Herbal essense
Hair one

Leave ins
Giovanni Direct leave in
Cantu shea leave in (5 left)gone
Infusion
Neutrgena leave in
Rusk calm

Shampoo
VO 5 tea therapy (2 left)
VO 5 clarify
VO 5 Herbal escape
Nature Made(gone)

Ayurveda
Amla
Hibiscus
Brahmi
Fenugreek

Moisturizer Oil
Afroveda Skikaki elixir
Afroveda Hibiscus
Afroveda Sunsilk
Afroved Priti
Vatika oil
carrot creme
Cantu strenthening
Hawaiian silky 14-1
Elasta Recovery

Custard
Afroveda totally twisted
Afroveda Curly custard
Cocolatte mask
Qhemet Amla heavy

Last edited:
Hey ladies, how you all doing. This week has been a quiet week for me on the hair front. I am at the end of my sew in and taking it town tomorrow, so thought I might as well DC when I take it down.

I went swimming a few times this week as I knew I was at the end of my sew in hair (after 4 months - this Goddess Remi is holding up quite well :yep:). So anyway I have been using my condishes as cowashes after swimming (and a little diluted Nexxus Aloe rid before hand).

Hair is not looking its best after my swimming sessions (I think this hair does not like chlorine).

Anyway this week I have used up my Aussie 3 minute miracle and I am now at the bottom of my Humectress. I actually really liked the Aussie 3 minute stuff :lick: I will probably get completely down to the end of that when I wash and DC.... Btw It actually is a good product for the price and apparently can be used as a DC...

I am also making my oil scalp mix tomorow for my Castor Oil challange. I have been using it mixed with whatever I have thus far but I now mave my Emu Oil....:yay: I am also thinking what to spend my pass on this month..... I can't decide on Nioxin Follicle Booster or Joico Clinicure.....???

Finally I also bought a 2oz sample of Mega Tek :sekret: ........ I feel so guilty..... I just got into a frenzy reading all the MT threads and before I knew it I was clicking buy it now and entering my PayPal details....:perplexed:blush:

Me three! I use sweet almond oil to soak my cuticles and nails. And I use my shea butter blend on my hands and feet.

Me too :lick: :yep:

Yay well done ladies !!! I so need help aslo my makeup spending has gone completely crazy. My DH commented the other day that I seemed to have a lot of eye-shadows :blush:

Wow Stella!!! I'm really impressed with all the stuff you have sold? Have you made enough money to purchase your steamer?

Yay - isn't it cool !!! - I have made about 1,000 GBP (about $1,500) on selling stuff around the house so far on eBay and other free ad sites and I still have so much more to sell !!!

I also have a Prada wallet that I have never used still in its fancy packaging. I am thinking of selling it, but have heard of so many eBay horror stories of people selling stuff and then money being withdrawn back from their PayPal account .... Ladies have you had exp of selling high value items on eBay?

I used a pass yesterday but brought more than one. But I used up three product today, mixing ayurveda powders with conditioners. I'm remove things from the list looks better:grin:

Conditioners
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor (mild protein
Jason Natural Biotin Conditioner
Mills Creek Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild protein)
Neutragena Triple Moisture Mask
Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate protein
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (protein
Elasta DRP
Giovanni Reconstructor
Biosilk smoothing
Aphogee reconstructor
Aphogee 2 min
Mill Creek biotin
Yes to carrot conditioner
Herbal essense
Hair one

Leave ins
Giovanni Direct leave in
Cantu shea leave in (5 left)
Infusion
Neutrgena leave in
Rusk calm

Shampoo
VO 5 tea therapy (2 left)
VO 5 clarify
VO 5 Herbal escape
Nature Made

Ayurveda
Amla
Hibiscus
Brahmi
Fenugreek

Moisturizer Oil
Afroveda Skikaki elixir
Afroveda Hibiscus
Afroveda Sunsilk
Afroved Priti
Vatika oil
carrot creme
Cantu strenthening
Hawaiian silky 14-1
Elasta Recovery

