2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

I have been slacking! I flat twisted my hair last week and will be wearing it in a twist out this week so I only have to go into the office tomorrow. I wish I had gotten a better picture of my flat twists, they were so cute! Womp. But here's my twistout for the week.

Attachments

• 2017-04-17 17.09.36.jpg
    2017-04-17 17.09.36.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 70
I have been slacking! I flat twisted my hair last week and will be wearing it in a twist out this week so I only have to go into the office tomorrow. I wish I had gotten a better picture of my flat twists, they were so cute! Womp. But here's my twistout for the week.

You're beautiful, you have gorgeous eyes, and your brows are perfect.
Just in case you didn't already know, lol.

Since I wore my hair curly this week I just washed and deep conditioned and will blow dry and put 2 braids in for the coming week. I'm really hoping that what I'm doing is going to get me some more growth by July/August or whenever the next length check is.

I forgot to take a pic of the front of my hair when I straightened to track my bangs progress. That's pretty easy to eyeball though.

Washed my hair today. Clarified with V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze and washed and conditioned with Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser. Deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Argan Oil for about an hour and a half with no heat (two plastic caps, bonnet, and my SLAP) and lightly towel dried. Detangled with CON Coconut Milk leave in conditioner and detangler. I'm not sure how I'm going to style it yet.

I'm planning to flat iron sometime this weekend so I've started my wash process.

I shampooed with KeraCare Thermal shampoo. I wanted the hydrating shampoo but Sally's had sold out :lol: I think I like it better than the Cream of Nature so I will swap them and put the CON in the giveaway box.

I'm doing a protein treatment with Komaza. I used more than I usually do and tried to get my ends really well. I swear I have had this bottle forever. I don't think I have enough to do my whole head again so I think in the future I will do my ends and hope that helps.

Now I'm sitting under the dryer for probably 45 minutes to an hour. I will use the TGIN Deep Conditioner. I would love to do an overnight DC but I don't have that kind of time. I need my hair to be dry in the morning so I can get things done. If my schedule permits I will flat iron in the morning. I would love to flat iron tonight but I have a feeling that by 11, it will be lights out.

I rinsed out the Komaza and my hair felt great. But I had this film on my hair. I have never had that happen before. So I ended up shampooing again with the TGIN shampoo. I guess the KeraCare didn't get everything off my hair from last week.

I have the DC in now. I will leave it in for 2 hours, rinse, apply my leave-in, twist it up and sit under the dryer for a while to help it dry faster.

I rinsed out the Komaza and my hair felt great. But I had this film on my hair. I have never had that happen before. So I ended up shampooing again with the TGIN shampoo. I guess the KeraCare didn't get everything off my hair from last week.

I have the DC in now. I will leave it in for 2 hours, rinse, apply my leave-in, twist it up and sit under the dryer for a while to help it dry faster.
I sit under the dryer now too!

Y'all should know I don't kick people out by now :)

@shortdub is out here shaming us all, smh

I don't know when or if I'll reach shoulder length this year, but my hair is going to stay done in various protective styles since I'm in school plus starting a real job soon.
Thank you lady! lol I love y'all in here! I hate I had to hack my hair up all of last year, but it was necessary. I learned my lesson when it comes to products! Bleaching and using a protein gel everyday is not the way to go! Plus just being lazy! I would have been further along my journey.

I dried my hair in twist overnight. This morning I put on more leave in and installed some rollers to stretch it a bit. After breakfast and meditation my hair should be dry and I will start the flat iron process. Hopefully it won't take much longer than an hour or so.

I got a sew in y'all. I should have snapped a pic when I got blowdried right before the install but my hair is on the growwww. I'm like maybe beginning of neck length now.

Here's a pic of the sew in, I really like it. I usually do curly or kinky straight but I wanted the black Barbie super straight hair look :look: so I used hair that my stylist said was Phillipino. I feel like they just be choosing random ethnicities now to make it seem exotic :lol: Malaysian, Burmese, Thai :lol:

Last edited:
I flat ironed my hair on 330 that is high enough for me. I probably could have left it at 300. It didn't get as straight as December probably because I added that extra layer of leave-in this morning. That's fine. I would rather not dry my hair out any more than it is.

I think my hair is going to try to even out before it gains any real length. I gained something. I can see it more in crown which now reaches my nape. It looks a bit thicker. It looks healthier than it did in August. My nape has reached full shoulder. I want more of the back to reach SL before I call it. After flat ironing I was too tired to trim so I will trim tomorrow. Sally's is offering 30% off 1 product. I hope I can find that end repair from One & Only.

20170422_121706.jpg 20170422_121942.jpg 20170422_122142.jpg 20170422_122215.jpg

View attachment 396005 I got a sew in y'all. I should have snapped a pic when I got blowdried right before the install but my hair is on the growwww. I'm like maybe beginning of neck length now.

Here's a pic of the sew in, I really like it. I usually do curly or kinky straight but I wanted the black Barbie super straight hair look :look: so I used hair that my stylist said was Phillipino. I feel like they just be choosing random ethnicities now to make it seem exotic :lol: Malaysian, Burmese, Thai :lol:

They got your natural hair really straight. I'm amazed how well it matches the sew in.

Back