Another red head! (PICS!)

phychugirl

I've have wanted red hair forever, but I've always been too afraid of breakage. With red hair being the new "in" thing lately, more and more girls and celebs are going red, and that caused me some SERIOUS hair envy. So, I bit the bullet. I work hard to keep my hair healthy, why not enjoy it?! So, I bleached it(20 vol developer) and dyed it Manic Panic Vampire Red. :3 Here's some straight and curly pics! I'm sorry about the lighting; it makes the red seem more 'natural' than it does in real life. It's a BRIGHT blood/burgandy RED.

Before:
23iy0cz.jpg

After:
IMG_20110306_180852.jpg

jqq8ed.jpg

21b6ixt.jpg
21jra5j.jpg

qy8hza.jpg

This is the third time I've bleached my hair in my life, and I've never had a serious setback from it. But to keep my bleached hair healthy, I'm upping my protein/moisture balance and definitely keeping an eye on dryness/breakage/thinning ends.

If anyone has any questions about my regimen, I'll be happy to answer.

Hope you guys like it! :spinning:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the curly haired pics. You seem to love that look because you were givng it:lol:. You look great, chica!

As soon as I saw your curly pics I instantly thought: Jill Scott. I love it!!! Can you take some pics in some really bright light? I wanna see how it looks under bright light.

OMG. O.M.G. You are givin me hair length, texture and color ENVY! I LOVE IT! You look absolutely fabulous and this one of if not the best at home dye job I've seen pictures of in a LONG time. You look great with both straight and curly hair (your hair is fiyah in those curly pics tho!)

P.S. I *love* your cat-eye eyeliner...you got skills!

You guys are making me blush, for real. I was so afraid to walk into work, I wore a hood for half of the day. I was afraid everyone was gonna call me a Ri-Ri wannabe(which is really the OPPOSITE) but to my surprise everyone really loved it. It's kinda fun being called 'Red'. :3

No, I DID bleach it. I used Quick Blue and a 20 vol developer. I don't think just developer will lift hair, will it? :look:

Oh, oh okay. Developer alone doesn't lift my hair either. It does for some. I was even more jealous of you when I thought it did for you! :lol:

Wow I love it, esp. the curly look : )

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back