Vampire Red (pics)

I love that! Looks stunning. I stared at the picture for like 10 minutes in aww.

How quickly does it wash out? Me like!

I took this off the website ...hth

Below are your most basic instructions on the use of
smalllogo.gif
semi-permanent hair colors. Please note that reults vary according to the color you use and the color and condition of your hair. If you are looking for detailed information on a specific
smalllogo.gif
hair color, please see BEST OF THE BEST. This section shows living examples of all our hair colors with wonderful photos of "Dyehards" and quotes of the many different ways they achieved their color. SEEING IS BELIEVING! BEST OF THE BEST.
HOW TO DYE? Follow these instructions to achieve the best results when using
smalllogo.gif
semi-permanent hair dyes.

smalllogo.gif
Hair Color is a conditioning semi-permanent hair color fortified with an herbal and protein complex. This unique formula is gentle to the hair and contains
no animal by-products . It can be used to achieve intensely bright colors on hair that has been pre-lightened to a very light blond, and on some natural blond hair. Some colors, particularly the dark reds, dark purples, or dark greens may give a highlight of color to natural dark unbleached hair, and may be brighter on lighter and more porous hair. A strand test is recommended to verify color on your particular hair.

smalllogo.gif
HAIR COLOR IS TESTED ON CELEBRITIES, NOT ANIMALS™!

smalllogo.gif
formula Hair Colors do not damage the hair but actually have restorative properties adding moisture and "fill" to processed hair.

smalllogo.gif
Hair Color should be used exactly as it is supplied without the addition of any other substances.Do not under any circumstances add peroxide to
smalllogo.gif
Hair Color. Do not mix with permanent colorants.

Color may temporarily stain the skin and may permanently stain clothes, towels, bedding and other material. Do not use alkaline products in conjunction with
smalllogo.gif
Hair Color. This will upset the acid-balanced state necessary for maximum absorption of color by the hair. If setting lotions or blow-dry lotions are required to be used, low pH, non-alcohol based products are recommended.

Avoid eye contact.This product must not be used for dying eyelashes or eyebrows. If eye contact does occur, rinse immediately with warm water and contact a physician.
Not for internal use. Keep out of reach of small children.
For intense results the hair should be porous, bleached or tinted. When applied to virgin (unprocessed) hair results will vary according to hair texture and color.
Pre-Lighten Hair: Lighten your hair using
smalllogo.gif
FLASHLIGHTNING® Complete Bleach Kit. If you want your result to be bright and your hair to appear the color as it looks in the jar (or swatch) it is necessary to pre-lighten the hair. If you are going for a lighter color or a pastel shade, it is
essential to lighten to a white/blonde. Bleach your hair according to the instructions in the kit. Make sure you have thoroughly shampooed all of your bleach if you color immediately after...bleach residue left over in the hair can prevent
smalllogo.gif
hair color from processing properly.

Shampoo hair thoroughly using a pH acid balanced shampoo. Rinse completely to remove all residue.Towel dry, leaving hair damp.
Protect.Wear protective plastic or rubber gloves for application. Use petroleum jelly or baby oil around hair line and on ears to prevent color from staining skin.
Apply. Empty desired amount into a plastic bowl (1/2 jar for short hair, full jar for long hair).
With the aid of a tint brush, apply color beginning 1/2 inch from the scalp and working it evenly through to the ends of the hair. Begin at the nape of the neck and work upwards through the head of hair. Be sure to completely saturate the hair shaft.
Continuously comb color through hair until it becomes frothy. This indicates that it has been thoroughly absorbed. Lighter shades of MANIC PANIC ® Hair Color may require more combing to obtain maximum penetration and a longer lasting effect.
Wait. Leave color on hair for 15 minutes or longer.
smalllogo.gif
will process fully in 15 minutes at normal room temperature. The use of an infra red heat lamp will reduce the processing time to between 5 and 7 minutes and can produce a deeper coloration with longer lasting properties. For resistant hair, it is advisable to place a plastic cap on the hair, and leave on for 30 minutes or longer.

