2013 Random Scriptures Verses For Reflection, Encouragement & Meditation

1 King 3:5 GW

In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream at night. He said, “What can I give you?”

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Ezra 8:31 NKJV

Then we departed from the river of Ahava on the twelfth day of the first month, to go to Jerusalem. And the hand of our God was upon us, and He delivered us from the hand of the enemy and from ambush along the road.

My Bible turned to this Scripture yesterday. This is a lovely Scripture because Ezra didn't want to request security from the king because he bragged about God's protection and loving care of his children (My words; Ezra 8:22). God kept them safe.

Psalm 28:6-8 GW

6 Thank the Lord!
He has heard my prayer for mercy!

7 The Lord is my strength and my shield.
My heart trusted him, so I received help.
My heart is triumphant; I give thanks to him with my song.

8 The Lord is the strength of his people
and a fortress for the victory of his Messiah

Psalm 1:2 GW

Rather, he delights in the teachings of the Lord and reflects on his teachings day and night.

Psalms 46 1-3

God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.

Psalm 1:3 NKJV

He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.

Psalm 93 The Eternal Reign of the Lord

93 The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.
Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved.
2 Your throne is established from of old;
You are from everlasting.
3 The floods have lifted up, O Lord,
The floods have lifted up their voice;
The floods lift up their waves.
4 The Lord on high is mightier
Than the noise of many waters,
Than the mighty waves of the sea.
5 Your testimonies are very sure;
Holiness adorns Your house,
O Lord, forever.

1 Samuel 1:20 NKJV
So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the Lord.”

"In the process of time": I like the fact that Hannah never got bitter even though she was provoked by Peninnah. She continued to press. Ultimately, God heard her petition and blessed her.

Psalm 44:3 NKJV

For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, Nor did their own arm save them; But it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, Because You favored them.

Thank God for His Favor!

1 Kings 19:11-12 NKJV

11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.

May God, the source of hope, fill you with joy and peace through your faith in him. Then you will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13 GWT)

Esther 9:1 NKJV

Now in the twelfth month, that is, the month of Adar, on the thirteenth day, the time came for the king’s command and his decree to be executed. On the day that the enemies of the Jews had hoped to overpower them, the opposite occurred, in that the Jews themselves overpowered those who hated them.

Job 11:14-19 NLT
"Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you. Then your face will brighten with innocence. You will be strong and free of fear. You will forget your misery; it will be like water flowing away. Your life will be brighter than the noonday. Even darkness will be as bright as morning. Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety. You will lie down unafraid, and many will look to you for help."

http://bible.us/116/job.11.14.nlt

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

Matthew 7:24-27 NLT
"“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”"

http://bible.us/116/mat.7.24.nlt

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

Psalm 25:14-15 NLT

14 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him.
He teaches them his covenant.
15 My eyes are always on the Lord,
for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies.

Isaiah 45:2-3 NKJV

2 ‘I will go before you
And make the crooked places[a] straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze
And cut the bars of iron.
3 I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden riches of secret places,
That you may know that I, the Lord,
Who call you by your name,
Am the God of Israel.

1 Samuel 1:12-13

12 As she kept on praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth. 13 Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard.

In every way we’re troubled, but we aren’t crushed by our troubles. We’re frustrated, but we don’t give up.

Press...tears and all! Tears are a prayer language that God understands

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.

We ought to believe that when we offer up prayers according to God's will for our lives that God hears us.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 GW
3 Of course we are human, but we don’t fight like humans. 4 The weapons we use in our fight are not made by humans. Rather, they are powerful weapons from God. With them we destroy people’s defenses, that is, their arguments 5 and all their intellectual arrogance that oppose the knowledge of God. We take every thought captive so that it is obedient to Christ.

Everything starts in our minds--we win or lose battles concerning arenas of our lives by how we think. If we believe we are defeated, then we will not resist the devil and stand until we receive our the benefits of our covenant (e.g., healing).

But if they say thus, ‘Come up to us,’ then we will go up. For the Lord has delivered them into our hand, and this will be a sign to us.”

Romans 5:17 NIV
For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

Grace empowers us to do things that others cannot do in the natural. Plus, it makes it easier for us to do the right things even if everyone else doesn't, it causes us to begin to shed certain behaviors and we begin to look like our Heavenly Father

Last edited:
1 Peter 5:6 NASB

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time."

Sent from my iPhone 6S

Back