2016 A P L/b S L Challenge

@HairPleezeGrow

What is that Avlon product about? Is it like a texlaxer or something like that? I've never seen that one. My interest is definitely peaked:yep:
Hey hun from what I've read it isn't a texlax and doesn't have formaldehyde in it or anything like that. Amino acids are activated by heat. It's supposed to help better manage your hair in natural state or if you want to wear it straight.

Well I went to my stylist for a trim, and came out with a 2-4 inch cut and shape. I SPECIFICALLY told her MULTIPLE times NOT to even up or shape my hair. Just lightly trim it and she cut off this year's progress! I was 1" away from the top of bsl, to collar bone length. I am so upset. I know it's only hair and it will grow back, but I am so upset about the! Never again, I will NOT go back to her.

Eta photos

Attachments

• 20160506_165704.jpg
    20160506_165704.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • 20160813_180633.jpg
    20160813_180633.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 20160702_160800.jpg
    20160702_160800.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Well I went to my stylist for a trim, and came out with a 3-4 inch cut and shape. I SPECIFICALLY told her MULTIPLE times NOT to even up or shape my hair. Just lightly trim it and she cut off this year's progress! I was 1" away from the top of bsl, to collar bone length. I am so upset. I know it's only hair and it will grow back, but I am so upset about the! Never again, I will NOT go back to her.
:bighug: I'm so sorry.

Well I went to my stylist for a trim, and came out with a 3-4 inch cut and shape. I SPECIFICALLY told her MULTIPLE times NOT to even up or shape my hair. Just lightly trim it and she cut off this year's progress! I was 1" away from the top of bsl, to collar bone length. I am so upset. I know it's only hair and it will grow back, but I am so upset about the! Never again, I will NOT go back to her.
@ajargon02

I hate it when that happens and I'm sorry it happened to you. Next time you go get your hair trim, tell the stylist that if she cut off more than you tell her, you'd sue or she'd never see you again as a stylist plus, you will tell everyone you know she jacked up your hair. Plus if they want to get paid, then do as you ask. Make sure to record the conversation if you can.

I can't stand it when stylist cut off more hair than what I requested. Plus now I even hold a hand mirror in my hand to see what they're doing back there AND I ask to see what they trimmed as they are trimming it. These jealous stylist need to get their act together and just do what we tell them, and not what they want.

Last edited:
This morning I

Prepooed
with Pumpkin Seed Butter mixed with Biolage Aloe Hydrasource Conditioning Balm for 25 minutes
Clarified with Elucence Clarifying Shampoo
Exfoliated my scalp with Nixion Scalp Renew in preparation of using my Netwurks 21 Hair Revitalizer later today
Currently Deep Conditioning with Bekura Cocoa Bark mixed with Bekura YAM Nectar for 30 minutes
Plaiting my hair up in 4 big plaits and wigging it for the day
Moisturize much later with Bekura Honey Latte
Seal with Bekura Apple and Sorghum Hair Syrup

i have my hair braided and some out all around. i tried to do a twist out and curl to blend with the half wig I have, but I either should have done a braid out and curl or flat twist the front. I just flat twisted the sides. it still looks decent, however.

My girls hair is holding up well. Think I'm going to wash it this weekend and do a twistout on them. They're really loving it so much and I'm shocked the humidity hasn't gotten to their heads bc that's the problem we always have and with me not straightening their hair often they're kind of heat resistant.
I haven't done a darn thing to my head lol. Have just been keeping it braided down for my wigs but it's gotten so hot so the day before yesterday I braided it down in six braids for a braidout on Sunday. We shall see how this goes smh.

Had an interview today so threw on a wig. My hair is still braided down for a braidout on Sunday. My sister called me while she was at work so I could do a makeup tutorial via FaceTime for her coworkers lol couldn't help but laugh bc I was like don't y'all have work to do but I let them watch me. Anyway here's today's look
image.jpeg

Today I:

Color
with Matrix Demi Permanent color in black
Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Condition with NG Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm Conditioner - I really need some more of this conditioner and I will purchase the large jar next with the Mango and Coconut Conditioner as well.

Bunning damp hair using CRN Curl Maker under Wetline Xtreme Gel.
Seal with HQS Coconut Lime Oil

Nothing important really just prepping my girls hair for my grandma services on Wednesday. I already straightened one head. Gonna either throw some big rollers in it tonight or wrap it. She's a crazy sleeper so ummmm might go with the rollers and a scarf. Took my locs out this week and braided my hair down for one of my wigs. Anyway here's my baby after doing her head. Last pic shows what I used. It's supposed to help with manageability when I want her to wear her hair curly and help keep it straight if I want to press it. This is first time using this product so we shall see after a few weeks how it really holds up. Sorry dk why my pics aren't showing
View attachment 369719
View attachment 369721
I just checked into this and I believe it's supposed to work similar to a Brazilian Keratin treatment because it is activated with heat. It may have some formaldehyde in it to make that happen. This isn't something I would personally want for my own hair because of my fine strands but for sure it works for thicker textures. I know this would cause me irreparable heat damage. I'm extremely careful about how much heat I use on my hair.

Had an interview today so threw on a wig. My hair is still braided down for a braidout on Sunday. My sister called me while she was at work so I could do a makeup tutorial via FaceTime for her coworkers lol couldn't help but laugh bc I was like don't y'all have work to do but I let them watch me. Anyway here's today's look
View attachment 370919
Very pretty @HairPleezeGrow. How did the interview go?

I want to wash and deep condition my hair today but I'm wondering if I should just leave it alone until I get my hair done on Thursday morning. Hmm

I just checked into this and I believe it's supposed to work similar to a Brazilian Keratin treatment because it is activated with heat. It may have some formaldehyde in it to make that happen. This isn't something I would personally want for my own hair because of my fine strands but for sure it works for thicker textures. I know this would cause me irreparable heat damage. I'm extremely careful about how much heat I use on my hair.
Yes I understand same with me. I have fine hair and this would definitely give me some heat damage. My girls have very thick strands so I'm hoping it won't alter their patterns. Washed one of my girls head last night and the curl pattern return with no damage and it would have been two weeks today since I did it. I probably won't use it again just bc of the amount of heat with the very first time but it works well. And I straighten her hair again with just one pass only on very low heat this time. Hoping for the best.

Your hair looks good!! I like this a lot.

Right now I have some Redken Extreme Builder Plus mixed with AVJ and Avocado oil on my hair for maybe 20 minutes as aprepoo/DC on dry hair.

Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo

Possible Oil Rinse with hot Avocado oil

Moisture DC with NG Marshmallow Root DC mixed with SSI Riche Moisture Masque. I only have a little of the NG Marshmallow leftover so I have to make it up to fit my whole head.

Leave-In using NG Hibiscus & Honey Leave in conditioner.

i kind of conditioned my hair this Sunday or Monday and pressed it. The hair that is left out around the perimeter. Still have it in a half wig that I love... oh i also trimmed it. i've trimmed a couple of times this summer. just a dust

Four months left. I'll aim to be really regular with my vitamins and just cruise on to the end of the year to see what happens. I just hope I don't go backwards, but progress even a little

@HairPleezeGrow My condolences to you. I pray that as a little time has passed- you are coping. :2inlove:

Sept 16 LC.jpg Sept 16 LC Shirt Off.jpg Length Check 2.jpg On a HHJ note, the wig looks great on you! I posted a different picture in the APL Challenge thread...Then, I realized that I have a length check shirt. I've attached both sets of pics. I've still got a LONG way to go to reach BSB/BSL (around 3 inches). I'll just keep trucking along- looking at you ladies for inspiration :bouncy:

Back