2016 A P L/b S L Challenge

I'm on my honeymoon in Jamaica, and I brought nothing but Vatika oil and Aubrey Organics HSR. (My hair's been in cornrows for about 6 weeks now what with my undergrad graduation and my wedding)
My hair has been feeling pretty good, but I can't wait to do a treatment with Shea Moisture's Superfruit 10 in 1 masque and Babyface Protein when I get back.

I cowashed my hair this morning with Aussie Moist Conditioner before heading out to church.

After church I moisturized my hair with Oyin Hair Dew sealed with a combination of ceramide butters, massaged some hairdrenalin potion on my scalp and inverted for 5 minutes. Now my hair is nice and super soft.

I'm on my honeymoon in Jamaica, and I brought nothing but Vatika oil and Aubrey Organics HSR. (My hair's been in cornrows for about 6 weeks now what with my undergrad graduation and my wedding)
My hair has been feeling pretty good, but I can't wait to do a treatment with Shea Moisture's Superfruit 10 in 1 masque and Babyface Protein when I get back.

@alex114, congrats on your marriage!

I need products! I feel like I'm in hair jail. Subjecting my hair to sub-par ish. I need to never be this low on my staples again.

I seem to do one twist out per year:look:. This one is prepped with Entwine Crème Jellé Styler. My hair was feeling super dry thanks to a poor experiment with other gels. I needed to do something.

Anyway I've had this product for ages (before I got rid of my relaxed ends in 2014) but never tried before- I blame my old PJ ways. I'm hoping it will give me some life before wash day (maybe Friday).Instasize_0622224901.jpg

This was Monday. I posted in the wrong board. ..

i'm thinking of texlaxing my hair with mizani butter blends and avocado oil.

i always get to this point and want to put some sort of process on it.. end up regretting it or breaking it.. and starting over. does that stop me? no. now i want to texlax...huuuhghhh...

in efforts to think rationally... my problem is that i'm tired of not having styled hair.

For one thing, I am totally! over!! my old braids (trying for wait for the end of the month when I have one day off and I can put in a new set) ..... second. i'm tired of having nappy roots... well, i'm just tired of having nappy roots with my braids.

I know that I"m not any where near where I want my hair to be so i'm going to have to have another round of braids... maybe. I want to style my hair. I want to have real grown up hair styles for once in my adult life... well not just once but whatever. I'm tired of my old braids. I'm having a mental break down. I dont know. I'll come back later for my continued thoughts

Now for today. ..I ended up taking my braids down Monday. I cowashed it with my moisture rinse, shampood, and put cholesterol on for...not very long. I was so tired. I put it in plaits and then four french braids with marley hair in the morning.

I bought a new detangling brush this morning and I plan to change out of these French braids this weekend. Idk what I'll change to.

Take down this morning. My hair feels soft, if a little sticky but that's just me- never liked to feel a lot of product on my hair. There is still some product showing but i'm not surprised because I used a fair amount and had gel on my hair before I started. My smaller twists were really defined.

Separated and created a messy bun.Instasize_0623124930.jpg Instasize_0623125000.jpg Instasize_0623113617.jpg

This was Monday. I posted in the wrong board. ..

i'm thinking of texlaxing my hair with mizani butter blends and avocado oil.

i always get to this point and want to put some sort of process on it.. end up regretting it or breaking it.. and starting over. does that stop me? no. now i want to texlax...huuuhghhh...

in efforts to think rationally... my problem is that i'm tired of not having styled hair.

For one thing, I am totally! over!! my old braids (trying for wait for the end of the month when I have one day off and I can put in a new set) ..... second. i'm tired of having nappy roots... well, i'm just tired of having nappy roots with my braids.

I know that I"m not any where near where I want my hair to be so i'm going to have to have another round of braids... maybe. I want to style my hair. I want to have real grown up hair styles for once in my adult life... well not just once but whatever. I'm tired of my old braids. I'm having a mental break down. I dont know. I'll come back later for my continued thoughts
Why dont you try some type of rollerset for a while. Some of the ladies in the Setting 2016 challenge do rollersets all year long. Or maybe do a Marley braid type bun. That way you have a style but protecting your ends at the same time.