Custard
Afroveda totally twisted
Afroveda Curly custard
Cocolatte mask
Qhemet Amla heavy

Wow ltown :yay: :clap: - that is looking AMAZING !!! :shocked:

Last edited:
:lachen:Oh no
Is it the Wen or the LTR?
If you watch the Wen instructional DVD on youtube you'll find it takes quiet a bit of time to wash the hair verse traditional shampoo, because you have to wait until it starts to foaming

Look at the instructional video.. Starts at 3 mins, look like a lot of manipulation, esp the raking and pulling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv-HfMT9Hao&feature=related

Just seen this video and so glad I did not succumb... that looks like WAY too much work. I look forward to my wash and DC days.... that ish right there could traumatize me forever....:ohwell:

Yay - isn't it cool !!! - I have made about 1,000 GBP (about $1,500) on selling stuff around the house so far on eBay and other free ad sites and I still have so much more to sell !!!

WOW, CONGRATS!!
That's so much money!! Think of all the products you could buy with that! :clap:

Also, my shea butter mixture is gone. It's been really cold over here with the snow storm, and there's very little heat in my room, so I took my shea butter mixture to the kitchen to warm and soften it up. There's a radiator in there, so I left the butter next to it. It was there overnight, and when I came back in the morning to get it, it was gone! Smh, why they took my shea butter?!

WOW, CONGRATS!!
That's so much money!! Think of all the products you could buy with that! :clap:

Also, my shea butter mixture is gone. It's been really cold over here with the snow storm, and there's very little heat in my room, so I took my shea butter mixture to the kitchen to warm and soften it up. There's a radiator in there, so I left the butter next to it. It was there overnight, and when I came back in the morning to get it, it was gone! Smh, why they took my shea butter?!

I hope your roomie (the one with the relaxer mishap) did not eat it thinking it was butter. Boy then she'll really be giving you the side-eye....

Actually come to think of it she is probably pre-pooing or moisturising with it as we speak....

I'm reposting my list because I had to add quite a few samples that I ordered before the challenge started. I'm almost finished with a poo and DC. I think I may poo again mid-week just to get rid of them.

Shampoos
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture
Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin Extreme Moisture
KMS Daily Fixx clarifying
Tresemme Moisture Rich
Garnier Fructis Moisture Works
Vitamin Hydrating Noni Berry & Lemongrass
Nexxus Pep'R'Mint shampoo (in leavein pic)

Conditioners
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Nexxus Humectress
Pantene Curls
VO5
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Vitamin Hydrating Noni Berry & Lemongrass
Vitamin Smoothing Mangosteen & Yogurt finished 1/25/10
Vitamin Nutritional Acai Berry & Guava
Garnier Fructis Moisture Works x3
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Aveda Smooth Infusion
Nutrine Garlic Conditioner
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine
Garnier Fructis Length & Strength finished 1/4/10
Aussie Moist
Organix Coconut Milk
Suave Humectant
Suave coconut
Giovanni Tea Tree sample
Giovanni Smooth as Silk sample

Treatments
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator
Joico K-pak Reconstruct
Organix Coconut milk self heating oil
Aussie 3 minute miracle
Motions Silk Penetrating deep conditioned finished 2/6/10
Motions CPR finished 2/17/10
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol x2
GVP Joico K-pak Reconstructor
Roux Porosity Control sample
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisture treatment sample
Natural Instincts Color treat conditioner x2
ApHogee 2 step protein treatment sample
Aveeno moisture shampoo and conditioner sample
Biolage Conditioning balm and Hydrating shampoo samples
Nexxus Phyto Organics Theratin & Humectin sample
GVP Paul Mitchell The Detangler
Bragg Liquid Aminos
Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive restructuring treatment (in leave in pic)
Elasta QP DPR-11 (not pictured)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask finished 2/10/10
Burts Bees Pre shampoo treatment
John Frieda clear gloss

