2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

I haven't checked in in a couple of weeks. Our photographer interview is this evening, so hopefully all goes well there. Also, I have found our videographer! Woo-Hoo! His work is stunning and exactly the style I want.

Everything is falling into place, one by one. Still have so much to work on but I am making good progress. :up:

13 days until our wedding and my fiance got into a car accident. He was hit head on by a truck. The car is totaled but thank God he's ok for the most part but this accident made me realize how precious life is.....how easy it could all slip away in an instant. I'm mad at both him and the hospital that he didn't stay overnight cause sure enough I had to drag is a$$ back to the ER this morning cause he was in so much pain. Just stubborn. :perplexed I hope he'll be ready even if I have to sit him in a wheelchair. In all seriousness though, I'm still worried about a head injury even though they did a CT....... he's having a hard time feeling his left side and he still has a headache.

On the other hand it's been a long time coming and I'm super excited for this wedding to take place. Then off to Africa for our honeymoon!

Please pray for us that he'll be ok. If need be the wedding can be rescheduled but I can't replace him.

That is so terrifying. I will be praying for you guys. :kiss:

13 days until our wedding and my fiance got into a car accident. He was hit head on by a truck. The car is totaled but thank God he's ok for the most part but this accident made me realize how precious life is.....how easy it could all slip away in an instant. I'm mad at both him and the hospital that he didn't stay overnight cause sure enough I had to drag is a$$ back to the ER this morning cause he was in so much pain. Just stubborn. :perplexed I hope he'll be ready even if I have to sit him in a wheelchair. In all seriousness though, I'm still worried about a head injury even though they did a CT....... he's having a hard time feeling his left side and he still has a headache.

On the other hand it's been a long time coming and I'm super excited for this wedding to take place. Then off to Africa for our honeymoon!

Please pray for us that he'll be ok. If need be the wedding can be rescheduled but I can't replace him.

Sending prayers to you and your fiance. I haven't been in here much since my wedding, but please keep us updated.

Thanks girls for the well wishes. He's still hurting but doing much better. Can't wait....after all the delays and ups and downs....7 days till my wedding! I'm so excited.

I'm done studying for my boards and now I can get back to real life and wedding planning, I'm looking at save the dates and invites now because I want to send out save the dates by the end of October my planner said 9 months before the wedding is good timing and then Ill purchase coordinating invites after. Besides that now were working on the flower/decor budget, my florist thinks he is damn David Tutera or Preston Bailey because he gave me an outrageous price so were eliminating some things and trying to come to a happy medium, if not well go with another florist my planner likes to work with for the decor were doing long tables down the center of the the room and circular around the outskirts this will be for like our elderly fam (vip ppl) the height of the flowers will be on these tables with candelabras and the long middle tables will be lined with flowers and candles going down the center Im so stoked about this because I want it to be elegant and formal, we will utilize candles to keep the flower budget in check, the main thing I'm concerned about in regards to the decor really is the drapery my planner still has'nt received an actual quote from the guy were planning to use after many attempts to contact him and I'm worried because we will have the reception area draped off so that people cannot enter during the cocktail hour, we will open the drapes just before dinner seating which will have a dramatic effect that I love. We need to get that finalized because its the most of the decor budget and who know draping fabric would cost so much

eta: so many typos sorry

Last edited:
polished07, thanks for posting all of that. I am waiting for a quote from the florist/decor lighting people and I hope it won't be out of this world. I really want it to be beautiful but I don't have 25 grand just for flowers! :lachen:

Also, thanks for mentioning that about the Save the Dates. Folks in my circle were trying to tell me that 3 months is adequate time because "you don't want people to forget". :perplexed I'm sticking with my original plan of 9 months and they will be going out in January.

Praying to please find a affordable photographer. I refuse to pay over 1k for some wedding pictures :nono:

If you're OK with taking a chance on a non-professional, you could get a college student to do it. Ask people you know if they can recommend someone. Ours worked with my husband at a gym, but art and photography were his passions. We were his first wedding. He did a fantastic job and we got, I think, a good price for the amount of work he did. Check their portfolio and set up a test session to get an idea of what to expect.

I think I may have finally decided on my dress...after trying on 28 more dresses later and counting....

It is beautiful, but I just didn't think it would be the type of dress & designer I'd go for. But, I've found myself staring at pics with me in the dress every day. So... it must be the one. My mother doesn't feel it's "classy" enough, so we're going to try on more dresses, but I think my mind is made up already.

Jmartjrmd How was the wedding?? Is your DH :grin: doing better?

Miss617 Thanks for asking! The wedding was amazing and even better than what I dreamed up in my head. We left immediately for the honeymoon so sorry I'm so late getting back. My DH is doing better but we had to cut our honeymoon a little short for now because he was in a lot of pain. :sad: However, :yep: we had an amazing time. I'm thinking of posting a trip report in the travel section.

