I'm Double Bleaching! Pics.

Ok I don't think I know the difference between bleaching and lightening. What I used was Salon Care Prism Lights and the Salon Care 20 developer. The orange color is Adore rinse in Paprika.
SBS-760022.jpg

Yea, that's a bleach. Bleach (usually a powder) is added to developer to get an even lighter color than what the developer alone can give. Regular "lightening" is just the developer (usually with the hair color mixed in with it). Developer is another term for peroxide. You can just use developer to lighten your. Some ppl it is enough, others it doesn't work as well. So that's why some use "bleach".

Last edited:
Yea, that's a bleach. Bleach (usually a powder) is added to developer to get an even lighter color than what the developer alone can give. Regular "lightening" is just the developer (usually with the hair color mixed in with it). Developer is another term for peroxide. You can just use developer to lighten your. Some ppl it is enough, others it doesn't work as well. So that's why some use "bleach".

I didn't know you could use developer alone. Kinda sounds like when I use Luminize. Although with that it slowly lifts color gradually with each application and I just didn't want to wait.

I bleached the front part of my hair and then dyed it bright red on the same day. My hair is fine. I did DC the crap out of it though, to the point where it got TOO soft and I had to do a protein treatment.
I love dying my hair too and I agree, what's the point of having the hair if I'm too scared to do what I want with it. And it IS only on the bangs part, if it does break off it's a only a little bit of hair.

I didn't know you could use developer alone. Kinda sounds like when I use Luminize. Although with that it slowly lifts color gradually with each application and I just didn't want to wait.

Yep! I was told if you want to use just developer, mix it 50/50 with conditioner.

Back