2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

I had a long night. And I'm up right now dealing with foolishness I shouldn't be. Lol
Oh lawd! Lol I'm not here for foolishness this week! I had enough of it last week! My new year starts today! I refuse to engage with people that are dead set on trying to throw me off of my square.

Go to bed! Watch something funny!

Oh lawd! Lol I'm not here for foolishness this week! I had enough of it last week! My new year starts today! I refuse to engage with people that are dead set on trying to throw me off of my square.

Go to bed! Watch something funny!
I was sitting here watching cartoons. Lol So I'm feeling ok. But people are crazy I tell ya.

I was stressed tf out about stuff I shouldn't be concerned with. I can't sleep when I am stressed. Haha
I hope you feel better and today is Sunday. I'm going to have a good day today. I started cleaning up. Cleaning up gives me a sense of control over things. I cleaning the windows! I'm going to get my nails done today too!

Your hair looks too cute for you to be stressing! Go play in it! Lol make a music video! Lol

I hope you feel better and today is Sunday. I'm going to have a good day today. I started cleaning up. Cleaning up gives me a sense of control over things. I cleaning the windows! I'm going to get my nails done today too!

Your hair looks too cute for you to be stressing! Go play in it! Lol make a music video! Lol

You're sooo sweet lol. I got my nails done yesterday. I think I will clean up too. A clean space makes me feel like a new person :hug2:

@beingofserenity I hope you're feeling better.

I was up this morning taking @shortdub78 advice. I was in the mirror playing in my hair and acting silly. I'm about to go do some yoga and stretch these muscles.

But y'all I love my hair. I got it so much straighter this time around. I used it's a 10 with keratin leave in, design essentials botanical oils and Paul Mitchell Super skinny serum on damp hair before I blow dried. My hair got so stinking straight even the ends.

Then I added design essentials silk Essentials and chi silk infusion before I flat ironed. I don't like the Chi silk infusion. I think that's why my hair was so weighed down. Next time I'll use more silk Essentials if I feel like I need it. I also used the comb chase method with no injuries and that helped a lot.

I was up this morning taking @shortdub78 advice. I was in the mirror playing in my hair and acting silly. I'm about to go do some yoga and stretch these muscles.

But y'all I love my hair. I got it so much straighter this time around. I used it's a 10 with keratin leave in, design essentials botanical oils and Paul Mitchell Super skinny serum on damp hair before I blow dried. My hair got so stinking straight even the ends.

Then I added design essentials silk Essentials and chi silk infusion before I flat ironed. I don't like the Chi silk infusion. I think that's why my hair was so weighed down. Next time I'll use more silk Essentials if I feel like I need it. I also used the comb chase method with no injuries and that helped a lot.

I would like to try the items you used to blowdry

Oops. For reference, here's what it looks like now. Hot mess.

Don't do your hair at 1 o'clock in the morning, ladies!

Attachments

• 20170402_014711.jpg
    20170402_014711.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • 20170402_014911.jpg
    20170402_014911.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20170402_014833.jpg
    20170402_014833.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53

I don't like CHI Serum either. It makes my hair dry. Your hair looks like glass!

So it took me entirely too long to do my hair this weekend. This was like my... sixth attempt. Not even kidding.

Attachments

• 20170402_221018-1.jpg
    20170402_221018-1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 20170402_220855-1.jpg
    20170402_220855-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 20170402_220653-1.jpg
    20170402_220653-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 20170402_220434-1.jpg
    20170402_220434-1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
I love freshly washed and conditioned hair. A week is as long as I can go.

My hair is in a bun and will REMAIN in this same bun until Sunday. I may readjust, but I will not recomb or brush. I will use my hands, a scarf and gel to re-smooth when necessary.
I've found I don't need as much gel as I used to use. Just enough to smooth flyaways and lay edges, so hopefully my hair won't dry out.

I was testing out a flat twist out today to see if it would work for an event this weekend. I love the front and sides but the back won't work :nono: It's still too short and it's less dense back there so you see a lot of parts and scalp. Then I end up having to separate the twist to much which causes loss of definition and it looks raggedy. So I'm shooting for a flat twist up the back towards the crown with curls in the front. I will be taking some bobby pins with me just in case.

20170407_223346.jpg

I was testing out a flat twist out today to see if it would work for an event this weekend. I love the front and sides but the back won't work :nono: It's still too short and it's less dense back there so you see a lot of parts and scalp. Then I end up having to separate the twist to much which causes loss of definition and it looks raggedy. So I'm shooting for a flat twist up the back towards the crown with curls in the front. I will be taking some bobby pins with me just in case.

View attachment 393969
Well the front looks on point!

View attachment 393969
The front looks great! And your hair looks super thick.

Back