2016 A P L/b S L Challenge

I'm on cruise control with my regimen. I wash every week or 2 and dc for 30 minutes (everything is done in braided sections). Then I finger detangle and flatiron on low to stretch my roots. Keeping my hair stretched allows me to easily moisturize and I never get matting or ssks anymore. I wear wigs almost daily with a satin bonnet instead of a wig cap.

I ran out of clarifying shampoo so I need to buy a bottle for my first lather. Other than that I won't be buying any new products until my No Buy challenge is over (after July 31).

Still in my uber long braids. I love them. They are doing well. I wish I would wear my bonnet more regularly, but that's all. I've been taking my vitamins. Yay. I'm just waiting. It's only been about a month.

Hi Ladies!! Just checking in...My hair is still braided up...I'm still unable to put my weight on my foot so it's left me pretty immobile...But, on the bright side- maybe this was a Hide Your Hair challenge in the making...Coconut oil has been my best friend... I hope everyone is doing well! :toocool::toocool:

So I installed crochet braids and I am hoping I can make it with them in for a month.

I spray them 2x a day with infusium 23 mixed with vatika oil and eo's to keep the itchiness away and to moisturize my hair underneath.

Last edited:
Trying to do twist outs but I'm in south Florida and it's hot and humid. My twistout ma end of being Afros at the end of the day.
Last night I tried the blueberry control paste by curls and my twist out lasted all day. Finally.
Anyone have tips on twist out in humid weather?

The relaxer I got this weekend was much needed I don't think i'll stretch that long again. Giving my hair a much needed break by co-washing and bunning for the next week and then I may get my hair braided (depending on how my scalp feels).

So I installed crochet braids and I am hoping I can make it with them in for a month.

I spray them 2x a day with infusium 23 mixed with vatika oil and eo's to keep the itchiness away and to moisturize my hair underneath.

So I took them out already. I just had to get at my scalp and wash it. It was just so itchy.
I accidentally cut off my hair while taking them out. Sucks! But it will grow back. In the meantime, I am gonna have to try to hide the cut bit.

So I took them out already. I just had to get at my scalp and wash it. It was just so itchy.
I accidentally cut off my hair while taking them out. Sucks! But it will grow back. In the meantime, I am gonna have to try to hide the cut bit.

Same thing here. Just took my faux locs out after almost 4 weeks. My scalp was dry but my hair was silky as can be. I need to get some water on my scalp more than I do when I protective style.

Last year I BC'd a braid in the front of my hair trying to get my crochet braids out. Its now back to 6 inches. SMH

I reeeally need to rebraid my edges at least. I think I'll do this tonight. I started crossfit and I start fulltime today !!! yay!! That gets me focused on other things than my slow hair growth. I have completed my 60 day biotin and will be purchasing another bottle today

I'll be back to wigs by the end of this week , currently making my wig and with working late nights it's taking a while plus I just received my hair yesterday and I need to get back started on my hair vits again

1. Current hair length Grazing APL
  2. Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning natural transitioning from damaged hair
  3. Goal Month Dec 2016 for below APL with healthy ends
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices wash 2x week deep condish weekly. detangle hair with pre-poo mix before washing LOC method before styling for braid out
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? Add supplements for overall health,get back to excerising and up water intake
  6. Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 38
My hair is so much easier to deal with when I have a fresh relaxer I may go back to only stretching my relaxers to 10-11 weeks.

I prepooed with Banyan's Hair Oil for 2 hours, Hendigoing right now and will be using Aussie Moist Conditioner to cowash it out,

-followed by Redken Time Reset Shampoo

-Too tired to DC today and probably will do so tomorrow

I have no idea what I'll be using to moisturize and seal just yet though.

Happy Sunday Lovelies!!!:2inlove:

So...I'm still here...still on full FMLA but inching towards being able to return to work for at least half days...What that means for hair is that I have been keeping it braided. My friend comes and re-braids every week and half to two weeks. Yesterday, I pre-poo'ed, set under the steamer, and then got my hair washed, blow-dried, and re-braided...I also gave myself a little trim (very necessary). I don't know how much my hair has grown, but I feel like it should be healthy. Coconut oil is my saving grace-- for my hair, skin, I slather it on errthang!! :spinning::spinning:

have not rebraided anything lol. i'm planning on it, though. eventually i will get to it.
i wish i felt comfortable wearing my hair out, but i don't. what's more, i think it will be in such a better state if i just keep up braiding my hair for a while.

I'll do my length check the last week of June at my quarterly appointment with Reniece. *crosses fingers*

I just want to be grazing APL by December this year. Then I can focus on full APL which would be the longest my hair has ever been.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are already grazing APL once your hair is straightened. That bun was way too big for just SL. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Yesterday, I pre-poo with SM shea conditioner,honey,water, casator oil and some Marc Anthony conditioner im trying to use up. Them I poo'ed with SM superfruit in loose cornrows,DC'ed with SM shea reconstructive and then did a hot oil treatment/oil rinse. I styled my hair in a flat twist out, which turned out pretty well.:yep:

Hi Ladies

I would like to join. I was over in the Bsl/Mbl challenge dreaming but it's not going to happen this year so...
-Current Length : in between Sl and Apl
-Texlaxed
-Apl goal Sept 2016
-Current Reggie- I just put 2 strand twists in, my hair only, and plan on keeping those until sept. Inversions for a week one week a month. Biotin everyday, MN massages 2-3 times a week, GHE 2-3 times a week. CoWashing once a week in between shampoos. Shampoo/condition and deep condition once a week
- I don't plan on changing anything just staying consistent. I had a huge hair cutting fail at the beginning of the year (I'll add a pic so you can laugh with me...image.jpg So uneven, decided to snip off my ends while air drying in 2 twists back in January lol) but it's growing back. I'm just slowing trimming to even it back up.
image.jpg ... Last length check pic from April 10. It's about the same length since I did a trim in May.

Just finished my take down of 5 week old cornrows, accomplished with minimal breakage. I really love the 'harp string' method for detangling and have used it for the last 6 months with success. Also my hair seems to continue to thicken up. I am really interested to hear Reniece's opinion.

I will go back into bigger cornrows - maybe 6 max, so I can rock my wig until my hair appointment.

This morning I prepooed with an avj/pracaxi/pumpkin seed oil combo for 20 minutes ,then Moroccan Natural Oil Weightless Shampoo followed by 15 minutes of Keracare Super Reconstructor and 10 minutes if Keracare 5 in 1 Reconstructor.

My leave in will be Redken Antyis Snap Leave in. I have a combination of butters that I will be using to seal my hair with later.

Last edited:
I just finished detangling with my pre-poo condish mix. Im wayyyy to tried from work to finish my hair tonite. I'll try to finish tomorrow after work,if not when ill wash next week then.

Back