2013 Random Scriptures Verses For Reflection, Encouragement & Meditation

Psalm 40:5 GNT
You have done many things for us, O Lord our God; there is no one like you!
You have made many wonderful plans for us. I could never speak of them all—
their number is so great!

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

2 Chronicles 35: 20-24 NKJV

20 After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Carchemish by the Euphrates; and Josiah went out against him. 21 But he sent messengers to him, saying, “What have I to do with you, king of Judah? I have not come against you this day, but against the house with which I have war; for God commanded me to make haste. Refrain from meddling with God, who is with me, lest He destroy you.” 22 Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself so that he might fight with him, and did not heed the words of Necho from the mouth of God. So he came to fight in the Valley of Megiddo.
23 And the archers shot King Josiah; and the king said to his servants, “Take me away, for I am severely wounded.” 24 His servants therefore took him out of that chariot and put him in the second chariot that he had, and they brought him to Jerusalem. So he died, and was buried in one of the tombs of his fathers. And all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah.

Don't ever stop building God's work even if criminal stuff is done. Pursue with legal action and continue to build. King Josiah wasn't exempt from receiving punishment. God will protect his work and he doesn't want you to be harassed. He has no part in anyone trying to harm others.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - The Message (MSG)

16-18 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live

Hebrews 6:9-12 - New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don’t believe it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better things, things that come with salvation. 10 For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers,[a] as you still do. 11 Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. 12 Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.

I accept this promise, I have been spiritually dull and indifferent in the past, I'm not going back to that place ever again. Amen!

Last edited:
Joshua 11:7-10 GW

7 Joshua and all his troops arrived suddenly at the Springs of Merom and attacked the Canaanite armies. 8 The Lord handed them over to Israel, and the Israelites defeated them. The Israelites chased them as far as Great Sidon, Misrephoth Maim, and the valley of Mizpah in the east. There were no survivors. 9 Joshua disabled their horses and burned their chariots, as the Lord had told him.

Psalm 27: 4-6 GW

4 I have asked one thing from the Lord.
This I will seek: to remain in the Lord’s house all the days of my life
in order to gaze at the Lord’s beauty and to search for an answer in his temple.

5 He hides me in his shelter when there is trouble.
He keeps me hidden in his tent.
He sets me high on a rock.

6 Now my head will be raised above my enemies who surround me.
I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy in his tent.
I will sing and make music to praise the Lord.

God's house never guarantees that we won't see troubles, but we will become strong and sturdy when we choose to dwell there. Don't let hardships or anything else keep you out of fellowshipping with believers because you will come out on the other side. Having a covering is so vital in a believer's life.

If you are under one, don't undervalue it. You don't know what it has protected you from....

Psalm 51:17 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise

Psalm 147:3 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.

Last edited:
2 Chronicles 33: 2-3, 9-10 GW

2 He did what the Lord considered evil by copying the disgusting things done by the nations that the Lord had forced out of the Israelites’ way. 3 He rebuilt the illegal places of worship that his father Hezekiah had torn down. He set up altars dedicated to other gods—the Baals—and made a pole dedicated to the goddess Asherah as King Ahab of Israel had done. Manasseh, like Ahab, worshiped and served the entire army of heaven.

Manasseh misled Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem so that they did more evil things than the nations that the Lord had destroyed when the Israelites arrived in the land.

10 When the Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, they wouldn’t even pay attention. 11 So the Lord made the army commanders of the king of Assyria invade Judah. They took Manasseh captive, put a hook in his nose, put him in bronze shackles, and brought him to Babylon.

Manasseh probably had all the explanations in the world for why he disobeyed God and encouraged the people to commit great wickedness in the land. Although God loved the Manasseh and had an oath with his ancestors, He allowed him to know that he was God and experience is side of justice.

We live in grace and God will warn us to stop. Apart of His Grace, involves us reaping the bad seeds sown (justice) because He doesn't want us to face ultimate destruction (Hell).

Psalm 91:5-8 GW

5 You do not need to fear terrors of the night, arrows that fly during the day,
6 plagues that roam the dark, epidemics that strike at noon.
7 They will not come near you, even though a thousand may fall dead beside you or ten thousand at your right side.
8 You only have to look with your eyes to see the punishment of wicked people.

