6 Reasons Christian Men No Longer Want A Church Girl

First of all, the examples they are using are not Christians. Just because they say they are Christian does not mean that they are, for obviously they do not follow Christ. Clearly, these people are of the world...their lifestyles speak this loud and clear.

Every seed, every spirit follows after its own kind. Neither of these men are of the Holy Spirit of God; neither of them are / were led of the Holy Spirit to the life choices they have made.

They call themselves a Christian, yet they do not follow Christ. They need to read the Book of Jude which identifies who they truly are. . . Void of the Spirit of God.

Unless they get it right, Jesus says of them, "I never knew you..."

Folks need to stop playing for they are only fooling theirselves to validate what they want to do wrong.

I'm a church girl, sometimes I try to date. And I find that

1. They think that I'm going to be too holier than thou. Guys say "You wouldn't want to do this, would you? / You probably wouldn't be into something like that" like I'm incapable of relaxing and having a good time.

2. They are not down with celibacy. The guy I'm seeing agreed to celibacy, but he really tried it a couple of nights ago....he even put the condom on. I took it off and threw it out the window. He was mad as hell. I'm like you should respect me for keeping us celibate another day.

1. They think that I'm going to be too holier than thou. Guys say "You wouldn't want to do this, would you? / You probably wouldn't be into something like that" like I'm incapable of relaxing and having a good time.

2. They are not down with celibacy. The guy I'm seeing agreed to celibacy, but he really tried it a couple of nights ago....he even put the condom on. I took it off and threw it out the window. He was mad as hell. I'm like you should respect me for keeping us celibate another day.

:eek:
Are you still together?

This is a mixture of observation and conversations with guys over the years. This might seem sexist but I have no other way of saying this without potentially victim blaming because we all know that men in the church can also be super trifling as well. I'll answer the question with a one sided biased view just like the question being asked.

Many church girls are not flirty, friendly or feminine. They are so afraid of being called a Jezebel by the old ladies in the church that they purposely don't put in any effort to attract a man or are shamed into being asexual beings. Men, Christian or not like bright shiny things. Men are men and chemistry, sexual attraction and compatibility are very important to them. Christian men will not compromise on such issues either and they expect the sheets to be hot and heavy once that ring is put in place. If a simple compliment about how attractive you are greatly offends you because you've been taught that everything is coated in lust, then you shouldn't be surprised if the man does not return. It also won't kill you to compliment a man at church that you find attractive, " Nice suit or Nice tie" If he's intrigued and asks you out after that, you are not a church hussy.

Another issue is the amount of time many Girls spend in Church. On Sunday, devotion at 9 am, Service at 11 am, cooking at Church Brunch/Lunch at 2 pm, Visiting Shut ins at 4 pm, Home by 7 pm in bed by 9 pm, Monday after work, Women's ministry, Tuesday making dinner for Men's ministry, Wednesday - Bible Study at 7 pm, Thursday , choir practice at 7 pm, Friday overnight vigil, Choir Practice on Saturday afternoon, home by 7 pm in bed by 9 pm, rinse and repeat week after week. All the men in the congregation are either married, old or under age. Men rarely spend all their time in Church unless they are the Pastor. Guys are always up and about doing other stuff during the week and on Saturday. If you don't make the time, you can't complain when he shows up with a reformed outsider who he met while playing co-ed flag football or at the bowling alley.

Another issue is that church girls do not know that men follow women everywhere. A man who has a strong foundation in the church, respects God, attends service once in awhile is someone who can be easily influenced greatly because he is 60 % there. Unfortunately since he is not at 100%, he will be automatically dismissed by many. This type of man is easily moldable because he has the basics down. A smart woman will befriend him and let him watch her live her life. Because he is attracted to her, he will want to be around her all the time. He will attend service with her, attend concerts with her, attend picnics with her, meet other men who will teach him a thing or two and then his faith will begin to grow to where she needs him to be. The women who dismissed this same man, will be the same ones decorating the church as he prepares to marry the smart woman and be super upset feeling like he played them. This one I have seen with my own eyes. My friend complains that her husband looks at her crazy when she attempts to play hooky on Sunday once in a while. It is so funny because she used to complain about him in the beginning but he wanted to be with her so he tagged along everywhere she went and he turned his life all the way around, married her and now she's the one whining about his dedication.

One last major issue is competing with the Pastor. No man wants another man in his relationship making rules. If you can't communicate with your man without saying " But Pastor Says" during every discussion, you will eventually be replaced.

