2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

@SwtAnana, don't let it get you down! :kiss: Ladies, which way did you go for STD's? Magnets? Dvds? Cards? Also, what is everyone doing as far as invitations? I would love to do something stunning like what www.lelanewyork.com offers. Her work is gorgeous! Whether I go with her or not I know that I would love to have a fabric/boxed/gatefold type of invitation. Did anyone do invitations like that? Who did you use? What was the cost?

I went mid priced and got my magnets from weddingpaperdivas.com and I got 20% off I haven't picked out invites yet but they will be different from the save the date though those invites are enchanting it's weird I don't want to pay a lot for paper products invites etc now that I've created a apparel budget since it wasn't included in our wedding budget

I did a double post so I'll guess ill do an update we got a block of rooms at the hotel near the venue it's literally a skywalk away from the venue so I'm happy about that and I put it on our wedding website since were going to be sending out the std with the website info on there. Next order of business is looking at honeymoon locations I would like to know where we are going by Jan since the wedding is in June have you ladies got to that stage finding the honeymoon location and where are you going? I know I want somewhere adult only on a beach

Last edited:
Had our engagement session today and my face was BEAT down to the GROUND!! Best makeup job I have ever had. And to think I was actually considering doing it myself a for a second.:nono: I had used this particular mua before for another event I had earlier this year and I was even more impressed with her work this time around. I didn't take my makeup off until almost 11 hours later and it was still BULLETPROOF!

I'm going to use her for one or two more events and if she remains consistent, I am hiring her to do my bridal makeup. :)

I did a double post so I'll guess ill do an update we got a block of rooms at the hotel near the venue it's literally a skywalk away from the venue so I'm happy about that and I put it on our wedding website since were going to be sending out the std with the website info on there. Next order of business is looking at honeymoon locations I would like to know where we are going by Jan since the wedding is in June have you ladies got to that stage finding the honeymoon location and where are you going? I know I want somewhere adult only on a beach

We already have our honeymoon booked. One week in San Francisco, then a second week in Hawaii. FH has never been to Hawaii and I have never been to San Francisco so we are doing both.

I am going to eat and drink like nobody's business on my honeymoon!

I did magnet save the dates. LOVE THEM. Plus, I got them for 50% off, then another 20% off on top of that. :yep: I was so happy, because it was the first thing that was finally under budget.

Had our engagement session today and my face was BEAT down to the GROUND!! Best makeup job I have ever had. And to think I was actually considering doing it myself a for a second.:nono: I had used this particular mua before for another event I had earlier this year and I was even more impressed with her work this time around. I didn't take my makeup off until almost 11 hours later and it was still BULLETPROOF!

I'm going to use her for one or two more events and if she remains consistent, I am hiring her to do my bridal makeup. :)

I'm very excited about my mua, too. Her transformations are amazing! I hope to get my face beat too haha. I just learned that term a few weeks ago, LOL

I just hope my makeup lasts all day since she doesn't do airbrush.

Trying to decide if I want to wait until my trip to see my family to look at dresses or if I should start without them. I keep getting updates that this is the 9 -10 month out point and I should be ordering a dress.

When did you ladies look for dresses? Did anyone go sans family?

Trying to decide if I want to wait until my trip to see my family to look at dresses or if I should start without them. I keep getting updates that this is the 9 -10 month out point and I should be ordering a dress.

When did you ladies look for dresses? Did anyone go sans family?

In the beginning I went without family so I could find the type of dress I wanted without pressure and without others opinions. By the time I went with my family I already knew I wanted lace fit n flare/mermaid and it was just a matter of finding the perfect dress that fit that criteria

Trying to decide if I want to wait until my trip to see my family to look at dresses or if I should start without them. I keep getting updates that this is the 9 -10 month out point and I should be ordering a dress. When did you ladies look for dresses? Did anyone go sans family?
I have already looked at 30 dresses and just took my Mom with me. I wasn't interested in having a bunch of people with me because I know my taste and don't care about their opinions, lol. Now, when I go back to buy my dress next month(9 months before the wedding) I am going to take my FMIL along so she will feel included. And wouldn't you know out of those 30 dresses, I am buying the very first dress I ever tried on. :lachen: The turnaround for a wedding dress can be as long as 5 or 6 months with some bridal shops. Plus you will need to allow time for several fittings. Choose your dress and place your order with plenty of time to allow for these things.

Foxglove MizAvalon
Thanks! I will find a friend close by to go with me in the next few weeks and look. We're planning a big birthday thing for my mom and aunt (they're January 1st twins) in Chicago - that'll probably be the next time I see my family. I'll have an idea by then about what I want and I'll take them to see me make my final decision.

I feel like a lot of things are about the happen all at once, since I'll be on holiday break. It's starting to get even more exciting.

Tonight I've randomly bumped into the most beautiful venue I have yet to see. I'm calling tomorrow and I'm so nervous that it's going to be $500 a person or something. My heart literally flutters at the thought of this venue! :lol:

Is anyone doing a boudoir session for FH? I am going to do one and present him with an album of sexy photos either on our wedding night or the first night of our honeymoon.

Can't wait to see his face! :grin:

Is anyone doing a boudoir session for FH? I am going to do one and present him with an album of sexy photos either on our wedding night or the first night of our honeymoon. Can't wait to see his face! :grin:

I like the idea. It would force me to stick to my workout plan.

We set a date, secured a venue, and I'm going dress shopping!

Got our engagement pictures back and I love them! :grin:

I have already decided on our Save the Dates, just have to finalize the guest list and order them. I was waiting for our new pictures to come back.

Got our engagement pictures back and I love them! :grin:

I have already decided on our Save the Dates, just have to finalize the guest list and order them. I was waiting for our new pictures to come back.

