2013 Random Scriptures Verses For Reflection, Encouragement & Meditation

Psalm 51:1-15 (The Message)

The Message (MSG)
51 1-3 Generous in love—God, give grace!
Huge in mercy—wipe out my bad record.
Scrub away my guilt,
soak out my sins in Your laundry.
I know how bad I’ve been;
my sins are staring me down.
4-6 You’re the One I’ve violated, and You’ve seen
it all, seen the full extent of my evil.
You have all the facts before You;
whatever You decide about me is fair.
I’ve been out of step with You for a long time,
in the wrong since before I was born.
What you’re after is truth from the inside out.
Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.
7-15 Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean,
scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don’t look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don’t throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
and I’ll sing anthems to Your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
I’ll let loose with Your praise.​

I have allowed enough grace into my life to now to understand what true repentance means. As a result I have been the recipient of fresh winds in my sails, and I actually want the job of teaching rebels His ways, so the lost can find their way Home! I now sing anthems to His life giving ways. God is Gracious and so Powerful, He changed this life of mine! I Praise Him!

ETA: He changed this life of HIS! My bad. Still learning, getting my flesh to line up with Truth :)

Last edited:
Matthew 4 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Temptation of Jesus

4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And after He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He [a]then became hungry. 3 And the tempter came and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.” 4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’”

5 Then the devil *took Him into the holy city and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and *said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written,

‘He will command His angels concerning You’;
and

‘On their hands they will bear You up,
So that You will not strike Your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus said to him, “On the other hand, it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

8 Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; 9 and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and [c]worship me.” 10 Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and [d]serve Him only.’” 11 Then the devil *left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

Ezekiel 34:25-30 NKJV

25 “I will make a covenant of peace with them, and cause wild beasts to cease from the land; and they will dwell safely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods.

26 I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing; and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing.

27 Then the trees of the field shall yield their fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase. They shall be safe in their land; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I have broken the bands of their yoke and delivered them from the hand of those who enslaved them.

28 And they shall no longer be a prey for the nations, nor shall beasts of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and no one shall make them afraid.

29 I will raise up for them a garden of renown, and they shall no longer be consumed with hunger in the land, nor bear the shame of the Gentiles anymore.

30 Thus they shall know that I, the Lord their God, am with them, and they, the house of Israel, are My people,” says the Lord God.’

God, I thank you for restoration. Restore everything that the devil stole.

Last edited:
Lamentations 3:25 -Amplified Bible (AMP)
25 The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God’s word].​

Song of Solomon 8:7 NKJV

Many waters cannot quench love, Nor can the floods drown it. If a man would give for love, all the wealth of his house, It would be utterly despised.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! The greatest feeling is knowing that God loves you. There is nothing that He won't do to rescue you, save you---the Cross--demonstrates the great depth of His Love. Look at what He did to get you back and load you with his benefits and redeem your soul.

Psalm 5:3 NLT

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Isaiah 55:3-5 NLT
3 “Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples. I made him a leader among the nations.
5 You also will command nations you do not know, and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey, because I, the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” -Romans 8:35,37 (KJV)

Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

We serve a BIG GOD! He always sees the BIGGER PICTURE!

Last edited:
Thank God we are redeemed from the curse of the law. Free indeed:

Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies.

Job 36:11 NLT

If they listen and obey God, they will be blessed with prosperity throughout their lives. All their years will be pleasant.

Isaiah 55:10-11 - New American Standard Bible (NASB) said:
10 For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

Isaiah 55:10-11 - The Message (MSG) said:
8-11 I don’t think the way you think.
The way you work isn’t the way I work.
God’s Decree.
For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don’t go back until they’ve watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They’ll do the work I sent them to do,
they’ll complete the assignment I gave them.

I really enjoy reading versions of the Word in parallel, it gives me greater insight. We are so blessed to have this technology at our finger tips.

John 14:18-21 NLT
No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

We have a great Treasure within us. It's great when He took residence inside of us. We are never fatherless. We are valuable and never powerless. Thank God for His Great Love Towards us.

John 14:18-21 NLT
No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

We have a great Treasure within us. It's great when He took residence inside of us. We are never fatherless. We are valuable and never powerless. Thank God for His Great Love Towards us.

I needed this one today! Thank you so much!!!!!!
:bighug:
Nice Lady

Psalm 65:11 NLT
You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.

Great expectation!

Thank God we are redeemed from the curse of the law. Free indeed:

Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies.

Nice Lady I recently realized that my enemies are not necessary people walking around causing ill against me. They are my own personal character defects!! When I look at it from this perspective, G-d is battling and slaying my enemies daily. This is not something I was ever able to do myself. I tried everything, self help books, therapist, etc. But when I turned my life and my will over to G-d, my enemies began to fall and they keep falling. Yay G-d!

Today, is going to be a great day! No distractions or anything will steal our joy. Good days ahead:

Psalm 97: 1
The Lord is king! Let the earth rejoice! Let the farthest coastlands be glad.

Luke 10:19 NLT
Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.

Thank God for the ability as Christians to rule and reign in life.

1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:8,

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

When we walk in love, God's ways are exemplified in our lives:

1 Corinthians 5:7-9 NKJV

Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Galatians 5:22-24 - The Message (MSG)
22-23 But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

23-24 Legalism is helpless in bringing this about; it only gets in the way. Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good—crucified.​

Praise God for His perfect way of living. I am beginning to experience this first hand and it is so rewarding and fulfilling!

Last edited:
Hebrews 12:2 GW

We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so he endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought him. Then he received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 GW

I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. When you look for me, you will find me.

Genesis 26:12-14 NKJV

Then Isaac sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the Lord blessed him. The man began to prosper, and continued prospering until he became very prosperous; for he had possessions of flocks and possessions of herds and a great number of servants. So the Philistines envied him.

1 Thessalonians 2:17-19 NKJV

But we, brethren, having been taken away from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavored more eagerly to see your face with great desire. Therefore we wanted to come to you—even I, Paul, time and again—but Satan hindered us. For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? For you are our glory and joy.

Eph 6:12

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Colossians 2:15 AMP

[God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross].

John 16:12-15 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 “I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.​

This is the exact type of guidance I need right now, to be guided into all truths! By the Holy Spirit :yep:

Back