2015 APL/BSL Challenge

I havent used my Green Magic lately. I got tired of not being able yo get the smell out of my hair on wash day. Im going to massage with something else. Maybe Sprout. Until im ready to get back in to Green Magic

I decided to keep my hair straight until I put in my sew in which will be this week coming. Hopefully my hair arrives by Tuesday so I can install on Wednesday. I enjoyed seeing my little bit of length :-)

I feel the same way!!! When I ended up relaxing last year, I was on the fence about being a straight-haired natural. Since I've BC'd, I've straightened my hair 4 or 5 times :look:. My hair is at the length where it doesn't look crazy straight, and I can easily style it compared to when it's in its curly state. I haven't even been wrapping or rolling my hair at night. I just do a low pony, tie on my scarf and comb it down in the morning. I love it!!! I'm trying to get 3 weeks out of this bad boy (down 1 and it's still straight) :lick:. Even if my hair only lasts 2 weeks, I'm definitely going to keep straightening my hair regularly :yep:
I know exactly what you mean. I usually shampoo once a week like clock work but I'm skipping wash day this weekend because my hair still looks good. I haven't been wrapping either I just make a bun without a hair tie and wear my scarf. I've looked so much more presentable at work lol I'm going to try a braidout and see how it compares.

Still wigging it. Today I took my daughter to get her nails done. She got pretty pink color. I got a new style of nails in a red color with rhinestones. Also did a matte purple lip.

ForumRunner_20150207_212623.jpg

ForumRunner_20150207_212637.jpg

ForumRunner_20150207_212654.jpg

ForumRunner_20150207_212706.jpg

ForumRunner_20150207_212716.jpg

Roller set today. I posted in the setting challenge. image-714945857.jpg I am going to roll my hair going back next time and wear it curly. I am I plan on washing my hair Tuesday and wash it again Saturday? I'm not going to use heat Tuesday, but will Saturday. I'm going to pin my hair up and wear a pretty clip. I plan on using suave almond and shea to dc with and mizani the next wash day. I plan to moisturize my hair 1-2 between wash days and just use oil.

Last edited:
Roller set today. I posted in the setting challenge. I am going to roll my hair going back next time and wear it curly. I am I plan on washing my hair Tuesday and wash it again Saturday? I'm not going to use heat Tuesday, but will Saturday. I'm going to pin my hair up and wear a pretty clip. I plan on using suave almond and shea to dc with and mizani the next wash day. I plan to moisturize my hair 1-2 between wash days and just use oil.

You did an awesome job smoothing it out. Looks very nice!

I ended up taking out my cornrows last name. My scalp SANG in relief. I've been scratching ever since and I'm about to wash my hair as soon as I get my lazy butt out of bed

My hair has grown since my trim 3 weeks ago. The front and crown grows the quickest. The front is about an inch past my chin. Happy!!! :) first positive hair post since I've joined. Can't wait till I start a set regimen and begin to see real results. My back needs the most attention.

I've set a time limit of no more than 4 hours on my hair a week. I may shorten it but for now I think having this will help me stay sane esp with my studies and priorities piling up.

Pink lip today! I bought a bunch of lipsticks from Milani Cosmetics and I absolutely love them. I know this has nothing to do with hair but I do have on my wig lol. I also cowashed my hair today with Tresemme flawless curls conditioner. I then applied cantu leave in and shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen, grow, restore, leave in and styling lotion. My hair is still in a beehive.

ForumRunner_20150208_145642.jpg

ForumRunner_20150208_145653.jpg

Pink lip today! I bought a bunch of lipsticks from Milani Cosmetics and I absolutely love them. I know this has nothing to do with hair but I do have on my wig lol. I also cowashed my hair today with Tresemme flawless curls conditioner. I then applied cantu leave in and shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen, grow, restore, leave in and styling lotion. My hair is still in a beehive.
Try aveda pink lotus for a bright pink lip-but not too bright that it's scary. It's my go to.

pretty as usual! I bought a much of brown/nude lippies from NYX.

Thank you. I did get a nude. It's beautiful...along with a ton of different pink shades, a purple and red. I would like to try brown but not sure if it'll look too dark.
you look nice in dark lipstick! You could make it work! If you don't want to wear a cool tone brown, just grab one that has red undertones for more warmth. I want some more orange and purples. I have different ones in my kit, but want to add some for my personal collection. I haven't been promoting myself on the prom side since I had my baby, but I need to get on that. I will get a couple of models and post some looks on FB. Ok back to hair! Lol

Last edited:
Hey y'all! My subscription needed renewing but I didn't receive notification. I was up here thinking lhcf had gone mad and poofed threads. Glad I finally logged in on the computer.

I'm still rocking kinky twists but they are loosening up. I haven't even washed in them yet. I have been using sulfur oil mic on my scalp and groganics on my edges.