I just did my engagements Sunday! I'm suppose to get them back today. So ready!

MizAvalon when is your wedding?

Just had our menu consultation with our chef on Saturday. Decided to do it ahead of time since my mom is in town for Christmas. Can't wait until we go for the tasting!

Also, did anyone do menu cards? If it's not too expensive, I think I would like to do them. Just a nice little touch.

Just had our menu consultation with our chef on Saturday. Decided to do it ahead of time since my mom is in town for Christmas. Can't wait until we go for the tasting! Also, did anyone do menu cards? If it's not too expensive, I think I would like to do them. Just a nice little touch.

We will have menu cards I think it's just so chic!

Planning is going well I have to send my planner bridesmaid dress info to send out to my girls (only 4) they will be needing to purchase them by feb 1st they know this and the cost already but putting it in writing will give them a concrete timeline to refer to. I've been looking at hairstyles and accessories idk what I'm doing any more but I've been looking at reception dresses idk my Mom is trying to talk me out of it but I really want some flirty/sexy for the reception I was thinking I would change after cake bc I want pics of my dress too I love these looks:

Attachments

• image-4137602432.jpg
    image-4137602432.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1596111659.jpg
    image-1596111659.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image-469442775.jpg
    image-469442775.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image-2357867829.jpg
    image-2357867829.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 53
Ordered my dress today! It wasn't THE dress but that one wasn't in the budget so we went with this one which is still very pretty.

Time to start boot camp!

Ordered my dress today! It wasn't THE dress but that one wasn't in the budget so we went with this one which is still very pretty. Time to start boot camp!

How exciting! I'm going to visit my family at the end of the month and will be going to look at dresses with my mom, aunt, and grandma. Hopefully I can make a decision.

How did you know when you found the one? I keep looking at dresses thinking 'meh, it's ok'.

Ordered my dress today! It wasn't THE dress but that one wasn't in the budget so we went with this one which is still very pretty.

Time to start boot camp!

Congrats on ordering your dress!

I finally completed our wedding website. Took so long because I did it all myself rather than using a templated site from one of the wedding sites. It was very very hard work (since I have no computer graphics design background or anything) & I LOVE IT. :love: So proud of it that I wish I could share it on here, but I can't due to the personal info. :ohwell:

How exciting! I'm going to visit my family at the end of the month and will be going to look at dresses with my mom, aunt, and grandma. Hopefully I can make a decision. How did you know when you found the one? I keep looking at dresses thinking 'meh, it's ok'.

Well, I actually didn't get "the one" because it was over $5000! The one I did choose though had most of the elements of what I wanted so I went with that.

Out of the 30 dresses I tried on, those were the only 2 that I thought were better than just ok. I didn't have any lightening bolt moments, I didn't cry over any dress or anything. I just chose one I liked and kept it moving.

Congrats on ordering your dress! I finally completed our wedding website. Took so long because I did it all myself rather than using a templated site from one of the wedding sites. It was very very hard work (since I have no computer graphics design background or anything) & I LOVE IT. :love: So proud of it that I wish I could share it on here, but I can't due to the personal info. :ohwell:

secretdiamond, how did you do your own website? I did ours using one of those generic templates and I'm not really that happy with it. I would love to make it nicer and more personal before I send out our Save the Dates. I just don't know how. Did it cost you a lot to do? Also, is your site your actual names? www.secretdiamondandfiance.com? I want ours to be like that but I really don't know where to begin.

secretdiamond, how did you do your own website? I did ours using one of those generic templates and I'm not really that happy with it. I would love to make it nicer and more personal before I send out our Save the Dates. I just don't know how. Did it cost you a lot to do? Also, is your site your actual names? www.secretdiamondandfiance.com? I want ours to be like that but I really don't know where to begin.
I just typed out this whole thing and it deleted.... So here is the abridged version.

Yes, it's secretdiamondandfiance.com. I must warn you that it's very labor intensive and time consuming. I walked away from it many times and wanted to give up and do a template site, but I had already put on so much work and having my own site, meant I could polish it more and make it into my vision. So I buckled down and did it. I'm so happy I did!

Most people wouldn't feel its worth it when you can make a site so easily from a template, but it was very important to me. Even if you don't make your own site, you can still have your own name for your site. Just get a domain name and forward/mask it to your website. That's if your host site allows it. PM me if you would like any more details! Sent from my iPad so excuse typos

Last edited:
During my search for wedding website ideas I came across this: Http:/www.jessandruss.us Very cute and original. Don't care for the links to pictures outside of the site, but the artwork makes up for it all.

ETA: Best viewed on a desktop/laptop, isn't mobile friendly.

During my search for wedding website ideas I came across this: Http:/www.jessandruss.us Very cute and original. Don't care for the links to pictures outside of the site, but the artwork makes up for it all.

ETA: Best viewed on a desktop/laptop, isn't mobile friendly.

I know exactly which site you're talking about without even clicking the link. I love this site! However, I'm no where near skilled enough to pull it off. lol I didn't even try. :lol:

I know exactly which site you're talking about without even clicking the link. I love this site! However, I'm no where near skilled enough to pull it off. lol I didn't even try. :lol:

Yeah, me either. I think it said that he was a web designer at one point.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a self-hosted wordpress site or just a free one through a wedding site. I'm leaning more towards the self-hosted site because we can have it for as long as we want and potentially use it for life updates in the future. (Our family is pretty spread out)

Ok. I need help. There are two dresses. I tried on one and liked it. I tried on the second and almost choked up a little. Kept it together though. I can't decide. What do y'all think?

image-3676287766.jpg

image-2396186409.jpg

image-4035114010.jpg

image-2843962135.jpg

Back