A visual for the Baggie Technique

I've been on the board long enough that I should know the answer to this, but do you do this on wet hair or do you let it dry first?

Wow, ditto on what hairlove said! I do this to my daughter's hair and she has been retaining visible length for the past 2 months or so. This baggie technique really works, especially if you leave it alone from wash to wash. I wash my daughter's hair every 5 days. I put 4 or 5 cornbraids in the front and bring it all back to a baggie using world of curls gel, surge and vasaline. Then once a day she will spray Surge on her braids and scalp and then also spray some distilled water and safflower oil mix (mostly oil) to dilute, seal and moisturize her braids. I tell you this has been the only thing that started growing her hair back.

Thanks! Now that I just begun doing this I found your how to very helpful.
smile.gif

Great visual! I'm going to try it that way for a change. I use the other method. I wish I could find a phony bun in my hair color.

I have been on this board to long not to know the answer to this, but what are the actual benefits of tdoing this technique and do u just use regaulr lik ziplock bags but without the zip

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I have been on this board to long not to know the answer to this, but what are the actual benefits of tdoing this technique and do u just use regaulr lik ziplock bags but without the zip

[/ QUOTE ]

I use a plastic sandwich baggie. You know the kind you roll over. The benefits are constant moisture for dry ends. Noo splits no damage no breakage. I am able to retain more length.

Back