2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

I'm going to start clay washing. What brand do you guys recommend. I used to use the Aztec secret bentonite clay on my face. It says something about deep poor cleansing so I'm not sure if it was meant to be multipurpose, but the only ingredient is 100% natural calcium bentonite (green) clay so idk.

I have that brand too and was gonna use it yesterday but decided against it for the same reason. Maybe next time with @faithVA's suggestion.

I'm going to start clay washing. What brand do you guys recommend. I used to use the Aztec secret bentonite clay on my face. It says something about deep poor cleansing so I'm not sure if it was meant to be multipurpose, but the only ingredient is 100% natural calcium bentonite (green) clay so idk.

:curtain: I use that brand for my hair and face just fine. I use it alone or mixed with other clays. I'd also suggest making sure your mix isn't too thick and your hair is really wet before applying.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll try the rassoul clay and I'll see what I can add to it. Definitely some honey.
I washed and deep conditioned on Sunday. I had a setback because I blow-dried my hair with the comb attachment. The ends were not looking good. Afterwards I did two strand twists. Today I unraveled the twists and did two flat twists back into a little puff.

I love her videos so much.

I'm sitting here looking at my hair like :look: because of her. I think I need a hair cut but I have already vowed to myself that I will put the scissors down until the first length check and maybe not even then. I just hate how uneven - I think - my hair is. People keep telling me it's not but I know it is because I had several trouble spots that have of course filled in but naturally they are significantly shorter than the rest. I'm worried that if I let it grow all out and go to a stylist to clean it up I'll be back at square one.

Can everyone tell I'm feeling particularly anxious about my hair today?

I'm sitting here looking at my hair like :look: because of her. I think I need a hair cut but I have already vowed to myself that I will put the scissors down until the first length check and maybe not even then. I just hate how uneven - I think - my hair is. People keep telling me it's not but I know it is because I had several trouble spots that have of course filled in but naturally they are significantly shorter than the rest. I'm worried that if I let it grow all out and go to a stylist to clean it up I'll be back at square one.

Her hair grew a lot ainxe august.

Yes woosah. If it's uneven and you are wearing it out just curl it up. No one can tell. Nothing wrong with even hair but trying to keep the hair even while at the same time trying to grow it out is just unnecessary stress.

OK I'll calm down. It's just when I straighten that I'm sitting there like NOOOOOOO. You're right about unnecessary stress @faithVA when I was weaving years and years ago I didn't pay any attention to growth or the hair being even underneath and I started out with a huge mess under my weaves. I barely cut anything. And by the end of the year I was in business.

Went to the salon and then had it evened out. Except during that time I didn't know anything about natural hair and I relaxed. Was nice for a minute and as soon as I started to get length my hair started thinning out. Relaxer ate up everything in the back. My hair just can't take them.

Attachments

• 1119121730a.jpg
    1119121730a.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 0119130057.jpg
    0119130057.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 35
OK I'll calm down. It's just when I straighten that I'm sitting there like NOOOOOOO. You're right about unnecessary stress @faithVA when I was weaving years and years ago I didn't pay any attention to growth or the hair being even underneath and I started out with a huge mess under my weaves. I barely cut anything. And by the end of the year I was in business.

Went to the salon and then had it evened out. Except during that time I didn't know anything about natural hair and I relaxed. Was nice for a minute and as soon as I started to get length my hair started thinning out. Relaxer ate up everything in the back. My hair just can't take them.
Yeah just let that grow out. You can decide to even out at APL or something if you really, really want it.

is this your hair now? it grew so much!

I finally bit the bullet and just bought two bottles of terresentials clay. I've been wanting to try them for over 6 years now...... I don't feel like figuring out the right proportions of product to mix right now.

I've only got one more use of my deep conditioner, so I need to replenish that sometime this or next week.

I finally bit the bullet and just bought two bottles of terresentials clay. I've been wanting to try them for over 6 years now...... I don't feel like figuring out the right proportions of product to mix right now.

I've only got one more use of my deep conditioner, so I need to replenish that sometime this or next week.
Ohhhh tell us how you like them?

@KammyGirl
My hair is in layers and it's uneven from cutting those damaged ends. I plan on cutting it even, when I reach BSL. That means I'll be Full APL. I will just trim when needed until then. Just wear it curly, or feathered when you wear it straight.
Yeah that's the plan. No scissors and curly styles...and wigs. If I can ever stop feeling ridiculous in them. LOL

I forgot to tell y'all, I braided my hair Tuesday. I did box braids in the front and then whatever in the back lol. I did them kinda small, but they came out pretty good. Hopefully I can get at least two weeks out of them.
Can we see? I want to do box braids but I've been waiting for more length.

Girl, I can't style the back of my head to save my life LOL. I just kinda guessed and used a hand mirror to make sure it wasn't too jacked up. I'll get better with practice!
As long as the braids on top /in front provide some coverage it's all good! :lol:

Back