2013 Random Scriptures Verses For Reflection, Encouragement & Meditation

Hebrews 4:15 - (NLT)
15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.

Joyce Meyer said:
Jesus understands our human frailty because He was tempted in every way that we are, yet without sinning. How freeing is it to have our High Priest - Who is both sinless and understanding intercede for us!

Amen, this brings me great comfort!

Nice Lady said:
Isaiah 33:6 GW

[God] gives stability to the nation. He always protects His people and gives them wisdom and knowledge. Their greatest treasure is their reverence for the Lord.

I really like the second sentence because this is so true of God that He gives us wisdom and knowledge for both the spiritual and natural things. Once we are saved, His Word is the manual for living--to be delivered from a foolish way of living to a "total life prosperity" way of life over the years. Prosperity is not just monetary(or being super extraordinary rich)--it flows into other realms (emotions, health, relationships, etc.).

I agree and I love the "always protects" part. In these times we need all the protection we can get.

AtlantaJJ said:
John 15:5 - (NLT)
5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

I love this. We are encouraged not to dwell but I'm going to encourage us to "dwell". Just "dwell" on the Word. Not on the wind flailing about or any other care of the world.

Eph 6:14-18

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Isaiah 46:4

I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

God's got us! No need to worry or fear!

Proverbs 4:23 - Amplified Bible (AMP)
23 Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.

Joyce Meyer's Everyday Life Bible said:
Proverbs 4:23 exhorts us to guard our hearts "with all vigilance". Practically that means we need to examine our attitudes and our thoughts on a regular basis and make adjustments as needed... Let your thoughts be good thoughts. Think about things that are honorable and true (see Philippians 4:8), and watch your heart attitude changes.

I love the fact that the Holy Spirit is really helping me with my attitude. I get convicted quickly now when my attitude is not not positive. That is a significant improvement for me! Praise God. :pray:

Psalm 62:10-12 NLT

God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to you; unfailing love, O Lord, is yours.

There is nothing too hard for God to do.

From my pastor's sermon yesterday...Life changing
Judges 16:18-22
18And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand.
19And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.
20And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the Lord was departed from him.
21But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.
22Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.

The Roots of Restoration!
They cut Samson's hair but they couldn't take out the ROOT! GOD IS OUR ROOT and no matter what is done to us HE STILL LIVES IN US!

Proverbs 8:1-11 - The Message (MSG)

Lady Wisdom Calls Out

8 1-11 Do you hear Lady Wisdom calling?
Can you hear Madame Insight raising her voice?
She’s taken her stand at First and Main,
at the busiest intersection.
Right in the city square
where the traffic is thickest, she shouts,
“You—I’m talking to all of you,
everyone out here on the streets!
Listen, you idiots—learn good sense!
You blockheads—shape up!
Don’t miss a word of this—I’m telling you how to live well,
I’m telling you how to live at your best.
My mouth chews and savors and relishes truth—
I can’t stand the taste of evil!
You’ll only hear true and right words from my mouth;
not one syllable will be twisted or skewed.
You’ll recognize this as true—you with open minds;
truth-ready minds will see it at once.
Prefer my life-disciplines over chasing after money,
and God-knowledge over a lucrative career.
For Wisdom is better than all the trappings of wealth;
nothing you could wish for holds a candle to her.

1 Peter 2:1-12 - Good News Translation (GNT)
The Living Stone and the Holy Nation

2 Rid yourselves, then, of all evil; no more lying or hypocrisy or jealousy or insulting language. 2 Be like newborn babies, always thirsty for the pure spiritual milk, so that by drinking it you may grow up and be saved. 3 As the scripture says, “You have found out for yourselves how kind the Lord is.”

4 Come to the Lord, the living stone rejected by people as worthless but chosen by God as valuable. 5 Come as living stones, and let yourselves be used in building the spiritual temple, where you will serve as holy priests to offer spiritual and acceptable sacrifices to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For the scripture says,

“I chose a valuable stone,
which I am placing as the cornerstone in Zion;
and whoever believes in him will never be disappointed.”​
7 This stone is of great value for you that believe; but for those who do not believe:
“The stone which the builders rejected as worthless
turned out to be the most important of all.”​
8 And another scripture says,
“This is the stone that will make people stumble,
the rock that will make them fall.”​
They stumbled because they did not believe in the word; such was God's will for them.