Leave-ins and others
Rusk Smoother Leave-in
Lottabody Wrap & Tap
Maxius Cli-Max Leave-n
Rusk Str8
African Pride Leave-in Conditioner
Motions Leave-in finsihed 1/13/10
Aveda Finishing gloss spray
Chi silk infusion
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Cantu shea butter leave-in
ORS Olive Oil Spray
Fantasia IC gel with sparkles x2
Motions Foaming wrap lotion x2
Nexxus Phyto Organics OmniStyler design liquid
Beyond the Zone Straight Shot
Redken power tame 16 Intense Straightening Balm
Sabino Moisture Block
Wave Nouveau Smooth Edges gel
Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomade
Aveda Brilliant Humectant pomade
KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Glossifier
DevaCurl moisture lock set it free
Optimum Oil Therapy either hair & scalp quencher or dry hair healer (no label)
Maxius Beyond straight
Infusium 23 hair spray
African Pride Braid spray
Motions color return conditioner
CHI 44 Iron Guard
Maxius Serum
Sulfur 8 braid spray
Sulfur 8 anti-dandruff hair & scalp conditioner
vegetable glycerin
Qhemet Karkady Tea Replenishing mist

Oils & Butters
a few oils (rosemary, peppermint, lavendar, vitamin e)
shea butter
Castor Oil
Elasta QP Mango butter
Dr. Miracle's Hot Gro x2
Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream 2 oz finished 1/27/10
Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee 2 oz
Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream 2 oz
Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm 2 oz
Qhemet Castor & Moringa softenin serum 2oz
Afroveda Hemp Seed Butter
Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir 2oz
SunSilk Citrus Hair Oil 2oz
Priti Bodhi Rice Bran Hair Oil 2 oz
Hibiscus Hair Infusion 2 oz

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Brahmi oil
Dabur Vatika oil
Dabur Amla oil
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay (Benonite)
Shikkai powder
Henna powder (not pictured)

Styling products
Pantene anti frizz curl shaper
Finesse curl defining mousse
Garnier Fructis curl scultping cream gel (1 finished 1/19/10) x2
Got2b SO Smooth smoothing serum anti frizz treatment
ORS Carrot Oil sample
Let's Jam sculpting liquid wax sample
Aussie Dual personality spray gel + leave-in
Aussie split personality Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner
Aveda Brilliant Retexxurizing gel
Beyond the Zone Stiff Head
EcoStyler gel
ORS lock & twist gel
DevaCurl Angell
Let's Jam gel
Aloe Vera gel
Wet n Wave Frizz Free Curl & Wave Mousse

Last edited:
I hope your roomie (the one with the relaxer mishap) did not eat it thinking it was butter. Boy then she'll really be giving you the side-eye....

Actually come to think of it she is probably pre-pooing or moisturising with it as we speak....

LOL!!
That girl isn't my roommate!! If she was, I'd probably not even be here right now, because she would have killed me in my sleep. Damn that girl hates me....the looks she gives me in the hall...:nono: :lachen:

But just an update, she ended up cutting it all off, and her hair is looking way better. And according to her roommate, the girl is DCing with the Hair Mayo every two weeks, so I think when her hair grows back, it will be better anyway.

But someone somewhere is rubbing my shea butter all over themselves, getting all smooth and shiny, while I sit here with dry feet and elbows. :angry2:

My stash as of today

I'll have to admit trying to use up stuff is overwhelming :whyme:Why did I get some much stuff

Shampoo
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple
Hair one Finished:woot:
Ion Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioners
Herbal Essences Long Term relationship 23.7 OZ
Vo5 Finished:woot:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk (A Gallon + 8.5 oz bottle)
Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment (1 & 2/10th a bottle)
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
aphogee two step protein treatment
Silicon Mix Finished:woot:
Nexxus Humectress 5 oz. (3/5) (New Formula)
Nexxus Humectress 16 oz. (Old formula)
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying 16 oz.
Aussie Moist (1 Liter (3/5)) (I'll never finish this :nono:)
Nexxus Emergencee 3.3 oz
CHI Infra Treatment Thermal Protective Treatment

