2016 A P L/b S L Challenge

I have been mia for months now. Just been going through the most. I had to have hip surgery (that was what was wrong with my leg and why I had been in pain for so long), grandma has been in and out of the hospital. Just a lot of things to deal with. My hair seems to have taken a stand still I think. I haven't done anything different, still washing, cowashing, dcing and keeping it in a protective style. It's grown a lot however I'm not retaining and idk why. Anyway just wanted to try and catch up with everyone.

I have been mia for months now. Just been going through the most. I had to have hip surgery (that was what was wrong with my leg and why I had been in pain for so long), grandma has been in and out of the hospital. Just a lot of things to deal with. My hair seems to have taken a stand still I think. I haven't done anything different, still washing, cowashing, dcing and keeping it in a protective style. It's grown a lot however I'm not retaining and idk why. Anyway just wanted to try and catch up with everyone.
Glad you are on the road to recovery. I hope your grandmother also gets better soon.

Your hair could be at a standstill just due to stress. So make sure to take care of the basics: eat well, drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep, rest and try to settle your mind. :bighug:

Glad you are on the road to recovery. I hope your grandmother also gets better soon.

Your hair could be at a standstill just due to stress. So make sure to take care of the basics: eat well, drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep, rest and try to settle your mind. :bighug:
Thank you Sis! I'm recovering well and hoping grandma will too. Yes I do believe it is definitely stress related now that you mention it. I will have to do what you suggest for sure. Great to be back.

Okay so this is how I've been wearing my natural hair before surgery...
image.jpeg image.jpeg
And then wigging it after surgery. Just did some faux locs too
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png

This is my length as you can see I haven't been retaining and you can see my growth from my grays in the next pic that shows how much it's grown out since beginning of the year. I haven't henna'd in forever.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    702.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 59
Okay so this is how I've been wearing my natural hair before surgery...
View attachment 368413 View attachment 368415
And then wigging it after surgery. Just did some faux locs too
View attachment 368419 View attachment 368421 View attachment 368423 View attachment 368425 View attachment 368417 View attachment 368427

This is my length as you can see I haven't been retaining and you can see my growth from my grays in the next pic that shows how much it's grown out since beginning of the year. I haven't henna'd in forever.
Nice!

Im in Guys!!!

Join the Challenge
  1. Current hair length - APL (finally lol)
  2. Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning - Natural
  3. Goal Month - December 2016!
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices - My hair is out now but mostly Mini twists will be my protective style!
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? Nothing? just being consistent!
  6. Post a beginning picture..coming soon!

Wigs for the whole rest of the year again starting next week! :)

As for my rollersetting: I'll still have to rollerset my leave out for half wigs. other than that, i'll just practice and then put it under a wig :D.... i'll reserve hardcore rollersetting for next year. whenever I feel more comfortable wearing my hair out.

I shampooed and conditioned my canerows and also my wig to refresh it for the week and left it on my mannequin head to dry overnight

This morning I am:

Prepooing with Hairdrenalin Potion on my scalp and Hemp Seed oil on the length of my hair with a conditioning cap for 30 minutes

Shampooing with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Conditioning with Keracare Super Reconstructor followed up with NG Mango and Coconut Water Infused Deep Conditioner

Moisturizing with Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer

Sealing with Bekura Apple and Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup.

My coworker says my hair is saying to my braids"let my peoplllle goooo!" jerk lol. i'm taking them out between today and thursday. I did buy four wigs. two "annie" wigs. 3c whirly and my fav isis.. i prefer bs202 and to cut it like i want it, but i tried bs201 this time.

Just completed day 1 of my inversions for the month of August, massage 5 minutes, no oil.

Last edited:
Just baggying my canerows for a hour with African pride shea butter hair moisturiser before I go to work and pop that wig straight back on .

Last edited:
I am getting a trim next Friday, so it will be interesting to see how much she cuts off. I am not gonna have her even up my accidental cut from the crochet braids either.

Last night I completed day 5 of my inversions for August

Today:

Prepoo - AVJ and ST Sweet Potatoe Pie hair Cream
Shampoo - Macadamia Natural Oil Moisture poo
Deep Conditioner - NG Mango and Coconut Deep Conditioner
Moisturizer - Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer
Sealant - ST Cupuacu Carrot Moisture Butter

I think I am getting close to BSL. Maybe? I've been wearing my hair twisted in a bun so I wouldn't have to do much to it.

I am going to wash and deep condition it tomorrow. My hair definitely needs some TLC. :2inlove:

Oh an please excuse my fat back in the picture. Still trying to lose this nursing school weight.:look:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Nothing important really just prepping my girls hair for my grandma services on Wednesday. I already straightened one head. Gonna either throw some big rollers in it tonight or wrap it. She's a crazy sleeper so ummmm might go with the rollers and a scarf. Took my locs out this week and braided my hair down for one of my wigs. Anyway here's my baby after doing her head. Last pic shows what I used. It's supposed to help with manageability when I want her to wear her hair curly and help keep it straight if I want to press it. This is first time using this product so we shall see after a few weeks how it really holds up. Sorry dk why my pics aren't showing
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nothing important really just prepping my girls hair for my grandma services on Wednesday. I already straightened one head. Gonna either throw some big rollers in it tonight or wrap it. She's a crazy sleeper so ummmm might go with the rollers and a scarf. Took my locs out this week and braided my hair down for one of my wigs. Anyway here's my baby after doing her head. Last pic shows what I used. It's supposed to help with manageability when I want her to wear her hair curly and help keep it straight if I want to press it. This is first time using this product so we shall see after a few weeks how it really holds up. Sorry dk why my pics aren't showing
View attachment 369719
View attachment 369721
@HairPleezeGrow

What is that Avlon product about? Is it like a texlaxer or something like that? I've never seen that one. My interest is definitely peaked:yep:

Back