Take down this morning. My hair feels soft, if a little sticky but that's just me- never liked to feel a lot of product on my hair. There is still some product showing but i'm not surprised because I used a fair amount and had gel on my hair before I started. My smaller twists were really defined.

Separated and created a messy bun.View attachment 364923 View attachment 364921 View attachment 364925
That turned out nicely. Is this what I have to look forward to at APL? :lick:

You sure do (even though I don't think I'm quite there yet:abducted:).
Thats because you are in denial. Your twist hang to shoulder even pulled up. If they were down they probably hang close to full shoulder. So if untwisted and stretched they have to be. Lose to APL.

My twist are nowhere near yours and I'm SL so I would put money on your being APL. The front may not be there but the rest is.

You will probably wait until the end of the year to claim it and end up being BSL. :Lol:

Thats because you are in denial. Your twist hang to shoulder even pulled up. If they were down they probably hang close to full shoulder. So if untwisted and stretched they have to be. Lose to APL.

My twist are nowhere near yours and I'm SL so I would put money on your being APL. The front may not be there but the rest is.

You will probably wait until the end of the year to claim it and end up being BSL. :Lol:

This hair dysmorphia is real Faith:rofl:. Because of the shape of my hair (some kind of inverted bob-come-shag) I know some parts will probably be BSB before I'm ready to claim APL.

I don't pull/ measure often, don't wear my hair stretched, and I'm yet to straighten so length really does creep up on me.

Admittedly, I have pulled on some scrags and they've surprised me by stretching a little past APL, but it really is only what I call my corners (by my ears) the back is full SL. The rest has a little way to go. I know not all my hair has to reach APL to be APL but even in that loose twist pic I can see the distinction between my lowest, longest layer (possible APL) and the rest (Full SL). I'm not comfortable claiming APL with the amount of hair that is there. It's just not all there yet.
Not to mention I tend to use products that elongate my coils. Lol.

This hair dysmorphia is real Faith:rofl:. Because of the shape of my hair (some kind of inverted bob-come-shag) I know some parts will probably be BSB before I'm ready to claim APL.

I don't pull/ measure often, don't wear my hair stretched, and I'm yet to straighten so length really does creep up on me.

Admittedly, I have pulled on some scrags and they've surprised me by stretching a little past APL, but it really is only what I call my corners (by my ears) the back is full SL. The rest has a little way to go. I know not all my hair has to reach APL to be APL but even in that loose twist pic I can see the distinction between my lowest, longest layer (possible APL) and the rest (Full SL). I'm not comfortable claiming APL with the amount of hair that is there. It's just not all there yet.
Not to mention I tend to use products that elongate my coils. Lol.
You ain't fooling nobody. I pulled my little measly twist together and got nothing.

I will wait until December. :Yep:

It's wash day. I plan to prepoo my scalp with Alter Ego to reduce shedding. Then I'll wash with Curl Ideal Cleansing conditioner and airdry. This will be my first time using a cleansing conditioner as a natural. I plan to straighten my hair afterwards.

Okay tonight I did a 5 minute massage and inversion session but no oil was used. I was too lazy to apply the oil tonight.

I think I will skip the June LC. My last LC was on 5/6. I can't imagine that I have had noticeable growth, since I seem to retain less than 1/2 inch a yr. I figure, every 2-4 months should be long enough to see if there's noticeable retention.

My hair appointment this morning went extremely well. Reniece will continue to get my coins. The appointment started on time, I had 100% of her attention, she is so gentle (even when blowdrying) and she is just pleasant and engaging.

She gave me an A on my 'report card'.
I maintained my hemline, had a reduced number of short hairs (which means I am avoiding breakage near to scalp), an obvious increase in density, thickness AND length.

I am hype right nah. I already made my next appointment date :yay:

I need a thread for cutting budget and grocery bills.

@apple_natural, meal planning will definitely help control the grocery bill. Also set a budget per person to give you a guideline for what you should spend. For example I typically allot $150 per person a month. May not sound like much but when your meals are planned I'm more purposeful about what I purchase instead of blindly shopping. HTH...

Back