First time straightening hair in almost 2 years (pic heavy)

jupitermoon

I haven't had my hair straightened since May of 2008. My hair hasn't been cut since May of last year when I got the last 2-3 inches of my relaxed ends removed.

So today (March 24, 2010) I finally gathered up the courage to have my hair straightened and trimmed. My beautician told me that my hair is in excellent condition and that my ends also looked good. She only had to dust my ends---less than 0.5 inches was cut off.

Unstraightened natural hair:
DSC01366-vi.jpg

DSC01377-vi.jpg

Blown out hair:
DSC01381-vi.jpg

My straightened hair BEFORE being trimmed and curled under:
DSC01382-vi.jpg

^^^^^Even though my hair hadn't been cut in almost a year, it was pretty even. It naturally grows in a "u" shape.

Here is my hair after it was trimmed and ends were curls under--well, the ends are starting to curl out...:
DSC1389-vi.jpg

DSC1397-vi.jpg

DSC01390-vi.jpg

DSC01391-vi.jpg

DSC01399-vi.jpg

DSC01400-vi.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful hair!!

did she bow dry it with a blowdryer with a comb attachment or did she use a brush while blow drying?

what kinda of flat-iron was used--?

Well I'll be...I just don't know what to say. If I saw you on the street, the green eye monster would get me.

ETA: I just don't see how it's possible. Your hair is beautiful curly and straight. I'm amazed that it's all the same length too.

beautiful hair!!

did she bow dry it with a blowdryer with a comb attachment or did she use a brush while blow drying?

what kinda of flat-iron was used--?

It was blow dried with a comb attachment. I had my eyes closed most of the time, but from what I did see, a flat iron wasn't used. I glanced in the mirror a few times, and she was using a pressing comb. Then she curled it under with a curler. I don't think she flat ironed it at all.

Well I'll be...I just don't know what to say. If I saw you on the street, the green eye monster would get me.

ETA: I just don't see how it's possible. Your hair is beautiful curly and straight. I'm amazed that it's all the same length too.

Your hair is very gorgeous; you shouldn't have the green eyed monster, lol.

Me too. After almost a year of not cutting it and not straightening it in almost two years I was expecting an uneven mess with lots of splits and knots.

I told the beautician my regimen and that I co wash often. Her response was to keep doing what works for me. Co washing and keeping my hair up as much as possible has really paid off.

Your hair is so beautiful and you have a good beautician! (Wish they were all like that.)

Thanks for sharing!

Gorgeous. You should be proud. Are you?

I do feel proud. I'm able to take care of my hair in it's natural state with no help from a beautician (except for trims). I felt really happy when the beautician told me that my hair is in great/excellent condition and to keep doing what I'm doing.

Co washing, keeping my hair up as much as possible, and finger combing helped me get to this length.

Back