2013 Random Scriptures Verses For Reflection, Encouragement & Meditation

Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV

7. Blessed is the one who trust in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.

8. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heats comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in the year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

Job 42:10-12 MSG

After Job had interceded for his friends, God restored his fortune—and then doubled it! All his brothers and sisters and friends came to his house and celebrated. They told him how sorry they were, and consoled him for all the trouble God had brought him. Each of them brought generous housewarming gifts.

God blessed Job’s later life even more than his earlier life. He ended up with fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand teams of oxen, and one thousand donkeys. He also had seven sons and three daughters

It's restoration time! It's moving forward time!

This touched my heart so much in my morning devotional today. I need to print this and keep it where I can see it daily.

Psalm 63[a]

A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.

1 You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.

When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, OLORD God of Heaven’s Armies.
-Jeremiah 15:16

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

Psalm 27:13-14 MSG

I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with God! Take heart. Don’t quit. I’ll say it again: Stay with God.

Ephesians 3:18-19 NLT

And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

From time to time, we need to be reminded that God loves us so much and because of His Love we will be alright.

2 Peter 1:2-4
The Message (MSG)
1 1-2 I, Simon Peter, am a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ. I write this to you whose experience with God is as life-changing as ours, all due to our God’s straight dealing and the intervention of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Grace and peace to you many times over as you deepen in your experience with God and Jesus, our Master.

Don’t Put It Off

3-4 Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received! We were also given absolutely terrific promises to pass on to you—your tickets to participation in the life of God after you turned your back on a world corrupted by lust.

I'm so grateful that God is changing me!! I couldn't do it myself.

Exodus 18:10-11 NLT (Read this morning on my commute):

“Praise the Lord,” Jethro said, “for he has rescued you from the Egyptians and from Pharaoh. Yes, he has rescued Israel from the powerful hand of Egypt! I know now that the Lord is greater than all other gods, because he rescued his people from the oppression of the proud Egyptians.”

As God's child, He loves us. I don't have to live in fear or lack joy because He's got me. Apart of the Blessing is to be rescued from trouble, to be preserved from conditions that would have killed the ordinary person, famines and plagues in the nation not to destroy you, and for the plots of the devil against you to be demolished
(It's not just material stuff. Material stuff are apart of the manifestation of the blessing. That's a whole different topic). No Fear Here! We can enjoy our lives because in the end--we win. Everyone will see who's on our side: Our Father! Great Strong & Mighty! NO QUESTIONS HAVE TO BE ASKED AT THIS POINT!

Last edited:
Luke 6:45
The Message (MSG)
Work the Words into Your Life

43-45 “You don’t get wormy apples off a healthy tree, nor good apples off a diseased tree. The health of the apple tells the health of the tree. You must begin with your own life-giving lives. It’s who you are, not what you say and do, that counts. Your true being brims over into true words and deeds.

Psalm 56:3-4 - (NASB)

3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.
4 In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me?

1 Samuel 30: 18-19 NKJV

So David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away, and David rescued his two wives. And nothing of theirs was lacking, either small or great, sons or daughters, spoil or anything which they had taken from them; David recovered all.

Isaiah 58:12 NLT

Some of you will rebuild the deserted ruins of your cities. Then you will be known as a rebuilder of walls and a restorer of homes.

Psalm 56:3-4 - (NASB)

3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.
4 In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me?

I love your siggy with the Obamas.

Numbers 24:10-11 NKJV

Then Balak’s anger was aroused against Balaam, and he struck his hands together; and Balak said to Balaam, “I called you to curse my enemies, and look, you have bountifully blessed them these three times! Now therefore, flee to your place. I said I would greatly honor you, but in fact, the Lord has kept you back from honor.”

We are blessed--empowered to propser; empowered to succeed. Blessed!

Deuteronomy 29:29 GW

Some things are hidden. They belong to the Lord our God. But the things that have been revealed in these teachings belong to us and to our children forever. We must obey every word of these teachings.

Psalm 91:5-6 NKJV

You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day,
nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

Keep believing in spite of what's going on. It's good that we have an intercessor seated at the right hand (speaking on our behalf) in Heaven even now (Romans 8:34). Don't worry your season of PROMOTION is coming soon.

It's good to know that you don't need anyone else to speak on your behalf or try to meet up with someone. He will contact them for you, PROMOTION!

Joshua 21:43 GW

So the Lord gave Israel the whole land he had sworn to give their ancestors. They took possession of it and settled there.

Isaiah 40:31 - NLT

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Joyce Meyer said:
Quietly waiting on God (spending time with Him in prayer, worship, or Bible reading) as Isaiah 40:31 encourages us, does more to restore our bodies, minds and emotions than anything else we can do. We need to do this regularly. Joyce urges us to insist on quiet time with God; do not let anyone take those consecrated moments from you. In those times, God empowers you to face everything you need to do with renewed physical, emotional, mental and spiritual strength.
Amen!!!

Psalms 126

5Those who sow in tears
shall reap with shouts of joy!
6 He who goes out weeping,
bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with shouts of joy,
bringing his sheaves with him.

Isaiah 41:10, 13 - (NLT)

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

13 For I hold you by your right hand—
I, the Lord your God.
And I say to you,
‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.

Joyce Meyer said:
If there is something we are supposed to be doing, the Lord will give us the ability to do it. He will not lead us into a situation and then leave us there to face it alone in our own weak power. No, because as Isaiah 41:10 reminds us, He is with us. He is our Great God; He will harden us to difficulties, help us, and up hold us with His hand of Victory!

John 15:5 - (NLT)
5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

Joyce Meyer said:
Have you ever seen fruit grow apart from the vine, tree or plant to which it was attached? Of course not! As a disciple of Jesus, the same is true for you. Unless you stay in His presence, you will not grow or bear fruit. The word, abide means "to dwell; to take up residence." Allow Jesus to take up residence in your life, Just as the vine is the source of nourishment and wealth for the fruit, Jesus is your source of life. Cultivate an ever-growing relationship with Him by spending time with Him in prayer, reading and studying God's Word.

Psalm 21:1 NLT

How the king rejoices in your strength, O Lord! He shouts with joy because you give him victory.

We can rejoice today. Things will work out and pan out fine for us. We will not drown or falter! It may feel that way, but it is not the end result!

Romans 4:20 - (NLT)
20 Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.

Joyce Meyer said:
Romans 4:20 states that Abraham continued to be steadfast; he kept praising and giving glory to God. As he did so, he grew strong in faith. He felt confident that God would keep His word. Follow Abraham's example and keep your heart filled with faith and your actions filled with obedience.

Isaiah 33:6 GW

[God] gives stability to the nation. He always protects His people and gives them wisdom and knowledge. Their greatest treasure is their reverence for the Lord.

I really like the second sentence because this is so true of God that He gives us wisdom and knowledge for both the spiritual and natural things. Once we are saved, His Word is the manual for living--to be delivered from a foolish way of living to a "total life prosperity" way of life over the years. Prosperity is not just monetary(or being super extraordinary rich)--it flows into other realms (emotions, health, relationships, etc.).

Last edited:
Back