25 yrs dating, 2 kids and he marries someone else 5 weeks after walking out.

I don't feel sorry for her one bit. She needs to know her self-worth. Maybe after 25 years she can work on gaining self esteem.

I personally know a couple whose children are older than I am and they haven't been married and as each year comes she's like "this is the year John will marry me" :violin:.

I get that this happened in the UK, but at one point in time, common law marriages were recognized in most of the United States. Some states still recognize them. The point being that you don't live with and bear children with someone for years and then claim it was nothing. She obviously bears some responsibility in this, but he is a cad and more, and should be recognized as such.

I only feel sorry for her not protecting her financial interests...otherwise the relationship ended not much differently than most marriages....man hits mid life crisis, tries to redo yesterday and bounces...I can't remember the whole article but was she working during the marriage?...to not even have a "he's gone" account for emergency...her mother did not prepare her right.....

@SuchaLady: don't be so quick http://madamenoire.com/306270/rosco...ay-monthly-support-ex-left-homeless-39-years/

As far as the woman in the OP, it's sad, it really is. But it's like a member here said, even marriage couldn't have guaranteed that he would've stayed with her. Once you put your heart on the line like this, well, this is the risk we all take.

That story says the man gave the ex girlfriend $3.6k a month for 2 years. That is over $80k for just those two years. That's more than a large amount of women get in alimony and she wasn't even married. After him acting a fool I would rather have the cash :look:

^^^To each their own, but I personally would've preferred he stayed with me. I think that's why most people get into relationships in the first place.

SuchaLady: don't be so quick http://madamenoire.com/306270/roscoe-orman-aka-mr-gordan-ordered-pay-monthly-support-ex-left-homeless-39-years/

As far as the woman in the OP, it's sad, it really is. But it's like a member here said, even marriage couldn't have guaranteed that he would've stayed with her. Once you put your heart on the line like this, well, this is the risk we all take.

I was thinking the same thing. Common law is relevant here. She should try to get something especially if he let her use his name. They were married in my eyes.

Wow, married after five weeks. That's a crushing blow right there. That 25 years didn't mean a thing. She's only in her 50's, she has enough time to find someone else. It's just sad that she has nothing to show financially for her efforts, but she'll make it.

Honestly even though it sucks what he did to her, at least her children are grown and she's young enough to move on and find someone else.

He told her who he was from jump, she didn't believe him. Most men will sleep with you as long as you let them and still keep searching for the "one".

If a woman ever hears a man say he doesn't see marriage in his future does not mean he would never ever marry. He is telling You he would not marry You. Take heed and run.

That is powerful statement!!!! Most women think he is saying that right now but he will come around.

SuchaLady: don't be so quick http://madamenoire.com/306270/rosco...ay-monthly-support-ex-left-homeless-39-years/

Ha...just read the article!
I know people like to come into these threads and bash the women for being dumb...but I also feel like these men should start being held accountable for their actions too. I'm glad the judge ruled in her favor...there needs to be consequences for men shaking up and making babies too. :yep:

I was once a woman who felt that marriage is just a piece of paper but the stories are so sobering. I still feel like its just a piece of paper, but one needed for financial insurance.

I shacked and had DS before marrying so I can semi understand her frame of thought. To be honest, when I got married I wasnt even sure I wanted to be his wife forever. I just felt the need to secure legal claim to financial security should things go left. :look:

With all of that said, we can be so cold to other women. All these I dont feel bad for her comments make me sad. Have you no heart!

Back