Anyone ever go natural only to discover . . .

Well when I started my hair was just DRY like hay. What really helped me was regular use of JBCO, plus finding Porosity Control.

It sounds like you might be where I was about a year or more ago. I would wash my hair and was "proud" that it would dry within MINUTES. I could get in and out of the shower and walk out with dry hair in like 15 minutes. My hair didn't retain moisture and was sickly thin. I started using JBCO on damp hair at night which helped tremendously with my hair no longer looking dry. However, it wasn't until I learned about Roux Porosity Control that I started working on resolving the quick dry/hay issue. I use PC as a second step in my poo and DC routine. What happened almost initially was that my hair retained moisture for longer and longer periods of time after each wash and DC.

I also find that you MUST infuse moisture on each level of your regimen. So right now I use Chicoro's method of pre-poo (I mix aloe vera and JBCO plus Vatika) and leave on my hair for 30-60 minutes. Then moisture poo, PC and DCs (protein and moisture).

Finally I finish up with my current favorite leave-ins (it rotates) and my creamy Aveda Brilliant Universal Creme mixed with a few drops of JBCO and 100% argan oil. After drying, I check my hair and add a few more drops of argan oil if needed.

I think if you can resolve the porosity issue first, you will see changes in how your hair retains moisture.

I've been thinking it's a porosity issue, but how did you know that was it?! Yea, you a year ago sounds like me now; I guess I should go ahead and try the Roux stuff (lol...I am so wack, I had to look it up to find out what it is) and I am trying my hardest to use moisture every step of my wash routine. Thanks, I know I am still in the learning stage of my hair, but I am eager (i.e. impatient) to learn what works so I can sail through. That, and I don't have money to try out all of these products to find what works, ya know? I am still in struggling student mode and I just don't have it :ohwell:

I've been thinking it's a porosity issue, but how did you know that was it?! Yea, you a year ago sounds like me now; I guess I should go ahead and try the Roux stuff (lol...I am so wack, I had to look it up to find out what it is) and I am trying my hardest to use moisture every step of my wash routine. Thanks, I know I am still in the learning stage of my hair, but I am eager (i.e. impatient) to learn what works so I can sail through. That, and I don't have money to try out all of these products to find what works, ya know? I am still in struggling student mode and I just don't have it :ohwell:

((((itsjusthair88)))) I fully understand about being a struggling student. That means you need products to work because you don't have the funds to keep spending on products that don't.

I figured it out because I read EVERY Porosity Control thread I could find. As I said, I was proud of my quick dry hair. But, in one of the threads, someone mentioned the very same issue. Another member told them they had a porosity issue - basically their hair wasn't hold in the moisture even when drenched in water. I asked the question and was told that I should try the product too.

So, I encourage you to research your products before you spend your precious dollars. There truly is a wealth of information in many of the older threads. PM me if you need help finding threads.

PS - I read that PC is sold in 2oz sample containers at Sally's. If you can find them OR if anyone finds it in their Sally's maybe we can help each other. I always recommend buying sample sizes first for new products as it cuts down on waste.

Or try calling the company to see it they can send a sample or help you locate a sample - its worth a shot. Here's the website: http://www.rouxblue.com/contact.asp

Last edited:
me! i actually didn't even know that i had 3b/3c hair and I really like it....BUT personally straight hair looks better on me and since my natural hair reverts as fast as Im straightening....im considering going back to relaxing...at least couple times/ yr

Back