Am I Doing Too Much Or No? Update- I Ran Into Interview Bae At An Event Today

I'm back!!!

So I'm pretty sure I charmed the pants off of him! I asked him a few questions that he said no one had ever asked before and a few that totally tripped him up, I made a lot of lingering eye contact & giggled at all his jokes, sometimes he looked down & and a few times when I looked up from writing he was staring :gorgeous:

When I asked my last question I told him thanks for letting me take some of your time, but I would let him get back to his busy schedule, and he hurriedly threw on his jacket and followed me out into the office lobby because he said he had another appointment, which he very well might have, but he stood out in the lobby and talked to me for another 15 minutes about things that didn't pertain to his business, then hurried around me to open the doors for me as I walked outside.

We talked another 10 minutes out there. I don't think he wanted to let me leave :laugh:

I told him that the next time he has a marketing event he should invite me out and he perked up and said he would, he also told me he thought it was dope that I wanted to talk to him

@Lucie I promised I would tag you when it's the real thing :laugh:

@frogkisses

Last edited:
And he was sexy, personable, friendly and fun to talk to despite the topic being business. He also offered up a lot of information that I didn't ask.

ETA- He also asked me questions about myself, and I answered them in a friendly way but I kept it very short and subtle so I would remain mysterious.

Last edited:
It went well! What outfit did you wear?!

I actually didn't wear any of the outfits that I posted :angeldevil: I switched it up at the last minute, but I wore a camel colored body con dress, with a conservative sweater to tone down the sex and some camel colored booties

boredom.png

Basically this with different shoes.

My hair and make up looked like her's

03b8c1820435b248966969a1646492e3.jpg

Sounds great, but did you get his business card? Speaking of positioning oneself, we need to not just leave this in his ball court to get to a date. If he truly is as busy as he claims, he could forget to follow up with you, but that depends on how impressionable you were to him...still, be on top of it. Think of Adrienne Bosh here.

When might the next marketing event occur? Is this or his planned whereabouts in the community public information?

ETA: I would legit follow up with a thank you email: "...it was such a pleasure interviewing you....your insight has inspired me towards etc. etc.....I certainly hope we do keep in touch...I hope to get to learn more about your accomplishments and visions for the city we both love at your next event....". You get the drift....find commonality, and market that and a next meet.

Last edited:
Ohhhhh almost forgot something else that intrigued me, we had about 10 minutes left in the room we were in & this White lady popped her head in and asked if we could cut it short because her team wanted to come in a little early, and he flat out told her no he was in an important meeting .

He didn't even know if I had any more questions left and I had told him it would take about an hour so we were basically to the end of it anyways.

I was thinking you tell her Zaddy :2inlove:

Last edited:
Sounds great, but did you get his business card? Speaking of positioning oneself, we need to not just leave this in his ball court to get to a date. If he truly is as busy as he claims, he could forget to follow up with you, but that depends on how impressionable you were to him...still, be on top of it. Think of Adrienne Bosh here.

When might the next marketing event occur? Is this or his planned whereabouts in the community public information?

ETA: I would legit follow up with a thank you email: "...it was such a pleasure interviewing you....your insight has inspired me to ABC....I certainly hope we do keep in touch/...I hope to get to learn more about your accomplishments and visions for the city we both love at your next event....". You get the drift....find commonality, and market that and a next meet.

To be honest Adrian Bosh was actually a little bit of my inspiration! She hunted and got her kill and I like that, some of his events are public knowledge but he has one this evening that he didn't post on social media or anything like that, and I would go but I have an appointment later and no, unfortunately,I didn't get his business card, but I have his direct cell number.

Ohhhh I like that idea, I think maybe in about a week or so when this project is complete I'll hit him up and send something along those lines, or is the week too long to wait?

Last edited:
You went for the kill with that body con dress.

Girl, I didn't come to play with him :laugh: :naughtycouch: I wanted him to be immediately thrown off, and I think it intrigued his very alpha male persona for me to be in that soft little feminine dress.

He was very casual too, so I think the blazer & distressed jeans would have been a little bit too tough looking you know what I mean?

I'm back!!!

So I'm pretty sure I charmed the pants off of him! I asked him a few questions that he said no one had ever asked before and a few that totally tripped him up, I made a lot of lingering eye contact & giggled at all his jokes, sometimes he looked down & and a few times when I looked up from writing he was staring :gorgeous:

When I asked my last question I told him thanks for letting me take some of your time, but I would let him get back to his busy schedule, and he hurriedly threw on his jacket and followed me out into the office lobby because he said he had another appointment, which he very well might have, but he stood out in the lobby and talked to me for another 15 minutes about things that didn't pertain to his business, then hurried around me to open the doors for me as I walked outside.

We talked another 10 minutes out there. I don't think he wanted to let me leave :laugh:

I told him that the next time he has a marketing event he should invite me out and he perked up and said he would, he also told me he thought it was dope but I wanted to talk to him

@Lucie I promised I would tag you when it's the real thing :laugh:

@frogkisses

Why didn't I get the mention?!?!

I am so happy things worked so well! Wow! I got butterflies in my tummy and a huge grin on my face! So what's next? How much more time before the wedding?! :2inlove:

To be honest Adrian Bosch was actually a little bit of my inspiration! She hunted and got her kill and I like that, some of his events are public knowledge but he has one this evening that he didn't post on social media or anything like that, and I would go but I have an appointment later and no unfortunately I didn't get his business card, but I have his direct cell number.

Ohhhh I like that idea, I think maybe in about a week or so when this project is complete I'll hit him up and send something along those lines, or is the week too long to wait?

Follow up tomorrow morning in time for the weekend...he may follow up with an invite to meet then.

Why didn't I get the mention?!?!

I am so happy things worked so well! Wow! I got butterflies in my tummy and a huge grin on my face! So what's next? How much more time before the wedding?! :2inlove:

I think October is a good time! Not too hot but not cold, I don't need y'all sweating your makeup off.
I swear you are a live Cici and Russell the LHCF edition! Makes me so proud! *holds back the tears like the model from ANTM*

:laugh: Yasssss I'm claiming it! My very own Russell :2inlove:

Not tomorrow. Too soon. Friday afternoon the earliest. LOL, like Friday is so far from Thursday.

My only concern here is if sent by Friday he may have already made plans for Saturday.

If she sends tomorrow, she may get a better head start on both Friday and Saturday. Isn't it also protocol to send thank you notes the morning after?

But this changes if she follows up by phone....more of a tricky pitch.

@UniquelyDivine

Yessss!!!

b00904c5e45abb06d12e540adad553a8df1fcca2f00e18f63d0135beb5c481ce.jpg

You wore basically the outfit that I had in mind for you. Lol I was going to say dress #4 with a sweater or duster, but figured it was too late. I'm glad you changed your mind. Jeans and a blazer aren't nearly as hypnotizing to a man as a form fitting dress. That was like a 9th date outfit. :lol:

Send the thank you email tomorrow. 24-48 hours is customary after an interview or meeting.

And I agree with everything @Rastafarai said about following up. It's not everyone's style, but It can be very effective when done right. I honestly believe that there is nothing wrong with "chasing" a man, just as long as he doesn't know he's the prey. Some of us women want what we want too.

Back