Leave in
Giovanni Direct Leave in
Herbal Essences Long term relationship Leave in
Chi Keratin Mist
ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
NTM Silk Touch Leave in
Lacio Lacio

Hair Oils
Argan Oil
JBCO Finished:woot:
JBCO

Other stuff
Chi Shine Infusion
Chi Straight guard
Chi Silk Infusion
GVP Silk Remedy
Garnier fructis Mouse
Nexxus Heat protect
IC Heat protectant

Last edited:
LOL!!
That girl isn't my roommate!! If she was, I'd probably not even be here right now, because she would have killed me in my sleep. Damn that girl hates me....the looks she gives me in the hall...:nono: :lachen:

But just an update, she ended up cutting it all off, and her hair is looking way better. And according to her roommate, the girl is DCing with the Hair Mayo every two weeks, so I think when her hair grows back, it will be better anyway.

But someone somewhere is rubbing my shea butter all over themselves, getting all smooth and shiny, while I sit here with dry feet and elbows. :angry2:

Chaos can you just imagine that person running that shea into their skin and feeling all good about how lovely their skin is looking. You need to be checking out people with suspiciously good skin in your dorm from now on.

Btw I thought you didn't like that Shea Butter?

BTW Jenn22588 - I am feeling your pain girl ..... :spinning:

Chaos can you just imagine that person running that shea into their skin and feeling all good about how lovely their skin is looking. You need to be checking out people with suspiciously good skin in your dorm from now on.

Btw I thought you didn't like that Shea Butter?

BTW Jenn22588 - I am feeling your pain girl ..... :spinning:

Ahahaha yess! I'm imagining it right now! If I notice anyone with suddenly glowing skin, I will be stopping them to ask them some questions... :sekret:

Oh, I didn't like it. Or at least I wasn't going to repurchase.
It smelled nasty, and it was so bad for my hair, but I did like it on my skin.
I think I'm just mad that it was essentially stolen from me...not so much that its gone. If that makes sense.

But tomorrow, when I have time, I'm going to make a new blend out of mango butter, sunflower butter, coconut oil and a little castor oil. And I'm going to make it mango scented. :lick:
It's gonna be better than shea butter. :yep:

We had a meet up over the weekend and I got a few things from Nicki6.
-Vatika Oil
-Amla Oil
-Chi Mist
I will update my list when I bring the items in the house.

Wow stellagirl76 you really got rid of a lot of stuff
You got very serious :grin:

And you ladies coming alone nicely, even if your not using up stuff fast. Not buying anything is more of an accomplishment.

For me ....
I have an urge to get some Rosewater....
and some shampoo, I don't know why. I love the one I'm using (Giovanni Triple tea treat)

also have an urge to get a new clarifying shampoo, when I have 16 oz of Ion Clarifying Shampoo and it works as a clarifying shampoo should.

I also want Effective Care Intensive Therapy Treatment, only because it has panthenol and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein verse Aphogee 2 minute that has mineral oil, even tho It works perfectly find in my hair... but.. but.. but.. Ion could possibly work even better

But mostly really want rosewater, not sure why :nono: I think i read something...

I'm only going to walk away with Aphogee provitamin leave in... (for this month pass) because that is all i really need ... I can do it :look: fight the urge :perplexed

I am going to use a pass to purchase some Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream (*sighs*)...I was doing so well, too...

And you ladies coming alone nicely, even if your not using up stuff fast. Not buying anything is more of an accomplishment.

For me ....
and some shampoo, I don't know why. I love the one I'm using (Giovanni Triple tea treat)

also have an urge to get a new clarifying shampoo, when I have 16 oz of Ion Clarifying Shampoo and it works as a clarifying shampoo should.

I also want Effective Care Intensive Therapy Treatment, only because it has panthenol and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein verse Aphogee 2 minute that has mineral oil, even tho It works perfectly find in my hair... but.. but.. but.. Ion could possibly work even better

But mostly really want rosewater, not sure why :nono: I think i read something...