Married life is great!

Miss617 Thanks for asking! The wedding was amazing and even better than what I dreamed up in my head. We left immediately for the honeymoon so sorry I'm so late getting back. My DH is doing better but we had to cut our honeymoon a little short for now because he was in a lot of pain. :sad: However, :yep: we had an amazing time. I'm thinking of posting a trip report in the travel section.

Married life is great!

I'm so glad the day was better than you imagined, that's how it was for me too. All that panicking for nothing! And don't worry about being late getting back. If we could have gone on our honeymoon right after, we would have. I'm glad your DH is doing better, and I hope the pain goes away. Maybe when he's back to 100%, you guys can "finish" your honeymoon.

Congratulations, and welcome to married life!

Just had a meeting with my florist yesterday and she worked up a price for me based on the look I would like to go for. KILL. ME. NOW. :lachen:

Just had a meeting with my florist yesterday and she worked up a price for me based on the look I would like to go for. KILL. ME. NOW. :lachen:

This is how I felt! I'm like he think he David Tutera or something! My planner got him down but we did have to omit some things and he was like well I was going by her inspiration pics! Boy bye stick with the budget lol! I'm happy we got him down though bc I really love his work so it all worked out

This is how I felt! I'm like he think he David Tutera or something! My planner got him down but we did have to omit some things and he was like well I was going by her inspiration pics! Boy bye stick with the budget lol! I'm happy we got him down though bc I really love his work so it all worked out

I think this is what I will have to do, some things will have to be omitted. She went by my Pinterest board and it's like double what I want to spend. It sounds like it will be gorgeous but I'm not trying to go broke over a 5 hour party so either I or my planner will have to try to get that cost down.

Celebrated my destination wedding this past Sat!! My wedding was perfect!!
1393483_10202337480027235_626839086_n.jpg
1375700_10151928130291900_780338669_n.jpg

GlamGyrl81 you look absolutely stunning!

Sooooo my lovely opinionated relatives have received my STDs. They all commented to my mom that I've gained weight. Gee thanks....I have noticed and I am greatly appreciative that you have made it a point to tell us :perplexed:

How is it going engaged ladies? Anything new to report? :)

Going great made all our deposits, ordered the Save the Dates omg I'm in love!!! And next thing to tackle is wedding attire it's so hard to focus on wedding needs though bc I've been eyeing some wants for Christmas but I'm thinking of incorporating wedding needs as Christmas gifts ie. my jimmy Choo's I want to wear, my veil, headpiece, bikinis beachwear for honeymoon lol is that bad? I'm just asking for gift cards for Christmas

GlamGyrl81 you look absolutely stunning! Sooooo my lovely opinionated relatives have received my STDs. They all commented to my mom that I've gained weight. Gee thanks....I have noticed and I am greatly appreciative that you have made it a point to tell us :perplexed:

Wow that's bold! Don't let their opinions get to you it's YOUR day not theirs!

GlamGyrl81 you look absolutely stunning!

Sooooo my lovely opinionated relatives have received my STDs. They all commented to my mom that I've gained weight. Gee thanks....I have noticed and I am greatly appreciative that you have made it a point to tell us :perplexed:

Ha, you're family sounds Haitian. It's just customary for Haitian relatives to tell you that you're fat the second they see you. :lol: Like, thanks!
So uncouth, I tell ya.

secretdiamond You nailed it! Yes I'm of Haitian descent lol. 5 years ago everyone was commenting on how skinny I was and saying that I needed to gain another 15-20 pounds (truthfully, I did look better after the first 10 :look: ). Now that those pounds have been gained, they think I've gained too much. SMH....why, my people? WHY?!

@SwtAnana, don't let it get you down! :kiss:

Ladies, which way did you go for STD's? Magnets? Dvds? Cards? Also, what is everyone doing as far as invitations? I would love to do something stunning like what www.lelanewyork.com offers. Her work is gorgeous!

Whether I go with her or not I know that I would love to have a fabric/boxed/gatefold type of invitation. Did anyone do invitations like that? Who did you use? What was the cost?

Last edited:
@SwtAnana, don't let it get you down! :kiss:

Ladies, which way did you go for STD's? Magnets? Dvds? Cards? Also, what is everyone doing as far as invitations? I would love to do something stunning like what www.lelanewyork.com offers. Her work is gorgeous!

Whether I go with her or not I know that I would love to have a fabric/boxed/gatefold type of invitation. Did anyone do invitations like that? Who did you use? What was the cost?

Thank you hun! I did order that Jillian Michael's yoga DVD though :look:

For STD's I just did cards that my FBIL designed. They were bigger than standard postcards.

I'm trying to go cheap on the invites and just go the whole DIY route to cut down on costs. It's so tempting to go all out though when you see all these beautiful creations *le sigh*

Back