See why do you ladies do this to me?! I just went alllllll the way to redneck Walmart to get the black radiance BB cream since it was the only store in a 30 mile area to have and picked up more stuff and now I'll probably run to target and get more spring lip colors! My budget weeps

I ordered the sensationnel empress Connie l part wig and in hoping it'll get here by Friday. It looked horrid on the model but much better on the reviews

See why do you ladies do this to me?! I just went alllllll the way to redneck Walmart to get the black radiance BB cream since it was the only store in a 30 mile area to have and picked up more stuff and now I'll probably run to target and get more spring lip colors! My budget weeps I ordered the sensationnel empress Connie l part wig and in hoping it'll get here by Friday. It looked horrid on the model but much better on the reviews
red is the new color for spring! I'm glad I don't follow trends. I'm not into red lips right now. I'm into Browns! Lol

Ladies I experienced a massive setback when I failed to properly detangle my hair after my weave takedown. My hair dreaded up during a wash, it was horrible. For days I walked around with these huge balls of knotted hair and tried everything from conditioner and coconut oil to a detangler and those knots just formed even more smaller knots. I finally gave up and went to a salon where they just ripped through my hair to get them out. It was either that or a TWA since these knots were at the bottom.

My hair is now detangled, but I lost both length and volume through this trauma. I'm not giving up though and take every experience as a lesson. I've lost confidence though in my ability to care for my own hair myself.

Ladies I experienced a massive setback when I failed to properly detangle my hair after my weave takedown. My hair dreaded up during a wash, it was horrible. For days I walked around with these huge balls of knotted hair and tried everything from conditioner and coconut oil to a detangler and those knots just formed even more smaller knots. I finally gave up and went to a salon where they just ripped through my hair to get them out. It was either that or a TWA since these knots were at the bottom. My hair is now detangled, but I lost both length and volume through this trauma. I'm not giving up though and take every experience as a lesson. I've lost confidence though in my ability to care for my own hair myself.
I know how you feel and I experienced a similar setback. I'm going through a setback now. You know what went wrong, so now you know what not to do. We just have to listen to what our hair needs and remember that less is more. You got a fresh start! Go from there! I am trying to figure how to get my hair back on the right track too. I'm back to washing twice a week, roller setting, and not being concerned with having straight roots.

Ladies I experienced a massive setback when I failed to properly detangle my hair after my weave takedown. My hair dreaded up during a wash, it was horrible. For days I walked around with these huge balls of knotted hair and tried everything from conditioner and coconut oil to a detangler and those knots just formed even more smaller knots. I finally gave up and went to a salon where they just ripped through my hair to get them out. It was either that or a TWA since these knots were at the bottom. My hair is now detangled, but I lost both length and volume through this trauma. I'm not giving up though and take every experience as a lesson. I've lost confidence though in my ability to care for my own hair myself.

The way to take down a weave it to drench it in oil and detangle. Do NOT add any water based products until you have fully fully detangled. Meaning, you can run a comb through it. No conditioner, no water, no shampoo, no KCNT, no nothing other than oil.

I know people say "oh I just put conditioner on it and let it sit and al my tangles melt away"
Ummmmm no!

It is a very hard lesson to learn :(

Ladies I experienced a massive setback when I failed to properly detangle my hair after my weave takedown. My hair dreaded up during a wash, it was horrible. For days I walked around with these huge balls of knotted hair and tried everything from conditioner and coconut oil to a detangler and those knots just formed even more smaller knots. I finally gave up and went to a salon where they just ripped through my hair to get them out. It was either that or a TWA since these knots were at the bottom.

My hair is now detangled, but I lost both length and volume through this trauma. I'm not giving up though and take every experience as a lesson. I've lost confidence though in my ability to care for my own hair myself.

Aww so sorry hun. Don't give up and you now know what to not do!

Thanks so much for the support ladies, the saddest thing is that this is happening for a second time now. Now I've really learnt my lesson.

Thanks so much for the support ladies, the saddest thing is that this is happening for a second time now. Now I've really learnt my lesson.
girl I know! My hair is just rebelling against me. I'm sick of it not looking nice. I'm sick of not being able to wear it out. I don't feel attractive right now. Just feel bald headed and confused!

girl I know! My hair is just rebelling against me. I'm sick of it not looking nice. I'm sick of not being able to wear it out. I don't feel attractive right now. Just feel bald headed and confused!

Bald headed?! You know when I had to go back and check that wasn't your flat iron and roller set I was liking the other day:lol:. I know we have our moments and we can be most critical of ourselves at times but what I've seen looks good.

I have had multiple setbacks too. If you look at my previous posts you will see that. At one point only a couple years ago my hair went from APL to like 1 inch in the crown because of breakage and I had to cut my hair to neck length. I honestly still don't know why. But Pretty soon I learned to appreciate that the hair I had left was healthy and it grew back stronger and thicker than what I had previously. Keep smiling lovely!

Back