Rinse hair thoroughly, away from face. Due to the restructuring properties of the product, no after-treatments are necessary.
Keeping It In:
smalllogo.gif
is a semi-permanent hair color that is made from NATURAL ingredients with herbs like chamomile - no animal by-products which mostly sits on top of the hair, penetrating the hair follicle best if the hair is porous (which is why we suggest it will show up best on processed or bleached hair and more as a strong highlight over natural or darker hair) . Which means that, depending on the condition of the hair, the results will vary. There are no harmful chemicals in MANIC PANIC ® hair color that damage the hair like chemical-based permanent hair colors.In all cases, shampooing and exposure to elements (swimming, hair spraying, etc.) will cause the hair color to fade.

One trick to making your
smalllogo.gif
Hair Color more permanent is to rinse your hair with vinegar immediately after coloring. This raises the pH level of the hair color and gives it more permanence. (Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water, comb through hair and let sit for a minute or two, rinse out thoroughly).

FOR HAIR COLOR THAT LASTS 30% LONGER TRY OUR NEW
AMPLIFIED™ FORMULA
Getting It Out:
· Use of an alkaline shampoo will promote removal of color from the hair. Color may also be professionally covered with a darker, natural shade of
smalllogo.gif
Hair Color.

· A pre-packaged hot oil treatment may further accelerate the removal of color: Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully for application of oil. To remove oil along with some color, first apply shampoo without the addition of water. Add water very gradually as you continue to shampoo until oil is completely removed.
· Consult with manufacturers of lightening and color removal products before attempting their use or get the advice of a licensed hair dresser.

Leona2025 it actually didn't dry my hair out at all but I think dc'ing prior to applying and using the porisity consish probably helped to combat any dryness

I was just about to ask if anybody used this on unbleached hair!!!and to add a cherry on top, I was gonna sk for pictures too!!! Thanks OP!
I was thinking of getting the pink and the purple....

I took some additional pics to show the true color under natural light to show the intensity of the color...the pic with my fist up is tho show my skin tone with the actual hair color...thanks for looking ladies

Attachments

• 101_2716.jpg
    101_2716.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 147
  • 101_2710.jpg
    101_2710.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 101_2715.jpg
    101_2715.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 101_2713.jpg
    101_2713.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 136
Re: Vampire Red--(pics& additional pics just added)

I went to sallys and got manic panic hair dye in vampire red. I had this color when i was younger & on bleached hair. This is how it came out with unbleached hair with little heat (5 mins). The more heat you add the more intense color you'll get. I love it..i know its a bit BRIGHT:dazed:but I LOve it.....

additional pics on page 5-showing the color under natural light & bright light (sun)...thanks again ladies for looking :-)

I absolutely love the color of your hair. It is really bright. I didn't know they were that good. They are semi permanent, correct? I may have to check them out.

I love the fact that this is semi-permanent. I may get up the nerve to try it myself but right now I'm looking for hair color for my mom. I was looking on the site and the only black shade I saw was Raven....would this be a good one or would the color be too goth black....like fakey black you know. She used to get a jet black color so that would be ok but just not too too black to where it's unreal looking. She needs it to color her gray and she's been having such a hard time with finding the right kind. If anyone could offer any opinions I'd appreciate it.

very pretty! I have been thinking about red hair lately too. I wonder how this would work to cover my gray hairs.

I love the fact that it is a semi-perm color that is so vivid you would think i had the bleach my hair to get it that bright. My ends did have some old color on the ends but thats the only part of my hair that was bleached/colored. In going thru the us & uk photo galley they show mixed colors so you can pretty much customize it to get your ideal color. As far as grays, i assume that the gray hair would give off the same color as bleached hair(????)maybe their site has some info aboutthat (I'll look into it) I will be trying one of their wine/plum colors that they have

Back