I have an Uncle who has spent all his life in service to God since he was 12 and he is a now a very Senior Pastor close to turning 50. My Aunt is a very lively former party girl who was very worldly before she turned her life around a few years before she met him. She really hit those clubs all through college and has stories for days. I know quite a few church ladies at his Church who fit the bill but he didn't even consider them. He snapped up my Aunt so fast because she was so much fun and enriched his life. He really enjoyed her company and she was adventurous. She had him, traveling, hiking, swimming, canoeing, picnics etc in addition to all the other church related activities. He was not bogged down with church business day in day out. He could decompress and just be a man without the title of Pastor. They've been married almost 15 yrs now.

@okange76
Everything you're saying is soooo very true. It's given me a lot of food for thought. I definitely am not the church girl who is spending all her time in the sanctuary-but I used to be! I always felt like I had no identity or personality outside of being involved in ministry. Now that I've ran off and done my own thing I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate my current personality with old, traditional, church ways. Thanks for shedding some light on this subject.

I'm confused. If you're practicing celibacy, why are you even in a position where he can whip his thing out? Are you alone with him at home? Do you have chaperoned dates?

Yes....why that reaction?

That things went that far after you had both agreed to celibacy. The boundary that was drawn has been crossed and it was premeditated too as he had the condom all ready. Where do you go from here? He obviously doesn't want to stay celibate no more.
Plus, honestly I laughed at you throwing the condom out the window. Where did it end up? I hope not on your driveway or on the street.

Last edited:
@okange76 is 100% spot on. I had a VERY devout Christan man chasing me last year, as rigid as he was, I was what he liked a lot as opposed to the rigid Christian women in the church. I'm a pk but I'm not mousy and rigid. I'mmore liberal, have a robust life and I'm super feminine and sexy. I remember asking him why he didn't settle with one of the other girls at the church and his response was that they were either frumpy, not in shape and/or too plain, he likes a pretty woman.

He was just too much for me so I moved on and met a man that I'm way more compatible with.

And no he wasn't a jerk, fake or anything, very sweet and caring but just too rigid for me.

Last edited:
This is a mixture of observation and conversations with guys over the years. This might seem sexist but I have no other way of saying this without potentially victim blaming because we all know that men in the church can also be super trifling as well. I'll answer the question with a one sided biased view just like the question being asked.

Many church girls are not flirty, friendly or feminine. They are so afraid of being called a Jezebel by the old ladies in the church that they purposely don't put in any effort to attract a man or are shamed into being asexual beings. Men, Christian or not like bright shiny things. Men are men and chemistry, sexual attraction and compatibility are very important to them. Christian men will not compromise on such issues either and they expect the sheets to be hot and heavy once that ring is put in place. If a simple compliment about how attractive you are greatly offends you because you've been taught that everything is coated in lust, then you shouldn't be surprised if the man does not return. It also won't kill you to compliment a man at church that you find attractive, " Nice suit or Nice tie" If he's intrigued and asks you out after that, you are not a church hussy.

Another issue is the amount of time many Girls spend in Church. On Sunday, devotion at 9 am, Service at 11 am, cooking at Church Brunch/Lunch at 2 pm, Visiting Shut ins at 4 pm, Home by 7 pm in bed by 9 pm, Monday after work, Women's ministry, Tuesday making dinner for Men's ministry, Wednesday - Bible Study at 7 pm, Thursday , choir practice at 7 pm, Friday overnight vigil, Choir Practice on Saturday afternoon, home by 7 pm in bed by 9 pm, rinse and repeat week after week. All the men in the congregation are either married, old or under age. Men rarely spend all their time in Church unless they are the Pastor. Guys are always up and about doing other stuff during the week and on Saturday. If you don't make the time, you can't complain when he shows up with a reformed outsider who he met while playing co-ed flag football or at the bowling alley.

Another issue is that church girls do not know that men follow women everywhere. A man who has a strong foundation in the church, respects God, attends service once in awhile is someone who can be easily influenced greatly because he is 60 % there. Unfortunately since he is not at 100%, he will be automatically dismissed by many. This type of man is easily moldable because he has the basics down. A smart woman will befriend him and let him watch her live her life. Because he is attracted to her, he will want to be around her all the time. He will attend service with her, attend concerts with her, attend picnics with her, meet other men who will teach him a thing or two and then his faith will begin to grow to where she needs him to be. The women who dismissed this same man, will be the same ones decorating the church as he prepares to marry the smart woman and be super upset feeling like he played them. This one I have seen with my own eyes. My friend complains that her husband looks at her crazy when she attempts to play hooky on Sunday once in a while. It is so funny because she used to complain about him in the beginning but he wanted to be with her so he tagged along everywhere she went and he turned his life all the way around, married her and now she's the one whining about his dedication.

One last major issue is competing with the Pastor. No man wants another man in his relationship making rules. If you can't communicate with your man without saying " But Pastor Says" during every discussion, you will eventually be replaced.