I'm only going to walk away with Aphogee provitamin leave in... (for this month pass) because that is all i really need ... I can do it :look: fight the urge :perplexed

Yes we can :clap: I suppose the Rosewater is not that bad bc you can use it as a face spritz etc etc. Maybe you can see what people are saying about the Effective Care Intensive Therapy Treatment and see if it really that big a deal. Its like when I saw than Wen video I was like fuggetaboutit - I ain't going through all that drama...

I am going to use a pass to purchase some Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream (*sighs*)...I was doing so well, too...

Its a pass so its okay, there is no point making this tough on yourself bc then you're more likely to fall off the wagon !!!

I am in!!!!!:yep:

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?

To Reduce - and Get Back on track with Simple stuff.....

2. A list of the products you hope to be using up in your stash? Categorize by:

- Shampoos
1. Etae Shampoo
2. Homemade Castile Soap

- Conditioners
1. Like Butta Baby Conditioner ( I never really Run out, I make it)
2. Nature's Gate Conditioner
3. Alba conditioner
4. EO conditioner ( have never used)
2 bottles of Sabino, Spray Serums...

- Leave Ins
Aloe vera Juice & EO's
Aveda Damage remedy - For Flat ironing
RoseWater
Sodium PCA

- Moisturisers
NA

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
Um - Too many to mention - but not over the top... (used to make Conditioner)
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Alma Powder
Shikakai Powder
- Styling products
Qhemet Biologics - Amla and Olive oil Cream

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Be honest now...)

I have no pics..............am I kicked out?

4. What "ESSENTIAL" products you will be buying before "lock down" and why you need them?

I Bought Wen ( head hanging SOOOO :nono::nono:LOW....) and after reading the ingredients..... I have a good mind to sell it off before using it at all.
I need nothing more. OH!!!! Woops.... I am considering Chi Silk Therapy - and ditching all other serums.

5. How many sessions you are joining the challenge for (go slow ladies and be realistic)?

I guess the first session...............HELP!!!!!:look:

Last edited:
I got rid of 5 products this week, one more month to go. I think anyone with essential oils and ayurveda powders should be remove from the list, those are enhancers and can take years to use up!

I finally used up something since the challenge.
I finished a bottle of Hairveda Moist 24/7 now I feel successful with this challenge for at least one time in my life!

Updated list - I've finished my Phyto Organics Enphuse Reconstructor.

So far no pass this month. I think I can hold out until March if my Porosity Control lasts that long!

For me ....

The effective care treatment is really really really good along with the extreme moisture treatment. :look: but im not trying to encourage..just stating how my hair took it.

Shampoos

Elucence MB Shampoo (1L)
Elucence MB Shampoo (8 oz)
Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo

Rinse Out Conditioners

HE HH (3 bottles)
Elucence MB Conditioner (1L)
Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
Infusium 23 Moisturologie Conditioner (2 bottles)

Deep Conditioners

Jessicurl WDT
Elasta QP Fortifying Conditioner
Lustersilk
ORS Replenishing Paks
Aubrey Organics Island Natural Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana Conditioner

Leave In Conditioner

Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Lacio Lacio
HE LTR

Moisturizers

Shescentit Jojoba Cream
Qhemet Biologics AOHC
Qhemet Biologics BRC
Qhemet Biologics Coco Tree Ghee

Oils

Coconut Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Grapefruit Oil
Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil (2 bottles)
Glycerin

Gels

Aloe Vera Gel
KCCC
Noodlehead Styling Cream
IC Fantasia Gel

Heat Styling

CHI Shampoo
CHI Conditioner
CHI Iron Guard
CHI Silk Infusion
Redken Smooth Glide
Motions Heat Seeker Protectant
BTZ Straight Shot Serum

I've been making slow progress but I'm going to become more aggressive. I plan on finishing my coconut oil, AO Coco Ghee, Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner, JC WDT, and AO Island Naturals and AO GPB by April.

Back