Isaiah 49:25-26 GW

25 This is what the Lord says:
Prisoners will be freed from mighty men.
Loot will be taken away from tyrants.
I will fight your enemies, and I will save your children.

26 I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh,
and they will become drunk on their own blood as though it were new wine.
Then all humanity will know that I am the Lord, who saves you, the Mighty One of Jacob, who reclaims you.

Genesis 14:19-21 NKJV

19 And he blessed him and said: “Blessed be Abram of God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth;

20 And blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” And he gave him a tithe of all.

21 Now the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, and take the goods for yourself.”

Psalm 27:4-5 NKJV
4 One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.

5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 101:6-8 NKJV

6 My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me;
He who walks in a perfect way, He shall serve me.

7 He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence.

8 Early I will destroy all the wicked of the land, that I may cut off all the evildoers from the city of the Lord.

God's Word never changes and stays the same.

Canaanites Defeated at Hormah

Numbers 21:1-3NKJV

1 The king of Arad, the Canaanite, who dwelt in the South, heard that Israel was coming on the road to Atharim. Then he fought against Israel and took some of them prisoners. 2 So Israel made a vow to the Lord, and said, “If You will indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities.” 3 And the Lord listened to the voice of Israel and delivered up the Canaanites, and they utterly destroyed them and their cities. So the name of that place was called Hormah

Isaiah 41:10
10 fear not, for I am with you;

be not dismayed, for I am your God;

I will strengthen you, I will help you,

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Joshua 8:6-8 NKJV

6 For they will come out after us till we have drawn them from the city, for they will say, ‘They are fleeing before us as at the first.’ Therefore we will flee before them. 7 Then you shall rise from the ambush and seize the city, for the Lord your God will deliver it into your hand. 8 And it will be, when you have taken the city, that you shall set the city on fire. According to the commandment of the Lord you shall do. See, I have commanded you.”

Joshua 10:22-26 NCV Amorite Kings Executed

22 Joshua said, “Move the rocks that are covering the opening of the cave and bring those five kings out to me.” 23 So Joshua’s men brought the five kings out of the cave—the kings of Jerusalem, Hebron, Jarmuth, Lachish, and Eglon. 24 When they brought the five kings out to Joshua, he called for all his men. He said to the commanders of his army, “Come here! Put your feet on the necks of these kings.” So they came close and put their feet on their necks.

25 Joshua said to his men, “Be strong and brave! Don’t be afraid, because I will show you what the Lord will do to the enemies you will fight in the future.” 26 Then Joshua killed the five kings and hung their bodies on five trees, where he left them until evening.

Psalm 37:25 says... "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."

2 Samuel 22:1-3 NKJV Praise For God's Deliverance

Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. 2 And he said:

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.

Joel 2:25-26

English Standard Version (ESV)

25 I will restore[a] to you the years
that the swarming locust has eaten,
the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
my great army, which I sent among you.

26 “You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
and praise the name of the Lord your God,
who has dealt wondrously with you.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.

Psalm 5:8 NKJV

Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies;
Make Your way straight before my face.

God is willing to provide direction towards everything. He will even lead you to prevent you from falling into traps and snares set by Satan. He loves us that much!

1 Samuel 17:47 GNT
and everyone here will see that the Lord does not need swords or spears to save his people. He is victorious in battle, and he will put all of you in our power.

Luke 15:11-32
Luke 15:11-32 NIV The Parable of the Lost Son

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

Job 22:21 - Amplified Bible (AMP)
21 Acquaint now yourself with Him [agree with God and show yourself to be conformed to His will] and be at peace; by that [you shall prosper and great] good shall come to you.

Psalm 27:1-3 GW

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation. Who is there to fear? The Lord is my life’s fortress.
Who is there to be afraid of?

2 Evildoers closed in on me to tear me to pieces. My opponents and enemies stumbled and fell.

3 Even though an army sets up camp against me, my heart will not be afraid. Even though a war breaks out against me, I will still have confidence in the Lord.

At least, we have great comfort that God's got us!

John 20:24-29 - New King James Version (NKJV)

Believing Without Seeing :)

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”[/B]​

Rejoice because The Lord Jesus has a special blessing for us believers who believe without seeing!

John 20:24-29 - New King James Version (NKJV)

Believing Without Seeing :)

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Rejoice because The Lord Jesus has a special blessing for us believers who believe without seeing!

This is what I'm having to do now.

Back