9 But you are the chosen race, the King's priests, the holy nation, God's own people, chosen to proclaim the wonderful acts of God, who called you out of darkness into his own marvelous light. 10 At one time you were not God's people, but now you are his people; at one time you did not know God's mercy, but now you have received his mercy.

2 Timothy 2:23-24 NLT
Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights.
A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people.

Takeaways from this Scripture: Anytime, we find ourselves getting caught in meaningless arguments just kindly excuse yourself. Some things are worth taking a stand over. Yet, other things are not because they will not benefit us or others. There's no recovery or prize to be gained in this life or the next. All the points that need to be proven will be proven by God. Don't be lured into distractions...we can't be taken off course by things--there's much to do.

2 Timothy 2:23-24 NLT
Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights.
A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people.

Takeaways from this Scripture: Anytime, we find ourselves getting caught in meaningless arguments just kindly excuse yourself. Some things are worth taking a stand over. Yet, other things are not because they will not benefit us or others. There's no recovery or prize to be gained in this life or the next. All the points that need to be proven will be proven by God. Don't be lured into distractions...we can't be taken off course by things--there's much to do.

I need to pay attention to this. Thanks for posting.

Psalm 21:2-3 GW

You gave [us our] heart’s desire. You did not refuse the prayer from [our] lips. You welcomed [us] with the blessings of good things and set a crown of fine gold on [our] head.

Joshua 1:8 - New Living Translation (NLT)
8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do​

Psalm 117 - The Message (MSG)
Praise God, everybody!
Applaud God, all people!
His love has taken over our lives;
God’s faithful ways are eternal.
Hallelujah!​

Psalm 117 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
A Psalm of Praise.
117 Praise the Lord, all nations;
Laud Him, all peoples!
2 For His lovingkindness [a]is great toward us,
And the truth of the Lord is everlasting.
[c]Praise [d]the Lord!

Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter in the Bible :)

I love the fact that I can look at Scripture in multiple translations with the click of the mouse or the tap of the screen.

If you are having a bad day, post this Psalm somewhere in front of you so that you can meditate on this thought all day. Say it over and over out loud if you can, or at least n your mind. Make a song out of it and sing it in your car! I bet your day will get better!! :yep:

Psalm 117 - The Message (MSG)
Praise God, everybody!
Applaud God, all people!
His love has taken over our lives;
God’s faithful ways are eternal.
Hallelujah!​
Psalm 117 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
A Psalm of Praise.
117 Praise the Lord, all nations;
Laud Him, all peoples!
2 For His lovingkindness [a]is great toward us,
And the truth of the Lord is everlasting.
[c]Praise [d]the Lord!
Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter in the Bible :)

I love the fact that I can look at Scripture in multiple translations with the click of the mouse or the tap of the screen.

If you are having a bad day, post this Psalm somewhere in front of you so that you can meditate on this thought all day. Say it over and over out loud if you can, or at least n your mind. Make a song out of it and sing it in your car! I bet your day will get better!! :yep:

You make such great points. I had this exact conversation with my bestfriend on Tuesday night about her obtaining victory. She read the New Living Translation and I read it in different versions from the "click of a mouse." Thanks, but why is this Psalm for you a picker upper. I would think chapters in Isaiah would be something to raise your hope....Curious...

Psalm 43:26 NLT

Let us review the situation together, and you can present your case to prove your innocence.

You make such great points. I had this exact conversation with my bestfriend on Tuesday night about her obtaining victory. She read the New Living Translation and I read it in different versions from the "click of a mouse." Thanks, but why is this Psalm for you a picker upper. I would think chapters in Isaiah would be something to raise your hope....Curious...

Nice Lady
It's about praising God regardless of the situation that is in front of me. I'm working on breaking the complaining and murmuring habit. This is a quick short Psalm that's easy to remember and recite. It takes my mind off circumstances and complaining about them and puts it on to God immediately. The other thing is that I'm in the process of reading the Bible in its entirety and I haven't made it all the way up to Isaiah yet. :)

@Nice Lady
It's about praising God regardless of the situation that is in front of me. I'm working on breaking the complaining and murmuring habit. This is a quick short Psalm that's easy to remember and recite. It takes my mind off circumstances and complaining about them and puts it on to God immediately. The other thing is that I'm in the process of reading the Bible in its entirety and I haven't made it all the way up to Isaiah yet. :)