I have an Uncle who has spent all his life in service to God since he was 12 and he is a now a very Senior Pastor close to turning 50. My Aunt is a very lively former party girl who was very worldly before she turned her life around a few years before she met him. She really hit those clubs all through college and has stories for days. I know quite a few church ladies at his Church who fit the bill but he didn't even consider them. He snapped up my Aunt so fast because she was so much fun and enriched his life. He really enjoyed her company and she was adventurous. She had him, traveling, hiking, swimming, canoeing, picnics etc in addition to all the other church related activities. He was not bogged down with church business day in day out. He could decompress and just be a man without the title of Pastor. They've been married almost 15 yrs now.

Honestly, I love your whole post but it makes me sad. I feel like pouring out some likka for all the church girls who end up overlooked and on their own and won't realise until its too late to change it up.

@LovinLea

He doesn't respect your boundaries. That is a HUGE red flag. Walk away with your dignity, please! Before it gets worse.
I'm confused. If you're practicing celibacy, why are you even in a position where he can whip his thing out? Are you alone with him at home? Do you have chaperoned dates?
That things went that far after you had both agreed to celibacy. The boundary that was drawn has been crossed and it was premeditated too as he had the condom all ready. Where do you go from here? He obviously doesn't want to stay celibate no more.
Plus, honestly I laughed at you throwing the condom out the window. Where did it end up? I hope not on your driveway or on the street.

We were at the apartment hanging out in group and everyone left but me. So yes we were alone at his home.

You guys are right. He has told me he no longer wants to practice celibacy. So now the ball is in my court. It's funny because he preaches and I asked him if he preaches celibacy and he said yes.

Whoa whoa whoa...he exposed his penis and you touched it? By removing the condom, you had to touch him.

Babygirl, please be careful. :grouphug2: okay?

The thing to do is to leave or have him leave.

I'm sharing this with my friends

Where is the lie, Jesus?? :amen:

I agree with everything @okange76 said. I know from personal experience. I was born and raised in a very strict, devout Catholic home. My parents are still very involved in the church and they got all of us kids involved too of course. I had no social life. Spent all of my time either in church related activities, work or school. That's it! I was taught to avoid dating (until you're done with college), dress super conservatively and no worldly pleasures.

I rebelled in my early 20s. I wanted to find out for myself what was so bad about "worldly pleasures". So I found 3 other girls at the church who felt like I did. We started going to clubs and partying every weekend. We traveled, discovered sexy clothes and makeup, found hobbies, etc... It transformed us! Men loved it!! Christian dudes thought I was wild! :lol: We still go to church most Sundays but I'm not as involved as before. We were considered the black sheep of our church for a long time. :lol: It was worth it.

Oh woww. You put some gems in here. Thank.you

Honestly, I love your whole post but it makes me sad. I feel like pouring out some likka for all the church girls who end up overlooked and on their own and won't realise until its too late to change it up.
My coworker has a sister in law who fits that very description who ended up in her 40's without a spouse. After that, she rebelled and started dating anyone! She met a guy she was madly in love with and he used her and ended up having a child with someone else and threw it in her face. Now she is with someone with a gambling problem and uses her for money.... so sad .Her choices in men have not been good. ...

I agree with everything @okange76 said. I know from personal experience. I was born and raised in a very strict, devout Catholic home. My parents are still very involved in the church and they got all of us kids involved too of course. I had no social life. Spent all of my time either in church related activities, work or school. That's it! I was taught to avoid dating (until you're done with college), dress super conservatively and no worldly pleasures.

I rebelled in my early 20s. I wanted to find out for myself what was so bad about "worldly pleasures". So I found 3 other girls at the church who felt like I did. We started going to clubs and partying every weekend. We traveled, discovered sexy clothes and makeup, found hobbies, etc... It transformed us! Men loved it!! Christian dudes thought I was wild! :lol: We still go to church most Sundays but I'm not as involved as before. We were considered the black sheep of our church for a long time. :lol: It was worth it.

Jezebel!! Lol

I think the church itself should bear some responsibility in this. Bible based teachings are important but I think teaching life skills is just as important. Churches usually counsel about Finances check, Respect check, Love check, Family check, Life Goals check but when it comes to Sex, Sexuality and Sexual Compatibility, they bury their heads in the sand. Pray on it. That's not how it works.

Let's face the truth, the vast majority of single Christian men have had sex at least once in their lifetime. The church needs to be honest and teach women how to operate in the real world without compromising their morals. Celibate Christian men who have had sex before are who a virgin church girl will most probably marry unless she's super blessed to find a virgin like herself. Teach self control instead of fear. A warm hug or a chaste peck on the lips from a serious suitor or fiancee should not send you spiraling out of control in fear. If he wants to hold your hand, let him don't shy away. If you are both disciplined and committed, you can have a good solid relationship within the confines of your values and beliefs before you get married.

