Almost 2 years post - straightened hair - PICS

Austro-Afrikana

I had a 'reunion' to go to so I straightened my hair. I just thought I'd share some pictures seeing as I am almost 2 years post and I only straighten twice a year.
I haven't had much 'growth' over the past 6 months as my relaxed ends have decided to start dropping off at their own accord lol.
Before:
shorthairfrontupdate.jpg

shorthairsideupdate.jpg

Currently:
DSC00034-1.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

I hope they aren't too big :)

I see you, trying to blow those folks at your reunion away!! Great progress - it's gotten so much thicker, too!! :clap:

It looks gorgeous. I hope your willing to answer there questions. What's your regimen? And your straightening reg and how long does it last when your straighten your hair? what do you do to your hair when you don't straighten it?

I have been faithfully using the crown and glory method. I braid for 7 weeks and leave my hair 'out' until I get bored of it.

In between braidings I go through a rather lengthy 'wash day' process lol. But the rest of the week is no hassle:
- Pre poo with:
2 bananas
1 avocado
2 tbsps olive oil
1 egg yolk
- Shampoo with Swastk Shikakai bar
- Steam with conconction:
Half bottle of AOHSR
Half tub Greek yogurt
1 tspn SAA powder
2 tbspns oil
2 tbspns honey
- If I feel I need it I then use Roux porosity control for 5 minutes and rinse.
- I moisturise and seal with glycerin and coconut oil
- I put my hair in a donut bun and lay down the edges with IC fantasia gel and a scarf
- I put in some conditioner on my ends, put in the donut, then baggy with cling film
I just sort out my edges every day and leave my hair in a bun. I cowash once or twice in between with naked shine conditioner and put it back in a bun.

When straightening I do the same wash and conditioner method but after, I make 4 sections and I spray with CHI keratin mist and apply a small amount of Keracare silken seal to each section. (Applying a 'dime size' to the whole head just seems silly to me:))
I blow dry each section on warm until totally dry then blast it on cold. After that I just use the comb chase method with my Corioliss flat iron on small sections. I flick outwards.

I keep my hair straight for 2-3 weeks.

HTH :)

Last edited:
Too big? Girl, I like big pics, the bigger the better as far as I'm concerned :look:
Your hair looks great! Well done!

Back