For me during times of troubles, reading words about deliverance and triumph bring security such as Psalm 17, 18, 27, 35, 64 or Psalms 140+. I still don't get it. But, if it works for you, then that's good. At least you know, that reading different versions is available at the "click of the mouse" or the tap of an app on your phone. You'll be fine. :drunk:

Last edited:
For me during times of troubles, reading words about deliverance and triumph bring security such as Psalm 17, 18, 27, 35, 64 or Psalms 140+. I still don't get it. But, if it works for you, then that's good. At least you know, that reading different versions is available at the "click of the mouse" or the tap of an app on your phone. You'll be fine. :drunk:

Those are all excellent Scripture choices. Psalm 117 is short.That's what I like about it (I have it memorized ). When I think about or read Ps 117, it's like a light switch for my attitude. I flip the switch and my attitude goes from bad to good just like that!! What I said above can apply to any Scripture in the Bible, as long as it speaks to your heart. :yep:

I just want to praise God and thank Him for His Lovingkindess this morning!

Romans 4:17-18 - The Message (MSG)
We call Abraham “father” not because he got God’s attention by living like a saint, but because God made something out of Abraham when he was a nobody. Isn’t that what we’ve always read in Scripture, God saying to Abraham, “I set you up as father of many peoples”? Abraham was first named “father” and then became a father because he dared to trust God to do what only God could do: raise the dead to life, with a word make something out of nothing. When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw he couldn’t do but on what God said he would do. And so he was made father of a multitude of peoples. God himself said to him, “You’re going to have a big family, Abraham!”​

Romans 4:17-18 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
17 (as it is written, “A father of many nations have I made you”) in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and [a]calls into being that which does not exist. 18 In hope against hope he believed, so that he might become a father of many nations according to that which had been spoken, “So shall your descendants be.”

I have learned that we should strive to take a positive look at the possibilities of the future and speak of those things that are nonexistent as though they they do exist. (Romans 4:17 [a]) I learned to speak about my future in a positive way according to what God has placed in my heart, not according to my past or present circumstances. I trust and believe God has a great future for me. I believe and confess this to be true!

Psalm 126 NLT

1When the Lord brought back his exiles to Jerusalem,
it was like a dream!
2 We were filled with laughter,
and we sang for joy.
And the other nations said, “What amazing things the Lord has done for them.”
3 Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us! What joy!
4 Restore our fortunes, Lord, as streams renew the desert.
5 Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy.
6 They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest.

Thank you Lord that restoration will come!

Hebrews 4:10 CEB
The one who entered God’s rest also rested from his works, just as God rested from his own.

Isaiah 40:30-31 NLV

30 Even very young men get tired and become weak and strong young men trip and fall.

31 But they who wait upon the Lord will get new strength. They will rise up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weak.

We never have to do things in our own strength.

1 Corinthians 13: 6-7 MSG
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut, Doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others, Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle, Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, Doesn’t revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.​

James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

We receive God's best by being a doer of the Word. The Word changes things in our lives. Time after time we will come out situations without doing deceptive things or underhanded things. We will trust and rest on God for everything. People will recognize it.

You are not in God's best if you have to ask for handouts for decades. God is our supplier and source. We don't have any gimmicks. No one wants that struggle story and broken in every area of your life. Thank God for grace, mercy and his love.

Doers of the Words are lovers as you stated @AtlantaJJ because we are focused on trying to get others to find out about this Good God. Plus, we understand to pick our battles because it is a trap from demonic inspired people to get us from getting people out of Hell even if they quote Scriptures--real believers see that person for who they are...

Last edited:
James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

We receive God's best by being a doer of the Word. The Word changes things in our lives. Time after time we will come out situations without doing deceptive things or underhanded things. We will trust and rest on God for everything. People will recognize it.

You are not in God's best if you have to ask for handouts for decades. God is our supplier and source. We don't have any gimmicks. No one wants that struggle story and broken in every area of your life. Thank God for grace, mercy and his love.

Doers of the Words are lovers as you stated @AtlantaJJ because we are focused on trying to get others to find out about this Good God. Plus, we understand to pick our battles because it is a trap from demonic inspired people to get us from getting people out of Hell even if they quote Scriptures--real believers see that person for who they are...

Nice Lady Thank you so much for this post. I'm really starting to connect the dots now! The more I focus on / study the Word, the more it enters into my heart. I am becoming more sensitive to the Holy Spirit's Guidance. When I am obedient to that Guidance, Grace enters into my life more abundantly! With the help of the Holy Spirit, I am becoming a doer of the Word. This is great news!

Back