Also, bedroom affairs need to be taught. A woman should not be hearing about orgasms for the first time on her honeymoon. She needs to know that when the peen is ready to go, ain't no prayer in this world going to make it go away. She also needs to know how all the body parts function and what goes where, why and how. Fear of the peen has resulted in disastrous Honeymoons further leading to disintegrated marriages. People talk. Church gossip travels far and wide and if this is the reputation that is being shared about church girls, most guys will shy away. It's a major double standard but men are inherently selfish. On a baser level, men are men. Christian men want the same exact amount of sex that other men are getting and they will not compromise. After awhile even the most disciplined faithful man will falter or consider options if his wife is too afraid or not interested in meeting his sexual needs.

Being a church girl should not be a boring painful life. There is so much out there that you can be doing without compromising your beliefs and values. Travel and see the sites and sounds of your city. Go to a food festival and explore cuisines, you don't have to drink the alcohol. Amusement parks, Craft fairs and Farmers' markets, the Georgia Aquarium or similar places, open air jazz concerts where you can just unwind to music, join a bowling league, play co-ed sports or just go and cheer on the sidelines, skiing and snowboarding day trips, you can smile and make someone hot cocoa back at the club house. Get out of the house and the sanctuary every other Friday or Saturday. Christian men do all of the above without an ounce of guilt and so should you. On Sunday they are back in Church well rested and happy having had a fun weekend.

OAN - I just saw an article last week of a pastor in a TX church who screened an NFL game in the afternoon after service for the congregation to just chill and socialize. All the men showed up and the community was invited. The biggest and loudest critics of this act were the church girls and older judgmental looking women. Talmbout the sanctuary has been defiled and not used to glorify God. All the men were like, "Huh !!!?" Any smart single woman would have taken her behind home, changed into a nice casual outfit and taken herself back into the sanctuary bringing some snacks and serving up soft drinks while laughing and smiling with the fellows. Total missed opportunity with a captive audience. It was also a black church so ......

I think the church itself should bear some responsibility in this. Bible based teachings are important but I think teaching life skills is just as important. Churches usually counsel about Finances check, Respect check, Love check, Family check, Life Goals check but when it comes to Sex, Sexuality and Sexual Compatibility, they bury their heads in the sand. Pray on it. That's not how it works.

Let's face the truth, the vast majority of single Christian men have had sex at least once in their lifetime. The church needs to be honest and teach women how to operate in the real world without compromising their morals. Celibate Christian men who have had sex before are who a virgin church girl will most probably marry unless she's super blessed to find a virgin like herself. Teach self control instead of fear. A warm hug or a chaste peck on the lips from a serious suitor or fiancee should not send you spiraling out of control in fear. If he wants to hold your hand, let him don't shy away. If you are both disciplined and committed, you can have a good solid relationship within the confines of your values and beliefs before you get married.

Also, bedroom affairs need to be taught. A woman should not be hearing about orgasms for the first time on her honeymoon. She needs to know that when the peen is ready to go, ain't no prayer in this world going to make it go away. She also needs to know how all the body parts function and what goes where, why and how. Fear of the peen has resulted in disastrous Honeymoons further leading to disintegrated marriages. People talk. Church gossip travels far and wide and if this is the reputation that is being shared about church girls, most guys will shy away. It's a major double standard but men are inherently selfish. On a baser level, men are men. Christian men want the same exact amount of sex that other men are getting and they will not compromise. After awhile even the most disciplined faithful man will falter or consider options if his wife is too afraid or not interested in meeting his sexual needs.

Being a church girl should not be a boring painful life. There is so much out there that you can be doing without compromising your beliefs and values. Travel and see the sites and sounds of your city. Go to a food festival and explore cuisines, you don't have to drink the alcohol. Amusement parks, Craft fairs and Farmers' markets, the Georgia Aquarium or similar places, open air jazz concerts where you can just unwind to music, join a bowling league, play co-ed sports or just go and cheer on the sidelines, skiing and snowboarding day trips, you can smile and make someone hot cocoa back at the club house. Get out of the house and the sanctuary every other Friday or Saturday. Christian men do all of the above without an ounce of guilt and so should you. On Sunday they are back in Church well rested and happy having had a fun weekend.

OAN - I just saw an article last week of a pastor in a TX church who screened an NFL game in the afternoon after service for the congregation to just chill and socialize. All the men showed up and the community was invited. The biggest and loudest critics of this act were the church girls and older judgmental looking women. Talmbout the sanctuary has been defiled and not used to glorify God. All the men were like, "Huh !!!?" Any smart single woman would have taken her behind home, changed into a nice casual outfit and taken herself back into the sanctuary bringing some snacks and serving up soft drinks while laughing and smiling with the fellows. Total missed opportunity with a captive audience. It was also a black church so ......

Texas, you say? :look:

Off to do some research... for... um... a friend. :look:

Back