After 23 Years Of Dating, He Agreed To Marry Her. Then He Was Diagnosed With Cancer.

Always~Wear~Joy

Video

After 23 years of dating, this couple was finally planning their wedding when the groom was diagnosed with cancer. So, a group of nurses planned a bedside wedding in the hospital to make their dreams come true

What stage is the Cancer, and how does he look on p$per? Because, she's got a lot of thinking to do.

I'm not suggesting that she drop him, but she has put in her time. And unless he's rich, or can beat this I'd advise her to consider keeping her options open.

I forget where I read something along the lines of:

"I'll be glad when Black women don't have to {grovel, hustle backwards, deny themselves, put up with crap (a BUNCH of crap} in order to prove their worth [and maybe be wifed-up]. "​

It's not an exact quote but the point is still the same.

Everyone is all excited like the Supreme Court just granted them the right to marry... They could have been done this.

I’m willing to bet cold hard cash that he was actually diagnosed with cancer and then agreed to marry her. In that order.

See...me and you are >HERE< !!!

The first thing I said was "Oh...he knew about that cancer BEFORE he got married."

A family member of an ex dated a woman for 10 years. The woman developed serious health issues, and told dude he needed to marry her because she didn't want to die a single woman. He told her he wasn't getting married again, but he'd step aside if she found someone to marry.

She didn't dump him when he said this. She survived and still didn't dump him. I don't keep in touch, but if they're both still alive, I'm sure they're still dating.

Which story is worse?

This blogger concurs with many posts in this thread: http://www.arahthequill.com/struggle-love-is-not-a-badge-of-honor/

The only way I can see it making some sense to have a long unmarried relationship is if you are older (past child-bearing age) when you meet, are already divorced from a decade+ marriage, and/or are in a position where keeping your finances and legal affairs separate is beneficial to you (like Oprah)... none of which seem to apply to this sad case.

Last edited:
Back